What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

online dating?? anyone ever had a good outcome??

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I got laid online...the girl I met was fat. We had sex then I said someone didn't want us to see each other anymore. Fat.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
recently got pursued by an older bbw looking for a younger man. went south when i brought up smoking bud i got called a druggie haha wtf

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
A good guy on another board I hang out at has posted that his wife of 10 years wants to leave him for some guy she met on-line. From fuckin Australia no less!! 2 kids. What a mess.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I remember online dating. It was where all the lads told the trouts they looked wonderful to get laid. Then over time the trouts started to believe they looked wonderful. Eventually leading to the bottom 20% of women thinking they could have the top 20% of guys.

It's a bit of a candy shop problem. I once saw a girl a few times at her place, but when I went to meet her in town, all the other women beside her gave prospective. I wanted to upgrade straight away. Women are the worst for upgrading. Most on there have been there forever. Women are never single you see, they're lining up the next guy while still with theirs. They're also very vein and are often just looking for compliments.

The best online dates are new to it. The unspoiled ones. They will accept a date on their level for a week or two, until all the lies from people looking for one night stands inflate their ego too much.

Often people leaving employment on these sites will let the facts out. You need to be in the top 10% or forget it really. Or the bottom 20% if you're a women just after a jump. Nearly all the messages go to that top 10%. It's a candy shop. Few people will leave with a perfectly good peanut.

One thing most of us will find is our self worth being eroded. Remember that woman could be never meeting you because it's a man. Or have fake pics. Be looking for attention. Only want a certain type of chat. Be just looking. The most successful person I know on there was also the biggest minger. He just messaged everyone to see who bit. His approach was so rough that only women with low expectations replied anyway. So he effectively found the worst women. I remember one date took her kids along to get fed.

I sign up every other spring perhaps. See all the same faces. Some I know the husbands of. I give it about 3 weeks messaging a few day to be sure I don't message both her profiles by accident. Then leave before I feel too bad. It's a bit of a joke with the lads really. No real reflection upon me.

Being in a country where we can't grow means I can't do the online thing anyway. Half your chance of getting busted comes from an ex. My last GF was from POF and I just couldn't decide if I should tell her or not. She eventually thought I was keeping something from her and it became history. I couldn't take the risk.

I really wouldn't bother folks.