What's new

having a hard time with hermies

Relytyler

currently at day 34, 35 at mid night. I lost power about a two weeks ago for a few hours then the light went from off to on for 15-20 minutes until i reset it back to 7:30-7:30 i also on bumped it not meaning to and pushed the timer up about 10 minutes to 7:20-7:20.
I'm not sure what exactly is causing this but day 27 my GG4 had a small hermie on each bud and i killed her, and like day 18 my gsp had stress seeds forming near the stems core for each branch which i also had happen to the gsc, power plant, NL5 and strawberry banana 50-50 stress seeds and hermies but only stress seeds on the gdp .

Relytyler

my buddy said to kill them all but this is my second indoor and i wanna try to keep as much as i can. I was also told i can get away if theres no hermies on the plant after day 40, it could be anything he said from over nutes to that, i recently put a blanket on both sides of the tent that could get any light.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Some genetics you can pick off the stress induced male pods and it will continue to flower normally. I'd definitely spray everything down to get rid of excess pollen. You'd much rather have large seeds you can pull out and eat, vs. all sizes of seeds and maturity at harvest time.

Eat the seeds, they're not something you want to breed with. ;)

T

Teddybrae

Not a Hydro Man, but the Hermi-ing must be in the Genetics. Get rid of those Genetics.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not a Hydro Man, but the Hermi-ing must be in the Genetics. Get rid of those Genetics.

Most of the time....it's genetics or fem seeds that are a factor. To a lesser extent, it can be caused by environmental stress. Light leaks. Not too sure of that one. In a bathroom sized area, at times, we had to put the lights on to work. Didn't affect it (HID bulbs back in the early 1990's)- no hermies.

Relytyler

i ended up pulling them, they started hermieing on lower branches on every one of them other than the northern lights 5 cut i got they were all cuts i bought online from strainbank.com never go there fyi lol 180$ for two an this :( i think im going to test NL5 again i believe i have a stable cut, but my friend was thinking it could be due to PH and going kinda hard on the nutes i was running super soil an urb, fish shit, and a few others without fully checking my ph i know rookie move but i bought a gun and was mainly using store bought water i need to make sure my guns calibrated correctly it

Relytyler

i also broke my tent well trying to move it after i killed them all lol, so now im either gonna get this cheap coolgrow tent 8x4 for 149$ i saw on top 5 grow tents or a heavy duty gorilla grow tent for like 300-400$