What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How I temper my chocolate.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
"Store bought" candy doesn't taste at all like it used to. The sweeteners they use have changed over the years, as have the recipes (to accommodate what the surveys tell them is the current taste). I am more of a salt person than a sugar person but I worked in a candy store as a kid and, believe me, I had plenty of free samples. LOL None of the new candy tastes like it used to. I bought some Regal Crown Sour Candy recently (a vintage candy re-issue) and they tasted like shit compared to how I remember the super-sour originals. These were more of a "sweet and sour".

I make most everything I eat from scratch and it's always soooooo much better. And, it's more rewarding.

Made my own raisin bread recently....

Attachments

• rb-14.jpg
    rb-14.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 46

LostTribe

Premium user
I made some chocolate truffles. 3 different kinds semi sweet, dark and pistachio with dry ice hash butter. Space balls.

Latest posts

Latest posts