What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$20k What to do with it?

growlife

i have rented a bobcat for $175 for 24 hours i bet i could find a nice size backhoe for maybe $600 for 24 hours and of course you have to refill it with fuel when your done or they will refill it when you bring it back but they jack the price up a couple bucks

Purkle

No one suggested he saves about 10k for a lawyer!! Thats what its gonna cost ya to be able to sleep at night if you want to be able to get your ass outta trouble when/if shit hits the fan. I like the sound of burring the container but I might do a run or two first before that step so I could build some capital and not spend the wad on the first run. You def need lawyer money. And you prolly wont stay under 1000 bucks for that big of a system unless you pay very little or nothing for power. Stay safe and shhhhhh!!

tobaaaac said:
What I want to know is, "What do you tell the guy running the backhoe?"
you dont tell him any thing cus your digging the hole your self or atleast i would.if you had that much money for a grow you could rent a backhoe for a few days and learn how to use it.i think i would be at ease knowing one less person knows any thing about that spot. :joint:

Last edited:

deepcover

with 20k and a ten pound harvest goal id run a 6 light stadium (to be safe and reach that #, with certain strains 12 lbs would be easy) and then use the extra 8 -10 grand to go on a cruise

deepcover

shipping containers? are you guys kidding? the guy has 20k to work with. i know you can find used shipping containers 8x20 for around 3k-5k depending on condition probably less if banged up. but you have no idea what would go into that, you cant just drop it in your backyard and start growing. think about backhoe rental, running expensive electrical to a subpanel, sprayfoaming insulation (tell me how you are gonna use pink fiberglass) etc. etc. etc. REDICULOUS IDEA AND BAD ADVICE

deepcover

It would be easier to provide customized info based on your situation.

Pick up a 20x40 foot shipping container. for as little as $2000.00 .

show me where i can get a 20x40 foot "shipping container" ( Im not even sure if those exist) for 2k and ill suck your d and then buy 30 of them

deepcover

fwiw with 20k i could outfit a 6-8 light professional horticultural grow room to the tits or i could run 20kw vietnamese styleeee

i havent seen much good advice in here except from jjscorpio who is the realist . its good to dream but you guys are being crazy

5th

Veteran
Well deepcover, prepare to get your knees dirty. The posting of links here is pretty touchy...so think Autotrader...then stick some letters infront n' behind.

But the best part...my advice....drop 10k on some lil shit house...I'm thinking mortgage...you might think rent. The other 10k on grow gear cuz you ain't living regularly out of the house.

Fuck a lawyer.

deepcover

Well deepcover, prepare to get your knees dirty. The posting of links here is pretty touchy...so think Autotrader...then stick some letters infront n' behind.

But the best part...my advice....drop 10k on some lil shit house...I'm thinking mortgage...you might think rent. The other 10k on grow gear cuz you ain't living regularly out of the house.

Fuck a lawyer.

well post a link there is no problem with it

i tried both .ca and .com autotrader and nothing on shipping containers. i searched craigslist and i saw what i usually see the standard sea containers 8x20 or 8x40 for 3-5k and up.

i really want to see a 2g shipping container of that size (20x40 or wahtever) cause if it exists there are gonna be alot of people pissed about how much they spent on 8x20's out here

Doradoguy

15k will get you there.

15k will get you there.

There are way too many variables, you have not stated. But I will say with confidence. I have more then one buddy who started with 10k and did what you desire with out a hitch. However one the rubber hits the road when factoring in electricity and rent it will cost you 15k. That's if you buy some teens and don't have to veg very long. The last guy I helped I will list below. I do think soil is a great idea. Gives you a buffer and the chance to fuck off the whole grow is pretty slim. Run two completely different strains. Separate halfs of the room. You won't maximize but you won't blow the whole room. I have found the OG to be a little more forgiving in the winter and a more bushy plant to beable to handle heat. (ie skunk) If you are dialed in on the enviroment you can run one strain. Don't run 12 different strains and keep it simple. Here is what I start all new growers or first run in a new room.

last one was a garage. framed up two walls and insulated everything. Ran two window a/c 24 btu. and scrubbed the air and pulled it back into the attic. Created like a laundry room.

8 magnetic ballast (can buy twice as many as digital)
8 block buster hoods
9 5 gallon pots per light
2 inline fans
1 scrubber
1 200 gallon ro
1 CO2 burner
1 roll of panda film
PVC pipe and netting for scrog
Garbage can for res
1 small thing of dyna-gro bloom
1 small thing of dyna-gro grow
1 small of roots excelerator
big bottle of CAL/Mag
superthrive
propane for burner

Plain RO water with Cal/Mag every other watering
2 cap fulls of grow and cal mag in 5 gallon bucket on other watering days

12 pounds first grow and got it all off one shot for top dollar
Ran straight OG.

Now that he has got the first one under his belt he has added shooting powder. Just keeping it simple.

Almost forgot. Have been running roots organic in all my grows. I have tryed over 9 mix and this seems to be the best. Last batch had a shit load of gnats and I have had some hot batches but overall it rocks. Not sure if this answers your question.

The long and short is it's about a 1000 bucks per 1k of light. Not including rent or electrical. That's taking a average of 25 rooms last year. Not mine. I'm a builder and consultant.

Good luck.

BTW I do like vertical and hydro but the first runs in new room I believe you need to recoupe your cost and keep it safe and easy.

5th

Veteran
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Unspecif...ario/5_8313133_20100602124322914/?ms=trailers

If someone was going to the trouble of burying one or more of these things. You'd obviously want the ones without the fancy paint job. I can get the 20x8 for $500 and the 40x8 for $1000. I also own a 24 ton float trailer to pick them up with though...because delivery is damn near another $500.

ha...my bad dude. Didn't know we were taking about a 20x40. They don't exist. The laws in North America atm with the D.O.T. and whatnot, only allow trailer widths of 8ft 6 inches. Any larger and you need permits, fancy lights and all kinds of other shit....even if you welded the pricks together...your still at 16x40...

Latest posts

Latest posts