What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Real OLD SCHOOL - Cherry Oil

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Has anyone here extracted with Chloroform, Benzene, Methanol, or Methylene Chloride?

Don't think that anyone over here extract with these solvents, I don't hope so.
Benzene is a carcinogen, methanol cause blindness, chloroform is only available for companies and Methylene Chloride is toxic, was almost banned under the Obama administration, I just read.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a hard time comparing concentrates I tried in the 70's and current offerings, because my tolerance has changed. The same one-hit-knock-your-pee pee-in-the-dirt cannabis strains that I marveled at in the early 70's, didn't get me as high from a whole joint when I retired in 2005.

After giving up smoking (combusting) anything, and sampling various concentrates since 2007, none of it gives me the same 70's euphoric high, including THC-a crystals swimming in terpene soup.

You did just jog my memory, that one of the things going around in the early 70's, disguised and sold as any of number other drugs, was PCP.

I ran across it disguised as THC powder, as well as "hash oil" spayed on leaf to increase potency and sold as rare this-and-that strain from mystic places over the hill and far away.

It produced a one hit intense euphoric high similar to cannabis and I absolutely loved it, until I had some analyzed at the local free/no tell OHSU hospital and found out what it was.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Quality Shit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.9 KB ID:	18025049

Attachments

• Quality Shit.jpg
    Quality Shit.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 55

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Back in the 70's they would spray mint leaves with PCP, and call it "angel dust". It made your ears "buzz".

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I found this:
"When heat is involved, so is molecular change. Following this, heat will change the components of cannabis buds or hemp biomass. CBN, for example, is an oxidation product of THC. That said, plants don’t actually produce THC; instead, nature produces THCa. Accordingly, a balancing act between temperature and time must occur to turn (decarb) THCa into THC without instead causing oxidation. Oxygen breaks THC down even further into CBN.
The current system is patented and exclusively claims CBD and hemp biomass in the intellectual property, instead of THC. Although data for THC Vapor Static extraction is in the works, this is not available at this time. And unlike THC, hemp oil and CBD instead oxidize into CBC, CBL, or red quinone counterparts. Oxygen can, however, be engineered out of the system to avoid this type of degradation."

https://cannabislifenetwork.com/how-static-extracts-solventless-cannabis-oil-from-vapour/

Latest posts

Latest posts