What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Giveaway MarsHydro SP3000 giveaway

Gonzino

Even though dank.frank is showing some amazing stuff, and I know I can't compete, I wanna show you how good 100w of Mars Hydro light can do.

I bought 2 months ago a TS600 to veg 5 autoflowers and planned to move them outdoor for flowering.

But then I decided it was safer to keep them indoor for the whole cycle and here I am with:

- 2 Auto Critical from RQS
- 3 Auto Northern Light from RQS

I defoliated a lot during the cycle for space concerns.

Cycle is not complete, but I will cut down the quickest one in 10 days or so.

Day 54

No ph/ec/humidity/temp/whatever control. Just some ferts and a good light soil mix...

Remember guys, 100w can do this, guess what more can do! Ty Mars Hydro Led for this cheap awesome light.

Bye!

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I dont have your tents or lights yet, but i have your glasses and a smellproof bag, and I can tell from the smellproof bag that the quality of your tents should be really nice. I would test this light against hps and hgl's led that I have. I have two exact same tents I could do a side by side with. And I have many strains that I would put some up for you all to vote on what to see under the lights

Either way, good luck to you all.
Lets some some buds under this giveway light, can't wait!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82879&pictureid=2042506&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62083&pictureid=1464863&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62083&pictureid=1464119&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62083&pictureid=1531012&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81240&pictureid=1979036&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

welcome, tom.
the strain is a monster. love your pictures. :thank you:
Good luck.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Exciting!
It's nice to see Mars upgrading their QB game.
When upgrading my grow to QB I considered Mars TS or SP as an option. They are reasonably priced. HOwever, there was a definitive drop in quality due to chips used. Additionally, spectrum was overly high in blue. I was also concerned with presence of 730 nm far red.
I ended up going for a knock off chinese brand with 3500k and 660 nm red.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83422&pictureid=2042798&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
This knew mars upgrade seems to fix many of the original shortfalls with the mars qb variant. Would definitely be interested to see how this upgraded 300w would perform in a 2x4. (Still a little worried with presence of added 730 nm far red)
Its cool to see how far leds have evolved in a short time. I started out with leds using the original mars300. ended up buying 4 in the end..
They worked great but all had the same diodes burn out after a couple years of use.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83422&pictureid=2042797&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

welcome, buddy. :huggg:
The SP3000 will use samsung lm305b chips and 660nm osram chips. We added more red chips. So the spectrum will be more balance. We believe the performance could be better than present SP250. More, the dimmer function can control the brightness easier.:biggrin:

For the old mars300, we did sell it for a few years. But now it cannot catch the flow. The burnt out problem has been solve by the new QB design light. :biggrin:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor

Welcome eyesdownchronic
some real tasty buds:thank you:
Maybe you should have a try for our new light. It is much better than old ones. :biggrin:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Even though dank.frank is showing some amazing stuff, and I know I can't compete, I wanna show you how good 100w of Mars Hydro light can do.

I bought 2 months ago a TS600 to veg 5 autoflowers and planned to move them outdoor for flowering.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82917&pictureid=2042923&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

But then I decided it was safer to keep them indoor for the whole cycle and here I am with:

- 2 Auto Critical from RQS
- 3 Auto Northern Light from RQS

I defoliated a lot during the cycle for space concerns.

Cycle is not complete, but I will cut down the quickest one in 10 days or so.

Day 54

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82917&pictureid=2042924&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82917&pictureid=2042930&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82917&pictureid=2042925&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

No ph/ec/humidity/temp/whatever control. Just some ferts and a good light soil mix...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82917&pictureid=2042933&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Remember guys, 100w can do this, guess what more can do! Ty Mars Hydro Led for this cheap awesome light.

Bye!

:thank you: That's what people want to see!!

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
It is the fairest way to do it, it’s a members vote in a way.
Happy to see dank.frank in the lead, he does run an informative thread.
Good luck everyone :tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dank.Frank has been working on getting his grow game back on point. Got a new camera a while back so pics will be better.

I'll take photos from unboxing until finish of flower. The clones for the next flower run are already under the dome and waiting to root - so there will be zero down time.

I will need to veg the clone in the soil bed - so it's a perfect opportunity to see how well the SP3000 works in veg and in flower.

I was already in the process of expanding my flowering area so I'd have double the space. With the addition of this light, if I win, I'll be adding two new flowering areas, not just one - and I'll be more than tripling my veg space and adding a true drying / lung room as well.

The timing for this give away is absolutely perfect for my schedule. Mono-crop of The Boz - a pheno of Chem Sister x Topanga Pure Kush - a plant that has produced over 4oz per plant in my room previously - which means it is capable of 2# per cycle if dialed.

That is the goal I am chasing - to find the right lighting/genetic combination, that will help me achieve 2# per cycle in 12.5 sq ft of space. It's been a fun personal challenge thus far and I've come the closest with 2 x 315w of CMH.

I'm truly not convinced that a LED, from any company - is capable of matching CMH performance. That is the main reason I sign up for these test threads.

There is no conspiracy, @clearheaded.

I saw the thread. I contacted my buddies and asked for some support - because otherwise, the cost barrier for entry, to try these crazy new lighting technologies, is far beyond my budget.

I really appreciate the show of support and the trust that people place in me to put out useful, unbiased information that helps others answer their own internal skeptic in terms of LED. I'm still sitting on a light meter that I borrowed from a friend. I'll be sure to post data of all my various lighting options at some point when I have a clear squared space to get accurate data.

Anyway - I'm just another person on the site trying to score a light - just like all the rest of you. Good luck to everyone else. I know several of you, if the effort is put forth, could easily surpass me. I'm just crossing my fingers the next couple of days pass quickly!!!

dank.Frank

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Definitely looking forward to it, Dank.Frank. You're one of the most consistent and intelligent growers on here, and I greatly appreciate your contributions.
:tiphat:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
dank.Frank has been working on getting his grow game back on point. Got a new camera a while back so pics will be better.

I'll take photos from unboxing until finish of flower. The clones for the next flower run are already under the dome and waiting to root - so there will be zero down time.

I will need to veg the clone in the soil bed - so it's a perfect opportunity to see how well the SP3000 works in veg and in flower.

I was already in the process of expanding my flowering area so I'd have double the space. With the addition of this light, if I win, I'll be adding two new flowering areas, not just one - and I'll be more than tripling my veg space and adding a true drying / lung room as well.

The timing for this give away is absolutely perfect for my schedule. Mono-crop of The Boz - a pheno of Chem Sister x Topanga Pure Kush - a plant that has produced over 4oz per plant in my room previously - which means it is capable of 2# per cycle if dialed.

That is the goal I am chasing - to find the right lighting/genetic combination, that will help me achieve 2# per cycle in 12.5 sq ft of space. It's been a fun personal challenge thus far and I've come the closest with 2 x 315w of CMH.

I'm truly not convinced that a LED, from any company - is capable of matching CMH performance. That is the main reason I sign up for these test threads.

There is no conspiracy, @clearheaded.

I saw the thread. I contacted my buddies and asked for some support - because otherwise, the cost barrier for entry, to try these crazy new lighting technologies, is far beyond my budget.

I really appreciate the show of support and the trust that people place in me to put out useful, unbiased information that helps others answer their own internal skeptic in terms of LED. I'm still sitting on a light meter that I borrowed from a friend. I'll be sure to post data of all my various lighting options at some point when I have a clear squared space to get accurate data.

Anyway - I'm just another person on the site trying to score a light - just like all the rest of you. Good luck to everyone else. I know several of you, if the effort is put forth, could easily surpass me. I'm just crossing my fingers the next couple of days pass quickly!!!

dank.Frank

:woohoo::woohoo: Thanks for the clarification. Frank.
Really expectant for the comparasion with CHM 315 if you win the light. :tiphat:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
- Chips: Mars SP 250 uses around 720pcs high end Epistar chips. While Mars SP 3000 uses 960pcs samsung lm301b and osram 660nm chips. It is already a big upgration if just upgrade the chip to sumsung and osram, not to mention we add over 200pcs chips on the boards. You can put the two lights together and show the difference. The chips on the SP 3000 are even closer than SP 250. Which makes the penetration better.

Attachments

• Catch(05-29-15-10-58).jpg
    Catch(05-29-15-10-58).jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 26

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
- Why we make so many chips on the boards? We can make each chip higher wattage so that the total wattage the same, and less chips, and cost will be less like most of the other companies. But we do put so many, because before we decide the final number, we tested the chips, and found out when the chips are around 0.3w/pc, they are at their highest light efficiency rate. Which means, even though our light is 300w, it can replace much higher HPS than normal lights, saving more energy than other lights. The current light PPFD is tested around 2.7umol/j. replace at least 600w HPS. Also at this wattage rate, the chip can barely have problem, it will lengthen the lifespan of the light.

- The new chip will releasing less heat as well, so even now it is 50w more than SP 250, the heat actually not increase.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
- Driver difference: As we increased the light wattage to 300w, so we use a bigger driver than previous one.

Attachments

• CatchEC60(05-29-15-10-58).jpg
    CatchEC60(05-29-15-10-58).jpg
    169 KB · Views: 22

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
- the Spectrum: SP 250 spectrum is great enough, but we still have clients mentioned lacked red and flowering not that good. so this time, we add more red in, We do studied several high end line's spectrum and make our final one as below, you can show growers the spectrum difference. The light also contains uv and ir inside already.

First is Sp250 and the second is SP3000.

Attachments

• Catch525E(05-29-15-10-58).jpg
    Catch525E(05-29-15-10-58).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Catch2AE9(05-29-15-10-58).jpg
    Catch2AE9(05-29-15-10-58).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Latest posts