What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flex Seal - OFF Gas?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Yesterday I used flex seal to cover the translucent lid of one of my reservoirs. Today, it's pretty much cured about 20 hours. Its close to 3/8" thick and does indeed block out all light intrusion. But it has a very peculiar smell to it. Being in the game back in the day of off gassing tents and hose, I wonder has anyone used any of this stuff in the bloom area, having any bad experiences? Good? Opinions?

Thanks.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Well if Ona is used in the same room (e.g in room not tent) and may impart fragrant molecules to your plant. AFAIC off gassing = same.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Well if Ona is used in the same room (e.g in room not tent) and may impart fragrant molecules to your plant. AFAIC off gassing = same.
I'm guessing that is a yes on off gassing but what is Onas' part? and why in the room, not a tent?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Ona gel is flexible crystal that coats suspended unwanted particles (smelly particles in the air) Some folks thought that they could place the jar in their tents. No! The fragrance is transferred to the flowers. Same applies if you have either a passive intake or supplied air from the room your tent/grow room is in. I grow in the basement, my Ona is in the front hall, 2-3 times removed. No issues. We are legal here. So if Ona gets transferred to flowers, I have used flex seal and until full cure (off gassing) as you guessed is harmful to your plants and buds.