What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auntie's Garage Garden

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Yeah, I wouldn’t add more moisture personally. Even at a young age around 50% RH is fine in my thinking. Powdery mildew can catch on a plant when the atmosphere is too damp with not enough air flow. Stagnant wet warm air harbours a lot of life. I’m probably telling you things you already know..

I’m assuming you have enough air movement in there? Not just the exhaust fan but a clip on rotating the air around?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Yeah, I wouldn’t add more moisture personally. Even at a young age around 50% RH is fine in my thinking. Powdery mildew can catch on a plant when the atmosphere is too damp with not enough air flow. Stagnant wet warm air harbours a lot of life. I’m probably telling you things you already know..

I’m assuming you have enough air movement in there? Not just the exhaust fan but a clip on rotating the air around?

^great post my man
in addition to the spray see what can be done to increase your air circulation
/we want to see those leafs dancing!
its probably nothing you did on your end auntie,pm and disease are always a risk you run when you get cuts from outside

Pennello5

Hi Auntiekush , welcome aboard !!

i love cloning, sadyl where I live we dont get to chance to buy them this way and yes, you are right about the tips of the leaf, they get cut off for that root reason.

anyway I like your setup, looks like Marshydro is spreading around like the Covid-19 I wonder if is because they come from the same place lol

I am interested on buying a 2x4 tent with the sp250 from them, but still waiting...wife, you know.....

Anyway, I'll follow you man!

AuntieKush

I've got a couple of fans, but I've just ordered a couple more oscillating ones. Also - when I watered before, I got the leaves wet. I've been trying to avoid that ever since the PM.

^great post my man
in addition to the spray see what can be done to increase your air circulation
/we want to see those leafs dancing!
its probably nothing you did on your end auntie,pm and disease are always a risk you run when you get cuts from outside

Definitely going to get a couple more fans going.

Hi Auntiekush , welcome aboard !!

i love cloning, sadyl where I live we dont get to chance to buy them this way and yes, you are right about the tips of the leaf, they get cut off for that root reason.

anyway I like your setup, looks like Marshydro is spreading around like the Covid-19 I wonder if is because they come from the same place lol

I am interested on buying a 2x4 tent with the sp250 from them, but still waiting...wife, you know.....

Anyway, I'll follow you man!

Lol! I was torn between mars hydro or alibaba suppliers. The mars hydro lights are a bit less efficient, and a bit more expensive, but I was hoping that if something went wrong that they'd be easier to deal with.

AuntieKush

After Topping

After Topping

Hi All,

Auntie here with another update.

Plants are looking happy after topping. Interesting to see how the leaves turn out after being cut, and to watch all of the new growth!

I got a spray bottle from home depot for my anti-mold spray. Definitely beats having to use a spray bottle and only $10. Highly recommended.

Before spray:

After spray

I also set up a new drain hose. I think I got too big of a hose, I might have to look for some sort of fittings and adapters. It sure does make watering easier. I had to get a bit of a siphon going to get it started, but I just put the end submerged in a container outside of my grow, draining into the earth once the container overflows. I might have to get a little pump because I don't want to keep having to re-start the siphon. Will post more details next time I water. Letting them get a bit dry now.

Things have been looking pretty good in the tent lately. The jerky lines are from the exhaust fan coming on and the air changing over. Pretty happy with my averages! 76F, 60% RH and 1.3 VPD.

A question for you guys - some of my leaves look like this:

Is this something serious? What's going on here?

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I have seen leaves do that but never really known why. I've seen it mostly outdoor..

When a leaf closes up it's usually trying to protect itself from too much intense light. In this case though I'm not sure. The bottom side of the leaf is where the leaf breathes so you might have a stagnant spot in that area.

How many plants have leaves doing this? Is it happening in a speciific area? Any pttern to it?

Personally I wouldn't worry about it too much. Keep an eye on it and see if the leaf reverts back to normal position or starts losing colour. Also check you don't have any bugs! You might need a scope to check the leaves and stems properly.

AuntieKush

I have seen leaves do that but never really known why. I've seen it mostly outdoor..

When a leaf closes up it's usually trying to protect itself from too much intense light. In this case though I'm not sure. The bottom side of the leaf is where the leaf breathes so you might have a stagnant spot in that area.

How many plants have leaves doing this? Is it happening in a speciific area? Any pttern to it?

Personally I wouldn't worry about it too much. Keep an eye on it and see if the leaf reverts back to normal position or starts losing colour. Also check you don't have any bugs! You might need a scope to check the leaves and stems properly.

Honestly there's no pattern, and it just seems to be the new leaves. Since then it's stopped happening as much, and I haven't really changed anything.

Good call, I need to get a loupe!

techattack

Just got here now. Since its ur first grow and u got everything under control i Just have an advice, take the time for a good vegetative and that will means a good crop. There is one of our newbie cliché, flowering early plants.. Im picking up a chair to watch the thread, subscribed.

AuntieKush

Just got here now. Since its ur first grow and u got everything under control i Just have an advice, take the time for a good vegetative and that will means a good crop. There is one of our newbie cliché, flowering early plants.. Im picking up a chair to watch the thread, subscribed.

Thanks for the tip. I'm planning on potting up soon, and then flipping to veg in a little while. The plants are getting a bit bigger, but I still have a ton of room in the tent.

AuntieKush

Quick Update

Quick Update

Hey Ya'll,

Auntie here with a quick update.

So when I was under the weather, I didn't tend to my babies quite as well as I should have, and they got a bit too dry, or perhaps I didn't do a good job watering one of them. Spot the problem child:

Here's a closer look:

Poor baby:

I'm gonna give her a bit of extra water and hope she perks up!

The rest of my girls are looking great though:

More updates coming soon!

If that happened when you were being attentive to them equally, and just to that one and not the others, I would ditch the soil just in case.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
this might be a good time to trim up some of the lower branches too auntie
how much longer are you going to veg them for?

AuntieKush

this might be a good time to trim up some of the lower branches too auntie
how much longer are you going to veg them for?

I've started doing a little tiny bit of trimming on the bottom. I'm guessing one more week of vegging. Otherwise it will be waaaay too busy in the tent.

techattack

They are getting great, just fill a bit more of the empty spaces between the pots (1 or 2 week may be good) and put them to flower, they are getting really great. U can trim them now and remove some leafs, but in the first 2/3 weeks of flowering they will stretch again, i prefer to remove after putting them to flower (at week two or so). Keep it up

Ps: u dont need to take my advice, sometimes i forget u should keep my mouth shut since it isnt my grow eheh

Last edited:

AuntieKush

Hi Ya'll,

Auntie here w/ an equipment update! I've been pretty excited to share this. I got a bit of new equipment, and totally re-did my tent setup. Things are SO MUCH BETTER. Check it out:

1. I got a carbon filter, and the correct sized exhaust hose (6").

The hose now perfectly snaps into this exhaust vent that was already on my garage, sitting flush with the grate, with no additional hardware, tape, etc. It has great flow going directly outside.

2. I moved all of my controls outside of the tent. It definitely feels like the right way to have things set up, it's much easier than having to dig around in the tent to set things up, it removes some light pollution from the tent, and it looks cool. Love it.

3. I redid my fan setup, and moved where my pulse grow monitor and my controller sensors are. I've got 4 fans in there now. Two oscillating and two non-oscillating.

4. I also moved around some of the electrical cords, so things are much neater. Still not amazing, but way better than they were.

Seems like it's paying off a bit. My VPD has been much more stable after all this work, except for when the humidifier ran out of water. Oops!

AuntieKush

They are getting great, just fill a bit more of the empty spaces between the pots (1 or 2 week may be good) and put them to flower, they are getting really great. U can trim them now and remove some leafs, but in the first 2/3 weeks of flowering they will stretch again, i prefer to remove after putting them to flower (at week two or so). Keep it up

Ps: u dont need to take my advice, sometimes i forget u should keep my mouth shut since it isnt my grow eheh

I definitely appreciate the pointers!

Dandelo

very cool thread! I just learned about the pulse & am going to get a few!! cool to see you use it and the data it provides to really get in sync with your grow environment not to mention a whole other way to think about it, VPD.

Keep up the good work and remember, every issue or setback is an opportunity for improvement and to learn from the situation, these things are what will make you a better grower in due time :)

Latest posts

Latest posts