What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2008 Cup

I'll most definatly be joining the rest of you for the cup next year. I can't wait, what's the best way to get a tester pass/ticket for a reasonable price. Where are some decent places to stay... those of you who have the pleasure of living in the dam, what do you think? I wanted to arrive a few days before to get comfortable and leave a few after the cup to purely indulge in the city. Kudos to everyone who got to enjoy the cup for 07, counting down to next year.

B

BeAn

Barryblaze said:
Does anybody know many tickets will be sold for the cup?

Thanks,

Barry

Depends how many peeps buy one, ill be getting one for sure...thats a definate ONE atleast.. :joint:

I attended the cup for one day this year and was very happy indeed! I bought the 30euro day pass and got plenty of high. Although i would have loved to try to sample all of the great strains in detail there was simply too much going around in my opinon , to make any logical judging choices! (especially after all the bubble at NOL's , hasjpaper joint & leafblower :bashhead:)

If your budjet is tight just but day passes every day and only judge the enormous fatties that are passed your way in the meantime! Maybe next year the day pass holders could get a chance to vote on whatever they got to try?

As for amsterdam for the location? :badday:

Adam is nice but there are MUCH nicer places in the netherlands that are ALL easy to get to with the NS trains. Here are my list of alternate choices for the IC CUP in the future, in the netherlands....

1. Haarlem - Close to the damn but with WAY better coffeshops & WAY less tourits.
2. Groningen - About 2hrs north of amsterdam by train. A medium sized duth city with roughly 20 coffeshops and a dozen smart/growshops. Big advantge to being here is proximity to working hempfield & BIOBIZZ headquarters! Not to mention it's got some of the finest dutch ladies I have ever seen. :headbange
3. Random coastal city on the beach in north or south holland! Get that island/beachvibe but in the NL! What more could you ask for?

G

I think Haarlem would be perfect for the Cup, but as to holding it outside Holland, no way, its illegal you know! Only other possibility outside Holland I can think of is Nol's place in Spain when it is up and running, but still, Holland is better.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I found this Afghan farmer who says we can use his poppy field outside of Kandahar for the 2008 cup, but he said no point in bringing any "AK-47", because there's already plenty of those around.

051230_Narco_wide.hlarge.jpg

Germanator

One of the better things about Amsterdam, and Holland in general is that the Dutch are a different breed of people. I mean they "legalized" soft drugs! Among other things, you should not worry about sticking out in the city, because most of the city thrives off tourism, meaning you won't offend too many locals...because many crazies have come and gone before you.

Just for good measure I don't speak German (where I was raised), and I turn into the American tourist. I find that the Dutch do not favor German tourists as much as respectful American tourists...but that is for good reason.

Hope to meet many of you this year at the CUP!

Germ

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
im defenitaley going! I went like 10 days after the high times cup last year, and still had a blast, but ill tell ya one thing, that arjan's ultra haze #1 wasnt all it was cracked up to be. It smelled so strong and you couldnt contain it, but it just didnt impress me. And i was freaking out when i saw the grow video for it before i went, those plants looked amazing! Before i left i stopped by centrall coffeeshop and ordered some buddah, that was the best smoke i found the whole time! That was the first time that i ever hallucinated on weed! I felt like i was in a cartoon!

Rootstyle

Hopefully this year some super kind bud will win the cup and not arjans stuff again. I m gonna try to make it out there but who knows. ChemD needs to win the cup. IMO

I hope rez and heads PERSONALLY enter buds they have grown. i really hope someone does enter chemdogg genetics...rez can do that too as he gots all of them

G

Well,

I'm looking forward to this years 4:20 Cup. I'll be there in full force and will be entering my Bangkok Betty and Oriental Express. Either way, I think everyone will in joy the gathering, friendship and of course the smoke. I'll have plenty of goodies to share. Can't wait, looking forward to having a super time.

Take care,
BG

confused

if i make it any year it would be next year.... graduation present to myself (hopefully :))

would be a story to tell the grandkids when they become hooligans.

mmmmm seeing the OE in competition action would be nice gdw.

vinevamp

Will most certainly be there with sativa judge pass this time. 07 was a great experience with memorable moments and people. Can't wait.