What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buds Buddy's DWC & Soil Grow Journal

High All !!! I've got a grow started that I'm going to do a journal on.
First a little about me & my grow journey. I started growing about 3.5 years ago on a site that no longer exists. I had 2 mentors @Weezard & Emilya who guided me through it all. I started out in a cardboard box lined with foil & 8 65 watt CFL's ...lol. Funny now, looking back.
Tried CFL's, T-5's, MH / HPS, Several different Blurple LED's & I've settled in with my Mars Hydro TSW 2000's. I run 3 of these in about a 4' x 8' grow room I built in my shed.
I'm currently running 2 Auto-flower Critical 2.0's in DWC which are in flower. I also have a Blueberry & an OG Pie Face in soil (FFOF) which are about 2 weeks old. Just topped & LST'd the Blueberry 2 days ago.
The OG has a node to go. Then I have the seedlings in solo cups still.
There are 2 Blueberry & a SFV Kush which are about 5 days old.
I only use Mega Crop for feed. 5.8 pH in DWC & 6.4 pH soil. I know some say you don't need to pH nutes in soil; but I do it anyway.
Haven't fed any nutes to the soil plants yet. DWC plants are getting 8 grams of MC to 3.5 gallons of water & 8 ml. of Hydro Guard. ppm is about 450 but drops to about 300 in a week.
They are currently drinking a gallon per day per plant.
I'll get more into this once I see if I can post pics.

Attachments

• 7-122.jpg
    7-122.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 7-129.jpg
    7-129.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 7-128.jpg
    7-128.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 7-127.jpg
    7-127.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 7-126.jpg
    7-126.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 36
  • 7-125.jpg
    7-125.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 7-124.jpg
    7-124.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 7-123.jpg
    7-123.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 28
OK, have to figure out how to turn the pics. I did a defol on the plant in the 1st 2 pics above.
The plants below are my soil girls.
My grow room temps run 72 - 77 F with 55 - 65% RH. I run 3 Mars Htdro TSW 2000's which are 300 watts each. I'm at 72,000 LUX at canopy on the DWC plants & 55,000 on the soil plants. I run a 6 gallon Space Saver Humidifier 24/7 on low. I'm in AZ. which is very Hot & Dry. 117 F outside today. I run an 8000 BTU window AC in my grow room also. I have a 6" exhaust & carbon filter & a 4" intake with Carbon Filter installed if I should need them. My DWC Buckets use 350 gph pumps & 2" x 6" air stones (1 for each bucket). Not sure what else to say yet so here's some more pics.
OK, can't find the tab to click to take me to the pics on my computer like in the 1st post. Not getting that option.

Trying to figure out how to post pics

Trying to figure out how to post pics

Pics

Attachments

• 7-134.jpg
    7-134.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 7-133.jpg
    7-133.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 34
  • 7-132.jpg
    7-132.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 7-131.jpg
    7-131.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 7-130.jpg
    7-130.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 33
My Seed Order

My Seed Order

I'm currently waiting on 2 different seed orders to get here so I can do a perpetual type grow. I have a 3' x 4' Propagation tent for starting seeds & clones. I just got my STS yesterday so I'll be experimenting with that somewhere along the journey.
The seeds I have coming are : D'Qar, Rusty Glue, Glue Cookies BX1, Power Glue, Shock Trauma F3, Do-Si-Dos, Peyote Wi-Fi, Aurora Indica, White Widow & Bruce Banger. Yes I like the heavy Indica strains in case you didn't notice ... lol.
My last grow I did a Gorilla Glue #4, Gorilla Girl & an Afghan Kush.
Pulled 2 - lbs. between the 3 plants total dry weight.
So here's some pics of the prop tent & my plants from my last grow.

Attachments

• Prop Tent - 1.jpg
    Prop Tent - 1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Prop Tent - 4.jpg
    Prop Tent - 4.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 13-Afghan.jpg
    13-Afghan.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 48
All I can think of for now. Hope to hear from you Weezard since I'm not sure how to contact you yet on this site. Thanks to anyone interested in this journal. Looking forward to growing my knowledge along with my plants !!! Still shooting for a pound per plant. Maybe a longer veg time will do it. I only vegged 5 weeks last grow. May go as long as 8 weeks this time.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Sweet! So you trim them before cutting the stalk? Interesting. Looks like w*rk to me. :D

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Maybe a longer veg time will do it."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That and a large root mass.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When doing soil, the depth and width of the container are the major influence for size at maturity.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Less so for DWC, but still a biggie.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More below ground = More above ground.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Welcome back.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wee
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Those were trimmed for a contest on another site. I won the Nextlight Mega. Didn't care for that light though as 600 watts was spread over a 39" x 40" board. Had to have the lights really low to get enough LUX. Left no room to work on the plants. It would probably do well for a SCROG set up. You still building LED's ? Doing Hempy Buckets ?
I've been experimenting with several lights, LST, HST, Soil, Coco, DWC, etc. since I started growing. I'm kind of a Lazy Grower so I try to find all the easy way outs. I think I'll stick with my FFOF grows & MC as I get pretty good yields with the least amount of work. I think if I go to 10 gallon pots & 8 weeks Veg I can get a pound per plant.
Any of the other members from the old site here ? Every now & then Tom Sawyer pops in on some of my journals on the other site with Em. I know she says she misses you.
Kind of a weird site here. Different set up then most. Not much on replies either.
So how do you turn & straighten pics on this site ? Haven't found that yet.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
I work from a desktop.
Easy to edit pics before sending so I never looked into it.
That's the main difference with IC.

It's designed for real computer and retrofitted for phones.
I may be lazier than thou. Typing is easier, pictures are actually viewable on a 20" monitor. And, I'm not likely to leave it in a cab, full of felonius pictures, yah?

Tried many styles of growing. My laziness has prevailed and I now keep it simple Roots Organic for veg, FFOF for flower and 4 gallon square pots to limit size.
Grew a 10 footer once looking for that pound per plant.
Whew! I won't do that again! half the weight was labor intensive stalks and stems.
'twas a real PITA

Trimming took all day, and I had too much of one strain.
I like to grow small amounts of 10 different kinds as my grow is strictly medical.

I test, and label the jars for their medical effect

Some days we need pain killer, some days we need laughing grass, yah?

Roofer is here gotta go.

Emilya & I have been on 420Mag. It is a good site. By now I would have 25 replies from people if I did a journal there. Not sure what is going on with this site as No Replies. Weird.
I did just start "The pH or not to pH Grow Journal" on that site. There's been a lot of hoopla about pH-ing nutes when feeding in soil. Lot's are saying it's not necessary & since I'm skeptical I started a journal on it. 2 - Blueberry. 1 gets pH nutes @ 6.4 & the other plant get nutes without adjusting the pH. My last grow I listened & didn't pH at 1st. Ran into defs & tox's down the line. Started pH-ing & everything got better. I believe the nutes you add eventually change the soil pH even though it has buffers.
I think it was you who once said to question & test everything. I've pretty much been doing exactly that. Not to prove a point but to see if it works for me. I've come a long way since Cannabis.com but still have plenty to learn.
So you're doing some crosses. what you got going ? I just got some STS the other day to try that myself. Haven't given any thought to what to cross yet.
I'm thinking of crossing Mendo Breath with Incredible Bulk, back cross it & then cross it with Fire OG. 3 of my favorites. All strong Indica's.
Oh, I can't PM yet as I don't have 50 posts.
They have some different contests on this site then others. They have Photo of the month, Plant of the month, Nug of the month, Grow Journal of the month & Member of the month; every month but the rest of the contests are by sponsors.
Mars Hydro wanted me to do a journal featuring their products but I declined their offer.
I was buying 3 - Mars Hydro TSW 2000's & a 4' x 8' tent from them. They offered 10% off if I did a journal right away with the stuff. 25% off I would have done it but not worth the hassle for about a $100 savings. Not when people get free stuff for doing this.
You guys are on lockdown ? I wish they'd lock AZ. down. Things are bad here. I don't like to even go outside because of it. Been laid off for 2 months now & getting really worried since they aren't extending unemployment after July. Trying to find a job, even though i don't think it's safe; but nobody seems to be hiring in my line of work. Oh well, it is what it is & only Trump can fix it; but he refuses to. I guess he wants to buy up everyone's house once they get evicted. He's great at getting the economy going. But you can't get it going until you stop the Virus. I feel like I'm being told to drink the poison from Jim Jones when he says "Live with it". I'm far from a Biden fan either.
One guy wont do enough & the other wants to do too much. Flip a coin ... lol.
Had to take my poor little Pekingese to the Doc to get his eyes removed a few days ago.
They kept getting infected & he went blind. Had a choice to remove his eyes or put him down. He's like my kid to me so no way I could put him down. I go somewhere & he's right there by my side cruising too. He's my little side kick & I love him to death. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to afford the surgery. Most places wanted $3000 or more. Then i found a non profit animal hospital & it was $940 to have it done so I did it.
Love that dog !!!
Oh well, I've rambled enough. Hope I didn't bore you ... lol.

Emilya is up for Member of the Month. I just voted for her. She was saying how much she'd love to chat with you when I told her I was in contact. I know you have your Home Site (like me) but maybe pop in some time & say hey to some old friends. That's kind of what I do every once in a while.

Hey there, what's up ? I was telling some people about the CO2 Bucket / Wine thing you do & now everyone wants to know how you do it. Any chance you got a decent pic of it ?
Anyway .... here's a copy & paste message from Emilya.
It would be maika?i loa to see that old Hawaiian Weezard again... I miss him.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Probably have a bunch;
Yep, here's one now;
CO2  routing.jpg

Nothing to it.

Mix honey with water 1:4.
At room temps., pitch in a packet of dry yeast.
Run a hose to the grow and feed it in from the top. (CO2 is heavier than air).

When it's done, (about 30 - 60 days) You have 5 gallons of Mead. :)
Proceed, with extreme caution. Mead can be >20% ethanol.

Want simpler?

Sugar, water, yeast, in a container on a high shelf. Done.

Enjoy,
Wee