What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help for novice in hydroponics (dwc system)

Hello guys, I update you, the plant is fine, yesterday I changed the solution, 1/4 of the recommended dose, I added 5ml of Floragrow, 5ml of Floramicro and 4ml of Florabloom, reaching an EC of 700us/cm which with the addition pH - reaches 1400us/cm. The roots have stopped turning green and I'm waiting for the new air stone.
I noticed that the old leaves (1, 2 and 3 internodes) are losing color, is it a lack of nitrogen or normal aging?
The plant is on the ninth day of pre-flowering but has not yet begun to bloom.

Wish I had seen this when you posted, sorry brother. There is no way in hell it should take 700ppm or even 350ppm (assuming the difference is in EC) of ph- (phosphoric acid) to get to the correct pH.

Then I read the rest of the post... and you found the problem.. pH 3.2 :(.

As for your light issue, you’re kinda stuck. Next time, train the plant for an even canopy. Maybe throw up some more screw in LEDs over top of the lower buds for this run. Looks like you could use a few of those Y light socket adapters and at least double them up.

Good luck ! :tiphat:

I didn't touch this plant because it's an AF and I didn't want to damage it, and these are the results, my mistake...but from the next cycle I will do a feminized with top + lst.
I will also change lights; these are very scarce, I am a DIY lover, I would like to build a panel with the rigid led strips Samsung LM301 or LM561 (the ones they use in quantum boards).

Big problem

Big problem

Hey guys, I have a big problem.
I had to leave for two days, and the plant was fine. Today I came back and I felt a very strong chlorine smell, I open the boxes and the plant was fine apart from some leaves that were completely crumpled and dry. I removed and discarded them.
The problem is when I lifted the lid of the bucket, as in the photo, it was all foamy and the smell of chlorine even more intense. I measured the water values, EC 3000us and pH 8.3 (at the beginning they were 1200us and pH 6).
What the fuck could have happened?
picture.php

picture.php

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
My first though was "Who was _not_ gone while you were away for 2 days and what did they do?"

Haven't had that issue before so.... kinda lost.

If you search "DWC foaming" on google...there's people who've had similar issues. Some people were thinking it was from organic nutes, bacteria making a biofilm or too many different chemical nutes with a strange reaction.

I use GHE fertilizers, Tripack, so it is specially made to be used together, and they are also mineral fertilizers. When I got rid of the "contaminated" water, it was bluish.
I only know that the plant is not recovering, on the contrary, practically all the leaves are curling and it seems "spring".

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I repeat my question about who was around while you were gone.

Sounds like miracle or toilet bowl cleaner was dumped in there. From the chlorine, it was most likely toilet bowl cleaner, especially if you usually have it around the house.

Latest posts

Latest posts