What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2012 420 Cannabis cup - Results

mack 10

Veteran
^^Big ups Ifrane!! Your hash was fantastic, great flavour, really bubbly, nice high etc.Well done, was very close in the vote. Mack.

SillyCone

Of course Gaius, I'll talk about it in the appropriate forums if I feel the need to go deeper. It wasn't a personal attack or anything, it just seemed we were between friends after spending a week together, and I couldn't resist a political comment related to the dutch anti-cannabis freaks :)

I keep forgetting political discussions never end well on forums, sorry about that.

Peace,
SC.

PS: Thanks for the invite to the social group... Hehehe precisely what I needed to vent from time to time ;)
I found it was more useful to rant amongst awakened people anyways, else you always end up feeling like a nutcase amongst "normal" people. :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
btw, regarding the Prix d'ami... after talking to Moppel, i have been told that the prix d'ami is indeed a seed company too, just like barneys. so that kind of settles any questions about their being included.

how long till some one make the S-5 Haze fem seeds i wonder?

K

Karma Genetics

bro S-5 haze, is a coffeshop rename for the Hy pro amnesia cut, its all over holland called SSH, S-5, super lemon haze etc etc, all the Hyprop Amnesia Cut. give props to them farm boys.

When you want them seeds Go to Hy-pro and get them from the source.

mr.haze420

Veteran
bro S-5 haze, is a coffeshop rename for the Hy pro amnesia cut, its all over holland called SSH, S-5, super lemon haze etc etc, all the Hyprop Amnesia Cut. give props to them farm boys.

When you want them seeds Go to Hy-pro and get them from the source.

and thats the f***king truth !!!!!!!

mack 10

Veteran
that crew had another strain, forget what is was called,but it was a killer. stoner memory eh? mack

rasras

I have never seen anything else from that company. And im honestly small time amnesia haze hater, sorry guys..

When my friend did grow those seeds it looks nice but smoke tastes so commercial... Inna blind test i cave it five on taste.

It could be that, there is not much CBD in amnesia...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quote from karma
bro S-5 haze, is a coffeshop rename for the Hy pro amnesia cut, its all over holland called SSH, S-5, super lemon haze etc etc, all the Hyprop Amnesia Cut.

ive been saying this for years, finaly maybe people will listen to this quote

but the 2 hazes i got this trip from a friend(that he got from a friend) a5? and c5? were def not amnesia and were the best haze ive seen in amsterdam in over 10 years since the
amnesia took over

was the highlight of my trip thanks bro

peace

H

Hoover_lungz

Well done Ifrane and Mack10

here is what Mack10 did when he won 2nd prize Lmfao

:woohoo::jump::yay::laughing:: Mack10 really did do all 4 smiley actions lol, welldone mate well deserved.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i have no plans to get those seeds, it was more a joke about how long it takes to get a fem version on the market.

thanks for the info about what the S-5 actually is. feel bad now again that we took it.

now i do understand why they make so many categories at these types of events. never imagined the problems it could cause. for me it was just another sativa entry when it got accepted.

i guess having a competition will always cause some emotions and feedback on things to do different, better etc. maybe next time we just do a harvest party, with no competition or judge packs. let those that send in distribute them selves?

those that feel it was wrong to accept S-5 i can only apologize and hope you believe me when i say i never even thought about it being a coffee shop entry. for me the event was about the fun of finding the best strains, grown as well as possible, who grew it was not my biggest interest. was more trying to make the packs as full as possible. live and learn as they say...

H

Hoover_lungz

i have no plans to get those seeds, it was more a joke about how long it takes to get a fem version on the market.

thanks for the info about what the S-5 actually is. feel bad now again that we took it.

now i do understand why they make so many categories at these types of events. never imagined the problems it could cause. for me it was just another sativa entry when it got accepted.

i guess having a competition will always cause some emotions and feedback on things to do different, better etc. maybe next time we just do a harvest party, with no competition or judge packs. let those that send in distribute them selves?

those that feel it was wrong to accept S-5 i can only apologize and hope you believe me when i say i never even thought about it being a coffee shop entry. for me the event was about the fun of finding the best strains, grown as well as possible, who grew it was not my biggest interest. was more trying to make the packs as full as possible. live and learn as they say...

G we had a great time:)

I think if we just had 420 harvest party it would be great, G dont stress yourself out, it was a genuine mistake :tiphat:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No one need apologise, we are all in this together and it is a learning curve.
Im already hearing wonderful ideas for next time and i can only see it getting better over time with more experience, harvest party sounds killer and a private rented venue would make it perfect (as well as cheaper in the long run).
Lets keep the ideas coming and make plans now rather than leave it till the last minute and rush things.....i am happy to arrive in the Dam a week or more ahead of 420 to arrange things, sure there are others willing and able too so should get better each year.
Peace & love to all those that attended and participated.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is there a chance the individual sample's scores will be posted?? Thanks guys! :)

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gaius put up some pics of score sheets in a gallery(a few are hard to make out), im sure in a while they will be tidied up a little and maybe even put on a spreadsheet for easy viewing......im sure everyone would like to see the detailed scores for more info and to get an idea of peoples individual opinions on the entires.
It would be great for some close ups on the notes some people made too such as Franco who looked like he made quite a few.
The other thing we need to do is name and shame any one who did not take the task seriously and failed to complete the scores....no more judging for them.
Peace

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
here ya go festivius, i'm afraid i dont have the time to post them up in 5 pic batches right now, but i will do so. meanwhile you can see them all here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=36890

you will find 1 is not readable, ChaosCatalunya has the originals and will post up anything that is not readable on my copies. it will also help if he puts the right name to the back side of the score sheets that have no name in some of the pics.

i am planning to get my bro to show me how to use excel to make a spread sheet, so i know how to do it next time. but if anyone feels like doing it pls go right ahead.

the fact that everyone did it in their own order makes the score sheets very chaotic. i actually asked for there to be a page for every category and the numbers pre printed on the score sheets so that every ones sheets are in the same order. next year i will print that stuff out at home myself if we even do a cup next time.

K

Karma Genetics

Quote from karma
bro S-5 haze, is a coffeshop rename for the Hy pro amnesia cut, its all over holland called SSH, S-5, super lemon haze etc etc, all the Hyprop Amnesia Cut.

ive been saying this for years, finaly maybe people will listen to this quote

but the 2 hazes i got this trip from a friend(that he got from a friend) a5? and c5? were def not amnesia and were the best haze ive seen in amsterdam in over 10 years since the
amnesia took over

was the highlight of my trip thanks bro

peace

That A5 is the same cut as in the seeds i gave you bro, that all comes from around breda and the south of holland, A5, C5, HpH, DurbanHaze etc.

Its the real stuff, Only one spot for that these days.

K

Karma Genetics

Bro they deserve to enter like evry seedcompany, you did it great,

They also enter HTCC as shop and seedcompany. And there is no differnce between them entering S-5, ore greenhouse Super lemon haze, etc.

You did good, and they do what they learn from other big amsterdam seedcompany's, take somthing proven from others. :thank you::thank you:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quote from karma
That A5 is the same cut as in the seeds i gave you bro, that all comes from around breda and the south of holland, A5, C5, HpH, DurbanHaze etc.

Its the real stuff, Only one spot for that these days.

thanks for the seeds bro(thats a pile to get through)
yeah i been doing alot of research over the last 6 months and speaking with people who grow the a5 and c5 and im definately on the hunt for it big time and i got some very nice stuff to exchange

peace

mr.haze420

Veteran
A5 and C5 are old cuts from the seed bank from nevil. amazing they are still around after 23 yrs.