What's new

Introduction: David Jasiewicz – Torrance, CA

davidjaz

I have spent the last couple years hiding out and researching, so I guess it is time to get more involved. I hope to return the favor and provide some resources for the grow community. My background is in mechanical engineering so I have a little different perspective and skill set than most of the growers.

I first got involved with the community years back when my brothers told me they were about to lose their CBD crop from early frost. Their bucking machine, was not working. Being an engineer, they asked me to figure it out. I build some parts to improve their machine, but much of the crop was still lost. I spent the next 2 years designing and building a machine from ground up that covered all the issues that they and others in the community were having.

As a developer, I am hoping to receiving input from the community on what problems they would like to see solved. I also have a lot of interest in aquaponics. I have 40 acres of land in Arizona that I am currently developing with my wife. We are getting a few buildings erected and hope to have some earth sheltered greenhouses built before the end of the year. My focus from a farming standpoint is primarily on growing organic food crops, but my passion is on designing high density grow systems. I like to automate the systems in the simplest way possible using readily available recycled materials when available. I am hoping to eventually be able to offer open source plans that could be implemented in poor rural areas without access to healthy food. I would love so share my experiences through this adventure.

I have started to bring together people, most of whom I have meet through Burning Man, in the hopes of creating a self-sustainable community that will be able to survive and thrive in an uncertain future. I have included a photo of the hydroponics setup that I recently put together in my shop. It is fed from worm casting that we have been collecting over the last year from our red wigglers. This is a test out system, so we will have a better idea of what will work when we build our permanent setup in Arizona. I will be looking to hook up with other like-minded individuals with similar goals.

Thanks for the community!

Jaz

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome aboard sound like a good planned project hope it all works out for you and a striking first post looks well indoors :tiphat:

h.h.

Veteran
Houses don’t sink in Arizona. Walls don’t fall over...

You’re not near Goodyear and you’re name isn’t really Bill Gates?

Trolling aside, sounds like a worthwhile project. I wish you luck.

davidjaz

Nope, not Bill Gates

Nope, not Bill Gates

I have had my property before Gates... invaded... the state. I am way over on the west side by Lake Havasu.

Jaz

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag!! :D

Mechanical engineering for the win! The cannabis community can always use more intelligent and educated people. There's a massive number of tools and equipment the community needs designed, and I'm sure you'll be busy for a lifetime and beyond. :)

You may want to start a thread asking for input in the equipment section. I definitely have a few suggestions. Looking forward to your adventures here on icmag. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts