What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golf

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I got in 18 yesterday !! Never got above 45f. Hit the ball well but overall didnt score well. Looks like rain and snow for a while , grateful i got a round in . Just want to sharpen up the game a bit before spring shows up .

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I had an accident October 2017 that resulted in: Torn rotor cuff (left), replaced right shoulder, lower back complications and broken teeth. I did hit some balls a couple months back but the back and legs werent happy about it couple days later, although I hitem pretty good.. yesterday hit more, all good so far. Will hit again today and mybe play Thursday or Friday see what happens..

Babba, you sound like a die hard, how long have you been 'hooked'?
I say hooked because one must be to play in those cold temps. It's a great game if no money is involved. Put 10 cents on a match and it can get ugly fast and loose one can loose friends quickly.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used to play a bit with an old friend , but he was the hooked one and I was along for the ride just sort of knocking it about ... that was 20 years ago. Now ive takin it back up and am def working on scoring better. I hit the ball pretty well but havent put the whole game together yet.

Hope to get another round in today. Looks like another beautiful day in the 40's. Maybe by spring Ill be ready for primetime :)
Sorry to hear of your injuries , hope your recovery is complete soon and you can get back out chasing the little ball !! FOUR !!!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
....and you can get back out chasing the little ball !! FOUR !!!

Howdy Babba,, I've always been a fisherman and never played golf (except Putt-Putt years ago),

but isn't the term for warning others to get out of the way: Fore?

Anyway, have a good time out there!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I used to play a bit with an old friend , but he was the hooked one and I was along for the ride just sort of knocking it about ... that was 20 years ago. Now ive takin it back up and am def working on scoring better. I hit the ball pretty well but havent put the whole game together yet.

Hope to get another round in today. Looks like another beautiful day in the 40's. Maybe by spring Ill be ready for primetime :)
Sorry to hear of your injuries , hope your recovery is complete soon and you can get back out chasing the little ball !! FOUR !!!
My first 18 holes in 2.5 years was 2 days ago.. YEAH:friends: with 2 friends from ??? 30 years ago...
happenstance they were in Florida. I've lost allot in the past time not playing well but still hit some good shots but more not so good ones..
chipping and putting suffered the most but no matter. it was fantastic just swinging the clubs and 'today' 3 days later am not crippled after the fact :greenstars:.Thanks for the well wishes, hope your game improves and you feel the 'happiness' of the pure strike of the ball...:tiphat:
Correct Bud (hi Bud) it is 'fore'.

And Babba, getting all 3/4 parts (driving, fairways irons, chipping and putting) of golf together in one round IS the hard part. again good luck and go to the driving range with only one club (and not the driver every time)...

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I must have been yelling Four !! cause i just four putted :) Fore !!! TY

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weather says there will be sun on the course and 50 f today. Raining most everywhere else around :)

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I've played twice in 5 days.. 1st time... ??? 5-6, 8s! No 7s 2 pars and stinkola, did want to know the total. 2x, 2, 8s, 4 pars, and new found distance from tweaking club head angle.. I'm psyched. Bought a new wrist watch GPS.. Didnt think I'd do as well as I did.. the second round. Friends are down from NY playing in the rain cause when they get home no golf til April/May.. Me, Im a fair weather golfer.. there's always tomorrow. I do remember golfing in April one morning in Mahopac, NY it was snowing on the first tee, couldn't see the ball thru the snow.. now... below 60*F I stay home. GL brother

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Today its raining again. Yesterday it was 49f and sunny , good thing I got in 36 yesterday!!

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Babba is this you?

We Offer Premium Hemp Flower And CBD Lifestyle Products.CBD BABA FARM
cbdbabafarm com

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I got 18 in yesterday , hadnt played in a while and didnt do very well. Looks like another nice day today and my son is off work. Pretty sure we will get in at least 18 today. Its the mrs birthday so might just have to go around once and then make her a nice dinner . Hope to hear about anyone else playing.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Glad you're getting some nice weather already, and had fun day yesterday..

Please tell Mrs. B. that I wish her a happy birthday!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
yes babba.. 18 on sunday, temps 75*F or so, slightly overcast and 10-15 mile an hour wind.. shot 95, not getting off tees very well. Looking for mid 80s'... I'll get there. Mid game, fairway and short game, is pretty good, especially from 100 yards in. 3 wood is long enough (190 yds), driver if hit straight (not very often) is 220 +|- 10-20. straight 190 is 'go to' now.. more practice at the driving range. I've watched some YT vids about pitching and chipping. Very helpful, especially chipping. Summers' heat is almost here :biggrin:. Pretty much 12 months of golf except those 40*F days.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Walked 9 holes today on a hilly course. Had fun but played terrible, not used to the walk I guess. So i went to hit a 8 iron shot off a tee on a 3 par. Hit the ball fat but surely not as fat as ive hit others over the years, shaft broke off in my hand right below my grip, first time ive seen that.

Actually used to work for a company named Lynx assembling clubs when i was 18. Might just replace it myself .Might not :)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Walked another 9 today .. played pretty good . ... bought a new club yesterday. Because my irons just go from 4 iron through pitching wedge I bought a M6 hybrid 3 . Should be here by this weekend . Think i might grab a cbx2 56 degree pitching wedge, that should be about all i need for a full summer of golf :)

sdd420

Veteran
Walked another 9 today .. played pretty good . ... bought a new club yesterday. Because my irons just go from 4 iron through pitching wedge I bought a M6 hybrid 3 . Should be here by this weekend . Think i might grab a cbx2 56 degree pitching wedge, that should be about all i need for a full summer of golf :)
You’ll love that hybrid! I’m almost ready just need a new putter.
Those new putters are amazing , I am needing something better .
I hope to get out soon though especially with this 80 degree weather :tiphat:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been playing about 3 or 4 days a week with plans to play more. Hard finding someone else with the time. Hope you all are having good times on the course. Its a great break from the homestead and still keeps the social distancing thing. Enjoy !!
My son got an Eagle two on a 4 par. Drove the 360 yard green and putted in :)

Last edited:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
man i love golfing chasing a ball through a field with friends getting a fat ole buzz on. sometimes i strategically set skunky gifts for next passer throughers

Latest posts

Latest posts