What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2012 420 Cannabis cup - Results

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I just noticed the mostly indica dominant Rainbow Jones (Grandaddy Purple x Casey Jones) was entered as a sativa, i think we need another category next time to avoid any confusion with hybrids.......would have helped if the entrants wrote which category they were in too (which im guilty of forgetting to do).
Overall it looks like i had all the winners having good scores, cant wait to see the full lists.
Peace

All the socres and workings out will be posted once we have all recovered from travels.. but asap... I have started a new thread with the entries/sample IDs, all scoresheets and calculations will be posted.

Basically, we totalled up scores that judges had not, and, afaik, entries were dealt with in the right group ...e.g. csg's rainbow jones was counted with Indicas.

All total scores were added together. Judges who entered had their scores scrubbed for their own entries and some of the entries had different numbers of scores anyway, between 22 and 30, so all totals were divided by the number of judges submitting scores, then multiplied by 30 to give a fair corrected total for all.

e.g. entry 077 gets 786 votes from 26 Judges, this gives an average of 30.23 [768 divided by 26]... x 30 = 906.9 ...

The offer of an entry from Prix D Ami was taken on the spur of the moment, without great thought. We all agreed to do it, without thinking of the fact that they are a coffeeshop, when we were looking at a very short list of Sativas. We do appreciate that some may think it was somehow unfair, but, at the end of the day it was some exceptionally good weed from a shop who are clearly trying to put themselves on the "serious coffeeshop" map.. and who were also very kind to the 420.

Tatz

Ont the weedpass, Arjan from Greenhouse Seed Co has taken the case/Dutch government to court ! He was there this week, there will be an outcome in the week to come........ X fingers !!!

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So are you saying that the Rainbow Jones was put into the Sativa pack with the sativa samples but its result put into the Indica catagory?

Hazeo

Veteran
Was awesome time in Amsterdam this year. I'm back home now and I will start uploading pics I have tomorrow morning.
Seeing forward for this pictures mate - i saw you takin photos of nice buds all the time, there will be definitely a lot of grade A shots for sure!
Where you gonna post them?

Ont the weedpass, Arjan from Greenhouse Seed Co has taken the case/Dutch government to court ! He was there this week, there will be an outcome in the week to come........ X fingers !!!
Yes i heard about that; a coffieshop owner talked with me about this issue during the cup; he was quite concerned...
I hope this story will have a good end :) Fingers crossed as well...
Keep us informed if you have new infos!

high regards
Hazeo

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Yeah real excited to find out all the details, there were a couple in there i wanna know the name of and get....one of the Indica's had a crazy taste and scored real good from us so im curious what it was.
Great idea with the pictures of the sheets, i did the same with mine although forgot to photo the hash scores on the reverse of the sheet so will be interested to know which ones we rated highest, i think the Mental Floss looks like one of our favourites from the pictures i have seen.
Well done everyone, see you all next year (weedpass or not).
Peace

hey truecannabliss

so you gonna go to Amsterdam even if you can't get inside a coffee shop? will be a damn pain in the ass organizing a cup when the coffee shops are out as meet up spots and hang outs. i wonder if the restaurants and bars that allow people to toke but dont sell cannabis will still allow tourists in to smoke?

So are you saying that the Rainbow Jones was put into the Sativa pack with the sativa samples but its result put into the Indica category?

not sure how they did that, the calculations was the one aspect i kept out of. the idea was to put in the general average score, when a judge was scoring his own stuff. so what ever the majority voted on that entry it got that number of points put in. same with the judges that; oh for shame! ...didn't finish the scoring. it was made really clear about not taking on the judging if you are not sure you can do it to the end. so i have to say i'm disappointed that we had to use average score on not just entering judges but for incomplete score sheets. when they are posted up you will see all of that stuff.

still totally horse here...... :kos:

mack 10

Veteran
So are you saying that the Rainbow Jones was put into the Sativa pack with the sativa samples but its result put into the Indica catagory?
I don't think he means that. just that each sample was put into whatever catagory you choose, ie Indica or Sativa, remember you had to pm the code with your entry, chaos just said as far as he knew everything was in the right place. so all the samples should match up with the codes. mack.

STRANDvasker

High all and thx to everybody for this nice event and thx to organizers and ppl who liked my product....Btw heard the gov failed and the laws wont be changed as the old gov intended but not sure ....or else the 420 castle in spain???

STRAND

K

Karma Genetics

was good seeing you all again, and have a big smoke fest.

There is still a big change thing aint gone be changed january. ha ha the fight is only just started.

Goverment failed and new votes need to happen hi hi

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hm, sounds good STRAND, always good news when a government gets replaced, it means democracy is alive and well in NL. but also that these fanatic anti cannabis fuckers have been kicked out gives you hope for humanity, lol.

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
hey gaius,
i am hearing you with the incomplete scoresheets. we took our job serious but still, my score sheet was not filled out completely. i guess there were some samples missing in the pack or something.

i felt bad seeing some guys counting the sheets and things for quite some time. why didn't u ask for some help? i saw notebooks here and there as well.

great time anyways and thanks again for everyone making it possible :thank you:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
if you tested all the buds in your pack, then you did the job perfectly.

those score sheets were actually made to be sure there was enough numbers what ever happens. so in the end not all the numbers were used up, even if you had a pack with all 3 categories to judge, the score sheet still only had 39 valid numbers.

to be honest i don't understand why it wasn't done by computer in the end. the counting was not in my hands, but next year there should be a sheet for each category, as well as a pack for each category. have been debating buying a macbook pro anyway for a while, so this is a good excuse, to be sure not to get caught flat footed next year lol. with a lap top and excel the counting would have been a piss in the dark (or a walk in the park). easier anyway lol.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah Macbook Pros rock, had mine in the Dam and it got a bloody virus (must have happened walking around the red light district lol).
Peace

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Big congrats Mack 10, Dr.Penthotal, Ifrane, Hotilab, StandVaker and Soma

Big Respect Mr Haze, Karma,Mosca, Borwser,ChaosC,Paddi,Gaius,Jah Hover,Moppel,Wally,Rasras,titoon,Dr.D,Dr.P, Ture,odj, Mello,Vandiesel german Crew & all with i have forget

Big Up & respect all organisers 4 passoin

whats great & Baked time :biggrin:

Last edited:

Hazeo

Veteran
btw:

Isn´t it "Mack Blues" from "Mack 10"

I think in the winner list it is written the wrong way...

regards
Hazeo

SillyCone

Just one little note to Gaius : no replacement of any government on the planet can change the fact there is NO DEMOCRACY in the voting system. That's right : no country with elections is a democracy BY DEFINITION.
Elections are an aristocratic process : elect is to select the best => aristos => aristocracy.

The only way to have a democracy is by random picking the officials, only one mandate, rewriting the constitutions and get rid once and for all of the psychopathic institutions like corporations, banking system and false money that are the Euro and the Dollar.

But I could talk for hours about the big big joke that is this hypocritical world and our endoctrination...
I'll rather go check for my pictures of this white hash from Nols ;)

I'll just leave you with an amazing vid which will reveal the truth to you. Be carefull, it hurts the ego. Coz it's so true, and the ego hates truth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
well said but i think gaius knows that, and even though democracy is and always was basically an illusion it still kind of has power in countries where enough people are willing to have one voice and stand together,,

however most of the planet is fairly divided and conquered, and the fake, mostly two party(two pole), democratic system has been used to accomplish that,, mostly the british model of governence that was spread like a cancer throughout the world and largely officiated from the inns of court in london,,

like a spiders wed feeding back to the top of the pyramid,,

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah i know about the two party globalist dictatorships that are in charge in most of the world. but still it seems the Dutch got rid of the anti cannabis dictators though, so that's something.

as this site doesnt really like people to get into politics i kept my thought on the level that regards this site. for all the rest you should join the social group, path of enlightenment where you can give your deeper analysis on such subjects.

ifrane

hi to everybody and thank you for having voted my hash......
and I wanted to congratulate all the winners and all the friends that have sustained me in this competition.......
great dr. penthotal......
if was not that have an old law and prohibitionist, surely would succeed in doing better!!
thanks to everybody!!