What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Test grow: C5 x KC, HPH x KC, NH x Pan, Zam x Pan + Thai chi

Mountainkush

HphxKc 12 weeks
This was the last cola with any white pistils and now they are drying off two days later. Trichomes are mostly cloudy so I’ll give her a couple more day and chop.
picture.php

Mountainkush

Nhxpan 12 weeks
Judged this one a bit wrong and may have started flushing/plain water a bit too soon. It appeared to be slowing down but now has started reflowering from top to bottom and is also yellowing really fast. Might work out for the best and be some really clean herb but I probably could of pushed her a bit more.
Love the tropical fruit scent I’m getting on her now and hope it sticks around after chop. Like my ZamxPan the lemon has faded into the background.
picture.php

Tried to do a better job tying this up today as she was hanging a bit low. The flowers are starting to get quite heavy.
picture.php

Mountainkush

C5xKc
Tried a little sample of this one as well and it reminds me a bit of my Thai chi’s warm feel good vibe but definitely has its own twist. I need to smoke more at once to get a better feel for it. The taste in my vaporizer kind of reminds me of wine tipped colt cigars. Not the actual cigar but just the wine tip and smells a bit like coco powder in my grinder. Interesting and surprised me a little.
picture.php

Mountainkush

Nhxpan 13 weeks
This lady is still truckin along and eating through its leaves quite fast. Trichomes are mostly cloudy so I’m just letting the last few pistils die. I’m guessing 14 weeks and she’ll be ready to chop.
Can’t really smell any lemon on her any more. Mango dominates and a bit of pineapple too now. Kinda like a tropical punch fruit juice.
picture.php

Flowers near the bottom appear to be done
picture.php

Still reflowering a bit up top
picture.php

picture.php

Mountainkush

HphxKc
Tried to get some pics that show off the resin better. Pictures really don’t do this girl any justice.
Love the smell on this one and can’t believe how strong it is. Reminds me a bit of sour diesel, but more sour and less diesel if that makes sense
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Anjey

Really nice plants interesting genetics and nice to see them at fruition. The hphxkc looks and sounds wonderful, but so do the rest of the plants you grew. Hope you enjoy!

Mountainkush

Really nice plants interesting genetics and nice to see them at fruition. The hphxkc looks and sounds wonderful, but so do the rest of the plants you grew. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks Anjey,
Had some issues mid flower but everything seems to have finished nicely. Really happy to have something to smoke from this run.
My last grow was almost a complete loss to mold. Battled high heat and humidity all summer and lost. I think I read you had a similar situation but looks like things are going well for you again.

Mountainkush

ZamxPan clone

It’s been pretty fun growing this little lady in my bedroom window. It’s been a bit of a challenge with no way to get runoff but other than a few burnt tips from letting it dry up too much it looks pretty healthy. Daylight hours have increased a bit to 9.5 but she only gets about 3-4 hours of direst sun.
Makes for a nice houseplant/air freshener!
picture.php

picture.php

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Very lovely flowers on both the HPHxkc & NevxPan!
Curious about the bouquet and potency on the latter.
Thanks for the show & feedback.

Mountainkush

Very lovely flowers on both the HPHxkc & NevxPan!
Curious about the bouquet and potency on the latter.
Thanks for the show & feedback.

Thanks Yo Sammy, really appreciate it.
I tried a sample of the Nhxpan last night I cut off a few days ago and fast dried and it was fantastic.
To put it into perspective I vape with my wife every day when she gets home from work and we run 2 bags off each bowl and 2 bowls for a total 4 bags/balloons and share them. We stopped after the first bowl because we didn’t need any more! I ended up doing the second one myself 3 hours later and I was still high.
So I’d say potency is great.
Very strong stoned kinda high and all in the head. No anxiety and kinda dreamy. I’m excited to smoke more at once and get a better feel for it.

I’ll definitely update this after a good cure.
Mango makes up probably 70% of the smell and taste but I can’t say for sure about the stuff going on on the background. Might change a bit once it’s in jars. Gonna chop it down Saturday just shy of 14weeks.

Only other thing I’ve smoked lately that makes me stop after the first one is a longer flowering Tikal I grew last year that funny enough is a NL/haze x Central America cross. Total different high though

Mountainkush

Wanted to add that I tested the C5xKc again and it’s pretty good. Feels like a cross between my Thai chi warm happy vibe with some of the dreamy stone from the Nhxpan. Which makes sense since they share some parental plants.
Just wish it had more of a smell but I think that was my fault.
Only one I haven’t sampled yet is the HphxKc because it’s the one I’ve been most excited about. I know it’s silly but I love the resin, terps and colours so much I’m scared I won’t like the high. I’ll be disappointed if it’s not a keeper. I’ll have to try some tomorrow and get it over with.

Mountainkush

Tell me tell me tell me!!!
:laughing:

Hey Yukon
Was not disappointed, that’s for sure. Very heavy hitter. I’m not the best at describing stuff like this but she hits hard and fast.

Mostly all in the head, very stoned kinda high and very relaxing. Not as introspective as the Nhxpan was. You can really feel it in your eyes and most of your face for that matter lol.

Would not want to have anything important to do after smoking this stuff. There was a bit of a crash at the end but a few more puffs and your right back where you started. Thinking this will be best for an evening smoke.
Definitely gonna keep a cut to grow again. Good luck with yours when you get a chance to start them.

LostTribe

Premium user
HphxKc
Tried to get some pics that show off the resin better. Pictures really don’t do this girl any justice.
Love the smell on this one and can’t believe how strong it is. Reminds me a bit of sour diesel, but more sour and less diesel if that makes sense
View Image
View Image
View Image

The HPHxKC looks amazing great job! How long did that go? What lighting and lighting schedule did you use?

Mountainkush

The HPHxKC looks amazing great job! How long did that go? What lighting and lighting schedule did you use?

Hey LostTribe, thank you so much.

HphxKc went 7 weeks 18/6 for veg.
Started flowering with 11.5/12.5 for the first two weeks then 11.25/12.75 for a week. Then went 11/13 for the rest and cut down after 12 weeks and 2 days. Lights are 2x600w hps in a 4x6 tent.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MountainKush :)

Glad the show came to a good end. Excellent flower development despite the feeding problems and some health issues in the leaves,
but the flowers and resins look top notch, the pics of the finished product and harvested buds speak by themselves :yummy:

The HashPlant Haze x Kali China looks like a purple Kali China hashplant pheno but like on steroids, much bigger and better yielding, like a XL hashplant, love her resins.

The Zamaldelica x Panama looks and sounds like my cup of tea. The complex floral terpenes come from the Zamaldelica elite mother,
both Zamaldelica elite and Panama Goddess mothers produce a very energetic, positive and extroverted cerebral effect of the highest order,
glad the hybrid also carries the qualities of the effects of the parental plants of the cross.

The Nevil's Haze x Panama colas look outstanding as well. Excellent yield, flower density and flower leaf/ratio, glad the potency is so high that must be taken with caution :D

Yep, the C5 Haze mother has lots of qualities in her terpenes (floral/lemony) and effects (very uplifting) that reminds me a lot of a good and strong Thai rather than Colombian like the A5 Haze.
So i undestand your comparison between C5 Haze x Kali China and Thai Chi (Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China).
C5 Haze x Kali China is much better yielding and overall stronger than Thai Chi,
although i still prefer Thai Chi over C5 Haze cross due to being more consistent for its refined incensey terpenes and quality of the effect.

Congrats on such a nice and bountiful harvest and thanks a lot for your frequent updates and for the feedback on these new hybrids :huggg:
Your brain must be really busy these days starting to test the different genetics now with the start of the curing.

Enjoy! You really deserve it. Looking forward for your upcoming adventures :tiphat:

Mountainkush

I realized I forgot to add a finished picture of the Nevil’s haze x Panama.
picture.php

picture.php

Took a little group shot as well since I was refilling my smaller jars.
Top is ZamxPan & Nhxpan
Bottom is HphxKc & C5xKc
picture.php

Mountainkush

Thanks Dubi,
I hope you and your family are doing well in these hard times. I know Spain is being hit hard by this.
My wife and I have been enjoying these a lot the past couple weeks after returning from Jamaica and being put into isolation. They’ve had some time to cure and mellow out a bit so I can better understand their personality.

The C5xKc is my least favourite of the group because of how introverted it makes me if I smoke a lot. A little just relaxes me and makes me feel good but too much and I’m staring at my wife trying to make my mouth actually speak words. Would be great for time spent along as it really gets your thoughts going. The taste and smell haven’t changed much. Just got a little stronger. Still similar to my Thai Chi and not something I can describe well.

The HphxKc on the other hand is amazing with none of the introverted stuff. Still a very stoney buzz that makes you very happy no matter what’s going on. Great for hanging out and joking around and shares one aspect for sure with Nhxpan. I find myself doing weird things then laugh till my face hurts about it. We were playing a card game the other night and my wife asked me what we were smoking. I asked why and she said that’s some good stuff, I really like that. Before long we were pulling card from the wrong pile and making all sorts of stupid stuff. She askes for it often now. Musky sour smell in the jars but has this sorta sour dark fruity taste now.

Mountainkush

The ZamxPan turned out to be a real winner also and has a beautiful lemon scent along with the intense floral notes in the jar and when vaped. Very energetic lively high. The kind of stuff you can smoke all day and not get burned out and as I’ve stated before it’s a real special one for the bedroom. Like a light dose of mdma. I had some issues with bananas at the end of flowering so didn’t keep this one. Hoping the next seed will be just as special.

The Nhxpan is another special one to me. Not sure how to describe the smell other than sour mango but it’s way less sour than the HphxKc. It’s just not a sweet scent. There is some complex terps in the background that my nose just doesn’t know what to do with. Love the effect from this one. It’s a bit energetic with a dreamy, crazy side to it. Hard to explain but I plan on really getting into these jars now so I’ll update later.

I’m starting a new grow in a few days and growing one of each again along with a few others and can’t wait to see what I get from round two!

Thanks again