What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

harvestreaper

Veteran
G `day HR

1st one is AG13 x HPHz / Haze AC by Dirk Diggler re vegged and flowered again .
Next C5 x Jack by Hupla .Then C5 x A5 T from e.T and the big cola one is HPHz x A5T also from e.T .

All able to yield big . Finish around 100 days .

thanks for the info they sound spot on this one wernt a bad yeilder curing nicely at the moment .g13 hz x thunk
picture.php

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
Could be but I am familiar with that
Its crazy they dont say what the genetics are

But its just one of those things

Like i said the Clone is unmistakable The leaves are just a different shape altogether

I have no idea why humboldt seeds gets away with not informing people what its hybridized with

So we dont know

Hope you get some great smoke out of it for sure

I always say its the plant you grow yourself that is the best

but just be aware there is an original clone out there that is way different

Someone here talked about crossing bluedream to OHaze That would be maybe even better

But the Original cut of Blue Dream is actually very good

The leaves on humboldt version are more compact shape and the cut has long pencil leaves

I wish that company would be more up front about what they put out there... they just call it 'blue dream'

No reason why you can't get some very decent smoke off it Just be aware theres more out there

yes, they only say it is:

Cross: Blueberry x Super Silver Haze

not specified further.. this pheno has a very interesting characteristics on the edges of the leaves, easy to recognize her amongs the others. i will put more pics about to check it closer.

right

Check it out guys this is a terrible picture ,and it's not mine but the leaves on blue dream look a lot more like this ( thin fingered even in veg)

My cut had even thinner fingers than ss haze

Attachments

• IMG00008.jpg
    IMG00008.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 70

right

May I ask you hazeheads a question that is a little off topic?
Such is life, is that a Nevil quote? Something he said after looking a haze cut or something?

Raho

Veteran
Check it out guys this is a terrible picture ,and it's not mine but the leaves on blue dream look a lot more like this ( thin fingered even in veg)

My cut had even thinner fingers than ss haze
Looks good to me.

Regarding HSO Blue Dream, I have a pack of those in the fridge, and wrestled with that pedigree for a while.
In the end, I realized that Occam's Razor definitely applies here . . .
"The simplest solution is most likely the right one."
The original Blue Dream cut is not hard to get. I know people who have it in Europe. It was (and probably still is) available at Oaksterdam forever. One of the few cuts that is so common that almost every dispensary in Cali has the real thing. WHY would anyone put in the effort to copy it when they could just buy the cut for less than a bag of soil?
HSO has real working relationships with big name breeders in California. If they wanted or needed the cut, they'd have it in a matter of days.
Occam's Razor.

The company literally made their name from Feminized seeds.
IF HSO has the real cut, AND HSO are masters of reversing cannabis, THEN . . .
Occam's Razor says that HSO Blue Dream is an S1.

So . . . not every pheno of Blue Dream looks like the cut?
That is to be expected from an S1 of an F1.
We also know that the environment that a plant is grown in can significantly alter it's expression. Leaves can be wider or more narrow based on light spectrum, RH, etc. Color, terps, resin gland density. All are vary widely in different environments.

So, wide range of phenos in S1 of F1 hybrid, wide range of expression based on different environments. These things adequately explain the variation from the cut in the HSO product.

In my BD x ohaze hybrid, I picked the best of 16 for the plant I showed the pic of. What I didn't say is that the other 7 females weren't even close.
Variation in the genetics of the Blue Dream cut.

Hey, I'm not there in the HSO flower rooms when they make their seeds. I am painfully aware that unless I see it with my own eyes, I can never know for sure. But the reputation of that company is on the line with every seedline they release, especially lines that are supposed to repro a famous cutting in seed form.
Why would they take chances by using anything but the real thing? Just doesn't make sense.

That's my 2¢ :tiphat:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Thai Haze x (sensi star x nycd):

Micro style:

picture.php

Chopped:

picture.php

Close up:

picture.php

The T Haze I flower is 15 weeks in my micro cab and with this cross
they finish 10 weeks +/-

Crossing a T Haze x MNS White Rhino, Afghan T cross, pollen dropping as we speak.

Haze hybrids for the win.

Great thread!

herbgreen

Veteran
Looks good to me.

Regarding HSO Blue Dream, I have a pack of those in the fridge, and wrestled with that pedigree for a while.
In the end, I realized that Occam's Razor definitely applies here . . .
"The simplest solution is most likely the right one."
The original Blue Dream cut is not hard to get. I know people who have it in Europe. It was (and probably still is) available at Oaksterdam forever. One of the few cuts that is so common that almost every dispensary in Cali has the real thing. WHY would anyone put in the effort to copy it when they could just buy the cut for less than a bag of soil?
HSO has real working relationships with big name breeders in California. If they wanted or needed the cut, they'd have it in a matter of days.
Occam's Razor.

The company literally made their name from Feminized seeds.
IF HSO has the real cut, AND HSO are masters of reversing cannabis, THEN . . .
Occam's Razor says that HSO Blue Dream is an S1.

So . . . not every pheno of Blue Dream looks like the cut?
That is to be expected from an S1 of an F1.
We also know that the environment that a plant is grown in can significantly alter it's expression. Leaves can be wider or more narrow based on light spectrum, RH, etc. Color, terps, resin gland density. All are vary widely in different environments.

So, wide range of phenos in S1 of F1 hybrid, wide range of expression based on different environments. These things adequately explain the variation from the cut in the HSO product.

In my BD x ohaze hybrid, I picked the best of 16 for the plant I showed the pic of. What I didn't say is that the other 7 females weren't even close.
Variation in the genetics of the Blue Dream cut.

Hey, I'm not there in the HSO flower rooms when they make their seeds. I am painfully aware that unless I see it with my own eyes, I can never know for sure. But the reputation of that company is on the line with every seedline they release, especially lines that are supposed to repro a famous cutting in seed form.
Why would they take chances by using anything but the real thing? Just doesn't make sense.

That's my 2¢ :tiphat:

Your razor cuts both ways :biggrin:

I have had tons of real blue dream to smoke and its one thing

The HSO is another thing.....

But its one of those things

The leaves are dead giveaway not just to be a thin leaf but more open shape with the pencil style long leaf

The hso has more like maple leaf look in shape big fat tapered leafs

Its no doubt a hybrid of probably the real clone x ?

Its an easy one I'm familiar with it...had both

Why a hybrid of blue dream instead of S1 ?

They wanted to raise THC most likely

They may also want it to be their exclusive intellectual property while still cashing in on the 'blue dream' name

Also Humboldt Seed Organisation is based in Spain and apparently UK owned company their website wont even ship to the US

Seems like a very weird 'organization' thats either fake to begin with or sold out completely

star crash here did a good run with a real one

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=315467&page=12

Chunky pigs also

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=315467&page=19

HSO blue dream

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=331739

x

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
May I ask you hazeheads a question that is a little off topic?
Such is life, is that a Nevil quote? Something he said after looking a haze cut or something?

Ned Kelly (December 1854 – 11 November 1880)[a] was an Australian bushranger, outlaw, gang leader and convicted police murderer. One of the last bushrangers, and by far the most famous, he is best known for wearing a suit of bulletproof armour during his final shootout with the police.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Kelly

nedkelly2.jpg

Accounts differ about Kelly's last words. Some newspaper reporters wrote that it was "Such is life"

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Thanks for jumping in EB.
You've seen and done it all ;-)

Especially love those pics of Sammy's old garden. Is what we are seeing there the famous "outdoor run to re-invigorate the cuttings"?

Cheers

Yes that is some where in the Low Lands one summer a half dozen years ago .
The old mothers reinvigorating out in the sun .

Raho

Veteran
Your razor cuts both ways

I have had tons of real blue dream to smoke and its one thing
The HSO is another thing.....
But its one of those things
The leaves are dead giveaway not just to be a thin leaf but more open shape with the pencil style long leaf
The hso has more like maple leaf look in shape big fat tapered leafs
Its no doubt a hybrid of probably the real clone x ?
Its an easy one I'm familiar with it...had both
Why a hybrid of blue dream instead of S1 ?
They wanted to raise THC most likely
They may also want it to be their exclusive intellectual property while still cashing in on the 'blue dream' name
Also Humboldt Seed Organisation is based in Spain and apparently UK owned company their website wont even ship to the US
Seems like a very weird 'organization' thats either fake to begin with or sold out completely
star crash here did a good run with a real one
Chunky pigs also
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=315467&page=19
HSO blue dream
x

One thing I know for sure is, that I will never know for sure, what HSO Blue Dream is.
We convince ourselves that we "Know" things in the canna community all the time, when in reality we absolutely DO NOT KNOW.
I used to do it, and now I fight the urge to fall into that trap.

I'll keep my open mind, at least until after I grow out 10 or so of those HSOs.
I have yet to see anyone run more than 2 of those seeds at a time.
From my understanding genetics, the likelihood of pulling haze dom phenos from Blue Dream S1s is not good. I would expect to need at least 5seedplants to find a pheno I'd be happy with, and would prefer to run 10.
I had a friend a couple years back that had a direct channel to the head of HSO. Asked me if I had any questions for him.
I asked how they make their Blue Dream. The answer was it is an S1 of the original cut. Who knows.

Your post is a bit confusing though @herbgreen.
You say you had tons of real Blue Dream to smoke.

Have you ever GROWN real blue dream or the HSO?
I only ask because then you start talking about distinctive leaf shapes being a dead giveaway that HSO BD is not legit.
Drawing conclusions from pictures of leaves . . .
Here are a few pics of the "real" Blue Dream mother I made my seeds with in Mendo.
Are the leaves correct? What are you comparing them to?

Thanks!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Raho

Veteran
Ned Kelly (December 1854 – 11 November 1880)[a] was an Australian bushranger, outlaw, gang leader and convicted police murderer. One of the last bushrangers, and by far the most famous, he is best known for wearing a suit of bulletproof armour during his final shootout with the police.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Kelly

View Image

Accounts differ about Kelly's last words. Some newspaper reporters wrote that it was "Such is life"
I saw that, but multiple references dispute his "last words" use of the phrase as being first (assuming he said it at all.)
The reference I posted said this:
The phrase, "Such is life" is intresting. I've read it orgionated in France, that it comes from Ned Kelly's last words in Australila and that it's part of a saying from London's war years. Recently, I've seen it on Victorian wax impression rings with a ship. It's also found on what resemble/are religous medals also with a ship in the center of the words. My question is, What is the connection between the ship and the words, "Such is Life"?It certainly wasn't coined by Ned Kelly, (though for all I know he may have said it), let alone in WWII (though no doubt people said it then too). It was already a standard phrase in the 18th century, when Joseph Baretti in his 1762 Grammar of the Italian Language translated "Cosi va'l mondo!" (literally "That's the way the world goes") as "Such is life". The French "C'est la vie" (literally "That's life") is a parallel phrase, but there's no reason to suppose that either is derived from the other. It's just as likely that the French, Italians and British each came up with the reflection independently.

D

DNM1

A little Killer A5 Haze for this wonderful thread
:)

Attachments

• IMG_7188.jpg
    IMG_7188.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7191.jpg
    IMG_7191.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 58
D

DNM1

A little Killer A5 Haze for this wonderful thread
... and my second Killer A5 Haze,and a freebie I've had.Will check the origin/breeder of my Amnesia Haze IBL

Attachments

• IMG_7259.jpg
    IMG_7259.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7083.jpg
    IMG_7083.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 51

herbgreen

Veteran
One thing I know for sure is, that I will never know for sure, what HSO Blue Dream is.
We convince ourselves that we "Know" things in the canna community all the time, when in reality we absolutely DO NOT KNOW.
I used to do it, and now I fight the urge to fall into that trap.

I'll keep my open mind, at least until after I grow out 10 or so of those HSOs.
I have yet to see anyone run more than 2 of those seeds at a time.
From my understanding genetics, the likelihood of pulling haze dom phenos from Blue Dream S1s is not good. I would expect to need at least 5seedplants to find a pheno I'd be happy with, and would prefer to run 10.
I had a friend a couple years back that had a direct channel to the head of HSO. Asked me if I had any questions for him.
I asked how they make their Blue Dream. The answer was it is an S1 of the original cut. Who knows.

Your post is a bit confusing though @herbgreen.
You say you had tons of real Blue Dream to smoke.

Have you ever GROWN real blue dream or the HSO?
I only ask because then you start talking about distinctive leaf shapes being a dead giveaway that HSO BD is not legit.
Drawing conclusions from pictures of leaves . . .
Here are a few pics of the "real" Blue Dream mother I made my seeds with in Mendo.
Are the leaves correct? What are you comparing them to?

Thanks!

No, they dont look quite right but I can't see the whole leafs or in context to plant very well Thats the HSO ?

I figure if you had the real cut you would not be growing HSO bluedream seeds (Occam's Razor) :biggrin:

I had to look at quite a few known legit pics to make sure of what Im seeing

These one here are legit bluedream cut...

yes I ended up growing HSO cut by accident they look just like the plants in this link HSO blue dream

I knew it looked not right and I was waiting for the leaf to straighten out but they never did and the smoke wasnt near what had been getting as blue dream

since moved on was long time ago

Didnt mean to hit nerve didnt realize you had used in breeding project

I didnt know you had info that it was an S1 seems like you were theorizing with 'Occam's Razor'

my guess is that its hybrid or bx

I just know what I have experienced and my comparisons

Id be glad to be wrong but Ive seen the plant all over the place and when I got that cut I kept waiting for the look which never came

Found out later that person was really growing HSO blue dream from seed!

I looked at a lot plants and a lot of pictures of plants

You cannot see the difference ?

I did not intent to hit a nerve

I Like the thread didnt know you were really that involved with the plant

In the end its the final smoke that matters not leafs

But thats me

All we can do is document experiences and knowledge

It all goes up in smoke! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts