What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing a pic of your Thai Chi @LHC looks quite Thai dominant so far, let's see how she responds in early flowering. How many days is she into 12/12 ?

Reactions: LHC

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Thanks for your interest BumSplodgeBrownPants i think Seedsman still has 5 fem Thai Chi packs available:

Thanks Dubi but I refuse to use seedsman after they refused to honour a 5 pack of freebie Bangi from yourselves a few years back, even though they had them in stock, they'd run out of "freebie" stock and sent me a 5 pack of their own branded hybrid beans of which went straight in the bin.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Stoneroller

Some impressions of ThaiChi, after 5 months of cure.

Smell is kinda meaty and herbal, I am getting a strong Kali China influence here. Also aromas reminiscent of tea. When grinded it turns more fruity. When vaped i get aromas reminiscent of pineapple, lime and coconut, with the herbal seasoning. Like i am having some mediterranean meat dish and a pina colada.

The high is calm but stimulating, it hits the head first with brain massaging sensation, somewhat similar that I also got from Honduras x Panama. Sometimes its funny and giggly at the start! For me ThaiChi evokes introspection, and strenghtens the mind-body connection encouraging exploring movement and my posture. Very suitable for yoga and meditation. There are some psychedelic qualities to the high, like closed eye visual patterns and altered thought patterns.

Not exacly up and high party weed for me, but definitely not a couchlock either. Quite clean comedown, slight calming effect coming maybe from the KaliChina side. For me it is a great all around strain, that i probably enjoy most when i have some time for myself. Thank you Dubi for the work on this strain!

IMG_20231017_125145.jpg

Last edited:

Funkalicious

Hi folks, update on the guerilla Thai Chi.

We had two weeks of solid rain, and fairly cold temperatures (lows of 10°C or below). I was quite worried about what i was going to find yesterday.

But they were in fantastic shape! The winds must have been strong, because one branch split at the base, which meant a cola was touching some plants near the ground.. That was the only spot with mild budrot/mold.

99% clear of mold! Bravo ACE.

The slower pheno probably needs 10-14 days, and the faster pheno 7-10 days.

Big hype for this harvest!

IMG_20231028_112033.jpg

IMG_20231028_112421.jpg

IMG_20231028_113038.jpg

IMG_20231028_111939.jpg

IMG_20231028_111042.jpg

Last edited:

Funkalicious

I accidentally broke a branch of the faster pheno, so here's a sample I can enjoy while waiting for the rest to mature.

It's looking like it'll be nice and frosty! The plants don't get much sun hours anymore in the guerilla spot, but I'm hoping to still see good progress on the buds over next 7-10 days.

Hype train ticket acquired.

IMG_20231028_133559.jpg

albertgriffiths

Just came here to do a little report on my thai chi grow, I unfortunately don't have any photos of her.

I grew one seed out of a 5 pack, and happened to get a very thin-leafed pheno, very sensitive to nute burn, but oterwise easy to grow. Quite stretchy but nothing crazy. And finished in about 9 weeks. Produced a bit more than I expected.

It is so incredible being able to harvest such a tropical-looking beauty in so little time!

I must confess I have not yet been quite convinced by straight Kali China. Zamalchina appealed to me a bit better (grew only 3 seeds of each), but ultimately this one has become my favorite smoke for when I'm chilling on my own.

Smell and taste are OK, nothing crazy. floral and herbal, with a nice bit of that Kali China funk. Less present in the exhale than in the aftertaste (vaping, 180°C). Got much better after 2 months.
But the effect is just sooooooooo nice!!! It always makes me smile. Not giggling, just wholeheartedly smiling at anything, whatever my current mood is. I particularly recommend it for walking the dog in the woods, or gardening, or any other calm outdoor activities at sunset. Ace's description, as always, is spot on! Very good for meditation and contemplation, it has a cool introspective vibe I found in a few other Ace crosses (Nepal Jam, Malawi x Panama, Kali China). Calm sativas are a thing!

If I should compare her to Nepal Jam, i would say I like the taste a bit more, and I find the effect a bit more playful/joyful overall. The comedown is a bit more sleepy, also.
(I do love Nepal Jam better for reading or playing chess, though).

Now I really want to pop these 4 beans I have left, and hopefuly find something a bit more flavorful, with the same kind of effects.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
happy to hear they are doing well despite the persistent rains @Funkalicious :D
The Thai Chiang Mai really increases Kali China mold resistance in Thai Chi hybrid.
Hope they finish in the upcoming 1-2 weeks without problems guerrillero! :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Some impressions of ThaiChi, after 5 months of cure.

Smell is kinda meaty and herbal, I am getting a strong Kali China influence here. Also aromas reminiscent of tea. When grinded it turns more fruity. When vaped i get aromas reminiscent of pineapple, lime and coconut, with the herbal seasoning. Like i am having some mediterranean meat dish and a pina colada.

The high is calm but stimulating, it hits the head first with brain massaging sensation, somewhat similar that I also got from Honduras x Panama. Sometimes its funny and giggly at the start! For me ThaiChi evokes introspection, and strenghtens the mind-body connection encouraging exploring movement and my posture. Very suitable for yoga and meditation. There are some psychedelic qualities to the high, like closed eye visual patterns and altered thought patterns.

Not exacly up and high party weed for me, but definitely not a couchlock either. Quite clean comedown, slight calming effect coming maybe from the KaliChina side. For me it is a great all around strain, that i probably enjoy most when i have some time for myself. Thank you Dubi for the work on this strain!

View attachment 18905600

@Stoneroller thanks for get back to us with such beautiful and detailed smoke report, tempting bud ala brown haze type :yummy: terpene profile sounds yummy as well ! Glad others that have been into yoga-meditation can also appreciate the meditative qualities of this strain.

Herbal, meaty, incensey, spicy, fruity, tea, yes.... but i've never thought of coconut when trying to describe Thai Chi :) thanks for that, enjoy!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag @albertgriffiths :) thanks for joining the conversation, a pleasure to lewarn about your experience with Thai Chi, especially knowing you have grown other ACE strains and how do they compare with each other. A thin leaved early flowering pheno is indeed interesting, glad you also appreciate Thai Chi's comtemplative effect of beautiful introspection and zen feeling.

LHC

Plant is now 5 weeks in flower. I have now some issues I cant solve myself. Can you guys help me out?
Plant is in Biobizz Lightmix since start of flower with some added Bat guano and frass, have also top dressed with bat guano 3 weeks ago. Only tap water until now. 26L/7gal fabric pot.

Leaves have started to get yellow. Mostly lower leaves, but now also some higher leaves starting to loose color. Tips are also a little bit burnt, indicating to much bat guano.

Last edited:

MrFancyPlants

Hello friends, this is the last of my 4 Thai Chis at about 90 days - the prettiest one of the bunch with the best smell, which I have yet to learn to describe :)

I'll need to leave a better write-up here when I get a chance; early sampling of the other plants reveal an incredible warm (and quite potent) effect and complex flavors. I am very excited about this one. Thanks @dubi!

IMG_20231030_234309.jpg

IMG_20231101_080712.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful looking colas @MrFancyPlants excellent gardening work with Thai Chi :smoke: congrats!

Plant is now 5 weeks in flower. I have now some issues I cant solve myself. Can you guys help me out?
Plant is in Biobizz Lightmix since start of flower with some added Bat guano and frass, have also top dressed with bat guano 3 weeks ago. Only tap water until now. 26L/7gal fabric pot.

Leaves have started to get yellow. Mostly lower leaves, but now also some higher leaves starting to loose color. Tips are also a little bit burnt, indicating to much bat guano.

Hi @LHC Bio Bizz light mix is probably too light in nutrients for the complete flowering stage of a hybrid.
If the ph is correct, then it's a macronutrient deficiency and you may need to increase NPK and ec with liquid fertilizers.

LHC

Wonderful looking colas @MrFancyPlants excellent gardening work with Thai Chi :smoke: congrats!

Hi @LHC Bio Bizz light mix is probably too light in nutrients for the complete flowering stage of a hybrid.
If the ph is correct, then it's a macronutrient deficiency and you may need to increase NPK and ec with liquid fertilizers.
Hi @dubi. Thank´s for helping me. Remember I also mixed in maybe a handfull guano from the start, and then added a small handfull as top dressing around 3 weeks ago. What I am worried about, is if it is signs of a overfertilized plant. And if adding liquid ferts will make the situation worse? The guano is 3-15-4.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
thanks for the reminder @LHC first make sure ph is correct. If ph is correct and ec is not higher than 1.6 and still yellowing then it's lack of nutrients.

LHC

thanks for the reminder @LHC first make sure ph is correct. If ph is correct and ec is not higher than 1.6 and still yellowing then it's lack of nutrients.
I will check PH in water and runoff today, but I do not have an EC meter. Just out of curiosity, when you say EC not higher than 1.6, where would you measure that ?

Latest posts

Latest posts