What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stem shrinking

Hi guys,
i notice a shrinkage of the main stem on one of my plants, see pic.
Did you see this before ? They are 3 weeks old...

Attachments

• SOD day 21 stenosis.jpg
    SOD day 21 stenosis.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 24

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
I has seen that before in a couple of my plants. I don't think it was shrinking so much as just the part above was growing faster. In any case in a few weeks the stem was pretty much the same diameter throughout.

Jayded

Pull off the brown skin that's on the stem.That is what is stopping that part of the stem from getting fatter

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Fungi are one of the most common factors when it comes to stem shrinkage. Both root rot and stem rot can be associated with fungus, due mostly to overly wet soil from poor drainage or overwatering. Both the roots and stem become soft, turn brown/black, wilt and die. Let the top inch of soil dry well before watering if its not too late.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
So it is not fatal you think ?
In may case it wasn't fatal and didn't cause any issues. However it wouldn't hurt to follow the advice from others about over-watering and possibly that drying skin. From that one pic it doesn't look like it's affecting the plant.

In may case it wasn't fatal and didn't cause any issues. However it wouldn't hurt to follow the advice from others about over-watering and possibly that drying skin. From that one pic it doesn't look like it's affecting the plant.

Yeah but it can't be over-watering because it's in hydro, and the other plants (same bucket) are fine. I've got 6 plants in veg, and the plan is to keep only 4 in the flower room, so the 4 strongest, is this one, one of the biggest, deserves to be choosen?

Latest posts

Latest posts