What's new

Clonex mist spray compared to their clone solution ??

G

Is the quart size cloning solution the same thing as the small bottles of the misting solution just at a different rate of dilution ?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Let's find out! https://www.hydrodynamicsintl.com/wp-content/uploads/GT2121_Clonex_Myst_100_ml_-_US.pdf VS https://www.hydrodynamicsintl.com/wp-content/uploads/CCS_Qt_1.pdf FIGHT!
Ok so the mist looks like a very watered down generic fertilizer with just NPK, where as the Clone Solution has a ton of trace elements as well. I know the mist is just a foliar, and I've used it in the past to good effect, but now knowing what's in it I might try making my own. The solution is designed to be absorbed by the roots where as the mist is for the leaves. I might think the mist would be most helpful at the start of the cloning process when there are no roots, where as the solution would be most helpful at the end, when they are rooting and using it you are basically micro feeding them.

shaggyballs

Veteran
It is not on the ingredients list, but I suspect IBA is in the mist.
It makes sense if you look at how they tell you to apply it.
So no they are not the same at all.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It is not on the ingredients list, but I suspect IBA is in the mist.
It makes sense if you look at how they tell you to apply it.
So no they are not the same at all.
The only thing they call out in the msds is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzisothiazolinone which is a fungicide. The rest they classify as "extract of kelp, trace element, mineral salt, or amino acid". Those last three could be almost anything though.

G

I use the mist only and its kind of pricey and the rooting gel. I was just curious if there was a cheaper version of the misting spray. I dont clone vast numbers but I have had almost 100% success with this method. I keep seeing folks occasionally that claim they really struggle to take cuts and get them going. Seems easy to me.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I use the mist only and its kind of pricey and the rooting gel. I was just curious if there was a cheaper version of the misting spray. I dont clone vast numbers but I have had almost 100% success with this method. I keep seeing folks occasionally that claim they really struggle to take cuts and get them going. Seems easy to me.
I'd also like to know if there is a cheaper version of the clonex mist, as I have used it to good success. I had a hell of a time originally getting clones working. I think a lot of it comes down to environment, and dialing in your clone procedure for your environment. What necessarily works great for me, won't work great for you, or him, or her. For example, my house seems to be some sort of liquid sponge as the humidity drops down into the 20's in some rooms without a humidifer. Even with a humidifier in my grow room, I've found using a dome over my rapid rooter clones helps immensely. But tons of people don't need domes at all, and if I use my DWC cloner I've found I didn't need to use a dome over those as well, but I got faster results using rapid rooters, so that's what I stick with nowadays. Once you find a routine that works, stick with it and tweak it with suggestions from how others clone.

G

I'd also like to know if there is a cheaper version of the clonex mist, as I have used it to good success. I had a hell of a time originally getting clones working. I think a lot of it comes down to environment, and dialing in your clone procedure for your environment. What necessarily works great for me, won't work great for you, or him, or her. For example, my house seems to be some sort of liquid sponge as the humidity drops down into the 20's in some rooms without a humidifer. Even with a humidifier in my grow room, I've found using a dome over my rapid rooter clones helps immensely. But tons of people don't need domes at all, and if I use my DWC cloner I've found I didn't need to use a dome over those as well, but I got faster results using rapid rooters, so that's what I stick with nowadays. Once you find a routine that works, stick with it and tweak it with suggestions from how others clone.
Oh I use a dome too. First week 10 days keep temp upper 70's maybe 80 and the humidity at 80% or more. I use a squirt bottle to mist the inside of the dome to keep humidity up and use the misting spray on the clones once a day lightly. Plus I turn the light down some. I read somewhere that if you have too much light the cuts try to grow leaf matter instead of roots. Dont know for sure but I also use the light level to help moderate temps.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Oh I use a dome too. First week 10 days keep temp upper 70's maybe 80 and the humidity at 80% or more. I use a squirt bottle to mist the inside of the dome to keep humidity up and use the misting spray on the clones once a day lightly. Plus I turn the light down some. I read somewhere that if you have too much light the cuts try to grow leaf matter instead of roots. Dont know for sure but I also use the light level to help moderate temps.
Yeah that all sounds like perfect conditions for cloning. I run my clones on an 18/6 timer I think? I found that having a dark period helps my cuttings root faster compared to 24 hours of light.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm not sure spray is a good idea. They don't need food, they need leaving alone.

Current batch is a prop full. Put the lid on and walked away. At 1 week I lifted the lid to chuck out anything about to mold. Damn.. there was one as well. Also some had roots coming up out the coco. Others out the bottom. Maybe a third of them. I didn't really look much, I was just scanning for anything that was a problem. At 10 days the vents are open. By 12 some might want water, and I can pick the good half to keep. I'm basically on a 2 week schedule to find the best and chuck the rest. Though the selection process doesn't stop there. Next it's 15 cell tray for a week, and a third in the bin. I keep around 1 in 3

Edit: 27c and about 15w a foot of burple cob