What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finding gear you can build on

Sunshineinabag

So let's say I wanted to find a breeder who had offerings that I could open pollinate a good female of and see what would one use for a male pollen so as not lower or hinder the progress made by the orig breeders?I'd also sincerely appreciate any insight to breeders with above average gear......like skywalker og from dna type potent.:biggrin:

Desert Dan

Veteran
Find some inbred gear... Sour Bubble, Blueberry, Flo, C99, or anything BX2/3.

There should be enough variability left in those to still put your own twist after a few generations of selection, but stable enough to open pollenate.

Things like deep chunk are set in stone.

-DD :tiphat:

hayday

Veteran
def try BOG's offerings.Very stable ,sour bubble dominates most crosses.His strawberry carries over well too.

El Timbo

If you are planning to build on something then first you want to find something you like...

Desert Dan's suggestion of something inbred is a good way to go about it - and I'd be looking at a landrace - either raw or worked (ACE)

Another option would be to start with a real F1 and see where you can take it. Again ACE have some nice offerings and Chimera.