What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Juicing your Germinations?

sogman

I have a seed thats taking a while to pop, I just nipped it after waiting 5 days, the seed was not opening.

The scarification went really good, like 95% happy with the results.

I'm wondering what the best sanitizing method is for rockwool cubes and seedlings.

I was wondering if cloning gel would be a good low-toxin method of sanitizing the Rockwool™ because its been stagnant for so long.
Active Ingredient is:Indole-3-Butyric Acid & Ethanol.
Interesting Link on: Indole-3-Butyric Acid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indole-3-butyric_acid#Plant_hormone

Another idea was using something like Seachem® Excel™ as an anti-fungal.
Active Ingredient is: Gluteraldehyde

It's my belief that the gluteraldehyde is gentler than ethanol and decomposes into a liquid carbon source for the plant like it does for aquatic plants.

I was thinking a dilute solution of the gluteraldehyde could be applied to the germination zone.

It sure would be interesting to find more of those precursor hormones for getting the seedling juiced from day one that I could use in conjunction with the Gluteraldehyde or Glutaral for short.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts