What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seedlings that stop growing (autoflowring)

Hi I'm The Fused One. Been years sense I was here posting under a different name.

I've been growing for 30+ years and never have had a problem germinating my seeds.

I have beans from Sweet Seeds and World of Seeds.

The are new to me. I have germinated them in perfect conditions. But for some odd reason they have all stopped growing. They wont grow past the first set of leaves.
I am running 24 hrs of light.
Is there something I dont know about germinating autos? This is so frustrating!

If someone knows what could be the problem please help. They came in from Attitude 3 weeks ago. Temp 83, lights LED, soil most. With good airflow

Any ideas? Please help

Here are some pics

Here are some pics

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=527076&stchttps://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=527076&stc=1&d=1585773979=1&d=1585773979

Attachments

• 20200401_163637.jpg
    20200401_163637.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200401_163629.jpg
    20200401_163629.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 30

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=527076&stchttps://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=527076&stc=1&d=1585773979=1&d=1585773979

Typically, you should start auto seeds in their containers 3-5 gal or 11- 17 liters and not transplant.

Too, peat pots....far too acidic. Unsourced peat bogs may have more acidity than in prior years.

Both together STUNTS autos.

Hope that helps.

bibi40

How old are them ( sprouting day ? , i can' t imagine 3 weeks of grow ... ,perhaps 3 weeks you recept them ? ) and which kind of light did you use ?

:tiphat:

Thanks that does make perfect sense.
I did not know that about starting in the larger container. I've seen people doing it that way online but didnt realize that it is something that really made a difference. Now I know.
And the pete pots I didnt know that either.
So thank you!!

The two "big" ones are almost 2 weeks. They have been slow ever sense they popped now they dont grow at all.
The smaller ones are just over a week. They two aren't growing at all.

So I will transplant them I think.:tiphat:

NeDank

I've had this happen it happened when I was over watering and the led lights were too close. Hope this helps

iwantmorebuds

I would start them in their final container as @airdbud said. After they broke ground I usually only spray a little the top of the soil to keep it wet.

And be sure about the quality of your light and distance from the canopy

Wow you two are spot on. I watered too much and too close to the lights.
So what I've done is transplant into 11L plastic pots.
Stopped watering so much and moved plants away from lights a bit.
I already see them beginning to grow after 24 hrs.
Thanks alot guys! I didnt realize autos were so touchy. I grew some Fast buds last year and they weren't like this.
Now I'm rocking some Sweet Seeds and World of Seeds. I've learned alot. I love it!
Thanks again everyone.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi I'm The Fused One. Been years sense I was here posting under a different name.

I've been growing for 30+ years and never have had a problem germinating my seeds.

I have beans from Sweet Seeds and World of Seeds.

The are new to me. I have germinated them in perfect conditions. But for some odd reason they have all stopped growing. They wont grow past the first set of leaves.
I am running 24 hrs of light.
Is there something I dont know about germinating autos? This is so frustrating!

If someone knows what could be the problem please help. They came in from Attitude 3 weeks ago. Temp 83, lights LED, soil most. With good airflow

Any ideas? Please help
I don't know what the soil is, however it always good to add a few tablespoons of magnesium lime, wet it and let it rest for at least a week.

Right now I would say 0.4 EC of high P/K nutrients and 0.1 EC of epsom salt - this (P) will put a bigger root system on the plants, after which they can't help but grow.

Other than the leaves being a little curly - which indicates pH issues - the seedllings look very nice and green.

TanzanianMagic, your right I haven't been using my PH meter. I replaced the battery and will start using it. They are in a mix of Peatmoss, Perlite, vermiculite, greensand, bonemeal, lime, soil conditioner, worm castings, and a couple other things.
I've fed them once and burned them slightly.
Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Latest posts