What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

amnesia haze

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
amnesia, i think this is the hypro / coffee shop cut. one of my faves
9-10 weeks, 84W LED, organic soil. pleased with the fade on this :)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

HeriMarry

Do you have any plans on working with this amnesia cut VG? All your releases an selections have really impressed me, your work has slipped passed my radar but no more. VG releases will get my attention from now on an congrats on your collab with Chimera/Breeders Retail.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks HeriMarry, i do want to work with the amnesia, i have a couple of ideas for crosses as well as trying to make some S1s. The pictured amnesia was grown alongside another smaller one which i was trying to reverse to make pollen. it wasn't easy to get it to produce male flowers but eventually i did get a tiny bit of pollen - but i dont think it generated any seeds - or certainly not many. I will try reversing it again because i would be very interested what came out of some amnesia S1s. If it is truly a ssh pheno then likely there would be a fair bit of variation in the offspring.

VG

Levitationofme

Should I have any sort of great expectations growing out Super Strains Amnesia?

I don't expect the legendary genetics of that incredible plant, But I was wondering if any of you guys with more intimate knowledge of what they are selling now as Amnesia, might be able to chime in.

I believe this company is the remnants of the original company that was selling it. I know how stuff like that goes and it's anyone's guess what they may have done with it.

Cheesegez

Always something I've never really got to the bottom of .... in Amsterdam the so called amnesia haze compliments the haze family very well , it smells and tastes like the elite s5 haze clone and g13 along with many other close relatives . I popped 4 seeds last year of somas gear the end product was very different from what I know as ammo / amnesia haze , I only had 3 plants but the phenotypes were all pretty similar to each other , took 13 weeks to finish looked very similar to Belgowiets pics of the same origin tastes like Thai stick very woody... unless I got some bad seeds.

Almost all the hazes like mango haze , g13 haze ,tangerine haze (nycdxg13) bare many similarities to each other in background tastes and aromas.

I also grew out a clone passed to me as amnesia lemon hy-pro which confused thingd more as it was far too sativia for any amnesia I've sampled ....

Maybe one of you can englighten me in what genetics circles the dam under the names ammo / amnesia haze because the coffee shops seem to know F*** all about the origins and genetics of there products which is madness in a legal cannabis community .

CG

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
That's just it, the cannabis in Amsterdam is 'grey market'.

The commercial growing and transportation of cannabis is still illegal, jus that certain licenced premesis (coffee shops) are allowed to have up to 1kg and to sell it to people over the age of 18 with maximum 7g in 1 sale.

The bud tenders will have 0 knowelege about where the weed comes from other than the old tuppaware container under the counter. The guys that run the show will know who is bringing it to them an possibly who is growing it, but you better bet your ass they won't tell the bud tenders, never mind a tourist ;)

belgowiet

That's just it, the cannabis in Amsterdam is 'grey market'.

The commercial growing and transportation of cannabis is still illegal, jus that certain licenced premesis (coffee shops) are allowed to have up to 1kg and to sell it to people over the age of 18 with maximum 7g in 1 sale.

The bud tenders will have 0 knowelege about where the weed comes from other than the old tuppaware container under the counter. The guys that run the show will know who is bringing it to them an possibly who is growing it, but you better bet your ass they won't tell the bud tenders, never mind a tourist ;)

almost treu :good: but the limit they can have is 500 gr in their shop and 5 gr is the "max". per person.

there are some wholesalers around , but most shops in holland still buy from growers not always directly due to security reasons.
some of them grow exclusive for that particular shop :biggrin:
but its treu most budtender dont now where or who it comes from.

i can give you a perfect example about this... i know a shop who sells " Black Berry Kush " but its actually - cuvee from tga - the owner/buyer know what it is but they call it black berry kush because it sells better under that name more €€€ $$$

Last edited:
M

maliali

yes but Belgowiet cut is the best cut of any cut that had Amnesia name in it...perfect haze. no problem for making contract that only smoke this cut for next 2 years. :D ..core is stony...this bcut is perfect :D

Spaventa

Veteran
Soma AH came up when i asked about strains with incense aromas to the smoke. Is this also a characteristic of the Dinafem Amnesia? or the original cut/s? or is the incense from the haze Soma used? anyone know?

Dog Star

Veteran
Amnesia Haze elite cut i have can breach 4lb per light if you grow with Gavita 1000 DE
and made good defoliation...

very good smoke,heady but also confused in same time..

Can sustain it better than Amnesia Core cut as he mades me too twitchy.

seeded

Soma AH came up when i asked about strains with incense aromas to the smoke. Is this also a characteristic of the Dinafem Amnesia? or the original cut/s? or is the incense from the haze Soma used? anyone know?
I've ran some of soma's amnesia haze f2's from way back when they came as regular gender seeds and mine were all very musky and champagne-ish. There were also quite a few fruity, floral and hazy girls but most smelled of musk sticks and cheap fruity booze. I only grew about ten of them and they were f2s from parents chosen by a different person than the original breeder who now themselves offers the strain using at least one different parent than the what was used on the line I've got so it might be different for you but for me at least they were pretty consistent with the muskyness and fruity booze which from an f2 line would lead me to believe those terps are the rule and not the exception for soma's amnesia haze.

Latest posts

Latest posts