What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do YOU Consider CBN Rich (Comatose in 15min after toking) Cannabis 'Potent' Cannabis?

SuperMac

or its myrcene Dr. Young..

CBN is degraded THC. While CBN does cause a more dull, sleepy high its not what distinguishes Sativa and Indica strains. Apparently its the interactions of the terpenes with the THC that determines if the plant causes a person to be high or stoned.

So maybe this discussion should really be about the terpenoid myrcene or other terpenes.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
So maybe this discussion should really be about the terpenoid myrcene or other terpenes.
Sorry, but this thread is not about getting stoned, which is what myrcene does indeed help with. You can use massive amounts of myrcene and not get sleepy. ;)

SuperMac

No need to apologize DC. I understand that the topic of the thread is sleepy CBN rich weed...

If you happen to find a strain high in THC, CBN and a flavor molecule called myrcene, you can expect some serious yawns. However, sedation isn’t the only benefit that CBN provides. In general, the compound is considered nonpsychoactive. Research in human cells has shown that CBN has only a mild ability to activate the same cell receptors as THC.

As mentioned above, CBN is a sedative. In fact, research from as early as 1976 found that the drowsy effects of this cannabinoid are amplified when it is combined with THC.

As a stand-alone molecule, however, CBN is thought to produce little to no psychoactive effect. To get the most from this cannabinoid, pairing it with other cannabis compounds may be your best bet.

Douglas.Curtis

As a stand-alone molecule, however, CBN is thought to produce little to no psychoactive effect. To get the most from this cannabinoid, pairing it with other cannabis compounds may be your best bet.
This sounds like a great topic for a thread. Perhaps you'd like to start it? :D

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Having a strain make me tired or sleepy pretty much makes me never want to smoke it. I do not mind a good body high from time to time. But I have enough to do that I end up tired every night naturally.

SuperMac

its about the terps!

its about the terps!

This sounds like a great topic for a thread. Perhaps you'd like to start it? :D

No need to DC. My comments are directly related to the OP's topic. :biggrin: Although if you feel differently please explain why. Otherwise this thread is not about me posting threads and I'm sorry to say that you're off topic :tiphat:

I wood

Having a strain make me tired or sleepy pretty much makes me never want to smoke it. I do not mind a good body high from time to time. But I have enough to do that I end up tired every night naturally.

Yup, me too.
But everyone is different, I grow GGnumber4 and death star for a 76 year old lady who smokes them all day while functioning normally.
Respect.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Yup, me too.
But everyone is different, I grow GGnumber4 and death star for a 76 year old lady who smokes them all day while functioning normally.
Respect.

I can function on about anything. But prefer to do it eyes wide open with that beaming feeling. That makes me want to do shit

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
or its myrcene Dr. Young..

CBN is degraded THC. While CBN does cause a more dull, sleepy high its not what distinguishes Sativa and Indica strains. Apparently its the interactions of the terpenes with the THC that determines if the plant causes a person to be high or stoned.

Haze has tons of Myrcene.... Look at a5 analysis from Ace... Most incensey archetypal Haze known, and its dominated by Myrcene. Which explains the name itself... Haze.... Leaves you sedated, and basically awestruck in a haze\daze...... While not being couchlocky.. Which comes from cbn...cbg...cbd. Especially when amplified by myrcene. Just my intuitive leap of things but not sure..

Douglas.Curtis

No need to DC. My comments are directly related to the OP's topic. :biggrin: Although if you feel differently please explain why. Otherwise this thread is not about me posting threads and I'm sorry to say that you're off topic :tiphat:
I am the OP. :tiphat: The question is rather specific and simple The intent is to highlight the social perception difference between truly potent cannabis, and CBN rich, poorly harvested/handled cannabis. Medication/Inebriation effects are not relevant.
Yes, I'm retentive. It's one of my known issues I'm working on. lol ;)

What I would like to see, along the lines of your post, is a thread on CBN and terpene information you have. That would be a treat. :) Personally I'm shy on information in the CBN/Terpene arena and any new info is welcome.

I'm a firm believer CBN is going to replace just about all the 'sleep-aids' currently on the market. The terpene differences are going to be crucial to success with the widest audience.

I wood

I'm a firm believer CBN is going to replace just about all the 'sleep-aids' currently on the market. The terpene differences are going to be crucial to success with the widest audience.

I would like to see that, hope you are right.
For about ten years now I’ve always kept an old bud/trim supply around just in case insomnia becomes an issue for anyone i'm working with.
Hash made from year old stock has always worked.
Way better than pharmaceuticals and way less side effects.

SuperMac

OK D.C.

Do I consider Cannabis high in CBN potent Cannabis? It depends on the strain because CBN is just one plant terpene/alkaloid among many cause the pharmacological affects of MJ.

If I were to do a thread on terpene/alkaloids that induce sleep, the main focus would not be CBN but rather CBG.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Getting high and getting stoned, mean very different things to me. Cannabis can have either effect. I can't say one is right, and one is wrong. But I do know when it is working. If it can put me to sleep, or make me an insomniac, it's strong.

I find most people talk about wanting to get high, but still push aside the psychedelic weed for the sedative one, every time. I have studied this, with experiments, withholding the late night stash until work is done. Smoking the more functional stuff all day. Then got both options on the table the next day, and it's smoke the strong one and be useless all day again.

There is something people don't like to hear, that as a blanket view, cannabis is a depressant. So that same blanketed user group are bound to pick the most depressing smoke. Many like being depressed, so much that it's their happy place. They don't really understand what being depressed is. Taking barbiturates for any other reason could be seen as misguided. So people taking them to get knocked down is difficult to call wrong.

Douglas.Curtis

Getting high and getting stoned, mean very different things to me. Cannabis can have either effect. I can't say one is right, and one is wrong. But I do know when it is working. If it can put me to sleep, or make me an insomniac, it's strong.

I find most people talk about wanting to get high, but still push aside the psychedelic weed for the sedative one, every time. I have studied this, with experiments, withholding the late night stash until work is done. Smoking the more functional stuff all day. Then got both options on the table the next day, and it's smoke the strong one and be useless all day again.

There is something people don't like to hear, that as a blanket view, cannabis is a depressant. So that same blanketed user group are bound to pick the most depressing smoke. Many like being depressed, so much that it's their happy place. They don't really understand what being depressed is. Taking barbiturates for any other reason could be seen as misguided. So people taking them to get knocked down is difficult to call wrong.
Most of society today has been programmed with issues they want to escape from. This is what i see causing the majority of choices toward 'escapist' terpene profiles.

I believe this is also why a lot of the overripe, and/or poorly stored/handled CBN rich cannabis is so popular. You really don't have to have any terpene profile at all, as long as the user gets to sleep through their issues within 10-15 minutes. Right? :)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Cbn? Dispensary weed is definitely Progeriated through heat and chemical npk attacks,but I recently smoked dispo weed for the first time in years:

Most people are getting faded on nitrate toxicity. I could smell the neem and kushy impostor pinesol perfume haha, but the nutes slipped passed until it was too late.

Nitrate poisoning. You know, the stuff that kills cows out in the real world, but is a myth in fukushimaville? And the tests are cheaper than a thc test but no way to make money off that truth.

Could the terms "Progeriated through heat and chemical npk attacks" and "nitrate toxicity" be explained to a simple bumkin like me please?

What is npk? How hot is "heat"?

As for the sleepyness thing, I vaped a couple bags of OGK tonight, munched a couple cookies, and am gonna hit the rack.

Some mornings a nice fresh thick heavy kush, long hot shower and back to bed just feel too good not to do it.

Jammal

Idk sometimes I wish good old northwest late harvest dark red trichomes hashplant outdoor bud was still a thing...fuking stoney,,,forget your own name for awhile...lol

Latest posts

Latest posts