What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2014 IC 420 Cup results coming in

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
thanks for all the entries. :thank you:

can we get a dry toke catagory for next time?

Skip

Veteran
next time you should take pics of the hash and weed as we are packing it.
Yes, that is the best time to photograph the entries, before they get broken up. I did that for the first 420 Cup.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the thing is we were only half the people doing the packing that were planned to be there. i had hopped to be free enough to have time to take pics individually of the entries as we unpacked them. but under the circumstances we just didnt have the time to spend taking the pics. as we were doing it we realized that a cup photographer position would be quite good, he could still help out here and there too, but would be mainly responsible to take some decent pics for all to enjoy.

edited to add: also remember that many entries came prepacked in the sample baggies, so that doesn't make a great pic. you'd need to open a few bags and make a pile take pics and put them back in the sample bags. and we just didnt have the time for that. we do have the word from a few members that they will be posting up all the sample pics.

i did take a very few pics, but like i said mostly my camera was not in use. will check to see if any of them are worth posting up.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
there are some posted in other threads, i didnt get the chance to tale many pics this year. will upload them and look what i have in the next days.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
im guessing it's a pheno thing. in the end i let the entrant decide what they thought their entry was the closest to, either mostly indica dominant or sat dominant. and he obviously felt his nycd was a sat effect and the judges seemed to agree, remember it was blind, they didn't know what they were judging, just that it was either from the sat pack or the indi pack. but yeah, shit turns out surprising some times eh? maybe next year it's time to make a hybrid category?

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
sounds like next time the 420 needs some more volunteer elves to help out so Guius can enjoy his time in Amsterdam alittle more.
:comfort:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah maybe next time we should make the volunteer group who arrive early bigger. it's also a matter of finding people who are willing to come early and are not planning to enter the cup. but in the end nearly everything got postponed from day one. we got the entries late and the helpers had emergencies to deal with. but all that doesnt excuse the mistake with the numbers 9, 11 and 36 which the system didnt accept at first. i was so sure from last year about entering the strains, that it didnt occur to me that some of them might not have been added, even though they were typed in. stupid not to check though.

74G

Let me know if you need help for next year... .. .i'll help for sure... .. .

All the best to the next 420 and to all that participated to that one this year... was awesome... lot nice people i met... .. .

74G

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Sorry for the wait, Gaius but she is finaly home.

picture.php