What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what are you PLANNING to eat? (new recipe thread?)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i'm rapidly turning into a dessert fiend. :tiphat: i keep coming up with new (to me) ideas for pies, cobblers etc. next batter up is gonna be a fruit cobbler (prob blueberries) fixed in a cast iron skillet in the oven. heat skillet. melt brown sugar/butter together in skillet. pour 1/2 of batter mix (your choice) into skillet. pile in blueberries/honey mix. top with other half of batter mix, bake in oven till batter crust turns golden... still gnawing on batter/crust mix details. what would YOU do?

budsnblunts

Veteran
Crumbles are great. Easy to make. Mix butter add flower and brown sugar until the mix is crumbly. Then use that as a base or topper to fruit mixes.. apple crumble or fejoa crumble is my favorite.

T

Teddybrae

Y'know ... I 'm not much of an Epicure. I think of food merely like fuel to keep my body active. But it occurs to me that altho I have an active sex life (vigorous for an old bloke) ... it's been a long time since I ate Pussy.

Hmmm. might just do that later. who wants my recipe?

Green Squall

Chicken legs are marinating in the fridge with lime juice, honey, garlic, onion and cilantro. I'm going to roast the hell out of them on the grill.

Also did a few batches of lacto fermented pickles today since my cucumber plant is producing well. Water, salt, dill, rosemary, peppercorns, fennel seed, garlic and I threw in a tea bag (tannins keep them crunchy). You can also use grape leaves or fresh bay leaves.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Brined a Boston butt for 48 hours.

Pureed some garlic and sauteed it in grass fed butter, salt and pepper.

Injected the butt with the garlic butter and dry rubbed the outside with Byron's Butt Rubb.

Will go on the pit tomorrow over lump charcoal and a bit of seasoned oak.

Only 6 lbs, should take about 10 hours but I bet I eat 3 lbs. of it before I let anybody else have a crack at it :biggrin:

Lyfespan

91XYW1MAqdL._SY355_.jpg
dressingmix-buttermilk-2-lbox-373x400-FFFFFF.png

03080---green-jalapeno-60ml_pdp_wr.jpg

719JxkiwTVL._SY355_.jpg

blog-4.jpg

combine, shake, refrigerate for 12 hours, then toss on the grill.

one packet ranch to one small bottle of tabasco

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
Brined a Boston butt for 48 hours.

Pureed some garlic and sauteed it in grass fed butter, salt and pepper.

Injected the butt with the garlic butter and dry rubbed the outside with Byron's Butt Rubb.

Will go on the pit tomorrow over lump charcoal and a bit of seasoned oak.

Only 6 lbs, should take about 10 hours but I bet I eat 3 lbs. of it before I let anybody else have a crack at it :biggrin:

That butt was amazing!

S4L showed me the one he was snacking on and it was amazing too!

Tbh I'd rather have his :biggrin:

picture.php

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta
by Angela Liddon
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins

Creamy, thick, and rich with lots of garlic flavour and a hint of lemon. This is my newest favourite pasta dish. The avocado works wonderfully in this recipe to create a sauce so creamy and thick, you will think there is cream hiding in there.

Ingredients (2 servings)
1 medium sized ripe avocado, pitted
1/2 lemon, juiced*
1-2 garlic cloves*
1/2 tsp kosher salt
good handful each each fresh basil and parsley
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
8oz of your choice of pasta
Freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
1. Bring salted water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, parsley, pepper and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.

3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Serve immediately.

Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.

One change you can make that I actually prefer is to use Cilantro instead of regular Parsley.

It also becomes creamier if you roughly chop everything up before putting into your blender/food processor. Or at least it does mine. It should be the consistency of a room temperature whipped butter or fresh whipped whipping cream when you're done. (Hold a peak.)

Serve with blackened shrimp or a piece of salmon, and I'm in heaven.

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
"Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately."

Man I just made cajun shrimp over vermicelli with a gouda cream sauce.

I usually don't care for cream based sauces but this only used 1/2 cup of whipping cream and I love smoked gouda so it was pretty good.

Not so good that I'm gonna make it again next week, but a nice change of pace.

Then I ate the leftover the next day.

This ain't my first rodeo, I know well enough to add some water to almost EVERY pasta dish that I reheat.

I added a good two tablespoons and then another. It just didn't matter, I could have patched holes in walls with that shit.

I picked out the shrimp but wasn't in the mood for a colon blockage so into the bin it went.