What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Respected AF breeders?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last I looked, no auctions...yet. You pay the price indicated. Read through instructions. SeedBay was the premiere seed finding site for unique and awesome genetics. Recently revamped....there's plenty of excellent breeders' gear there! Good luck!!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I tried chemdogging, Bluesomething don't remember name of that one and Tyrone. Also toofless alien I believe it was. Nice flavors and smells but not enough punch by far.

noknees

sorry about the confused words ,
that' s the only strain i listed i didn't grow personnaly ,
i just saw and taste some of a friend wich was really potent , couchlock kush effect and very kushy and earthy taste with tones of pink grapefruit .
i' m used to grow Killer kush F1 fast version for many years ( wich was created from the killer kush auto ) and i can said they are really similar in all points .
hope it will help you ...

:tiphat:

even better! would certainly prefer photo. if it's fast as advertised, could be nice plant for sleep in a little perpetual grow. :tiphat:

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
I tried chemdogging, Bluesomething don't remember name of that one and Tyrone. Also toofless alien I believe it was. Nice flavors and smells but not enough punch by far.

another pot forum put afterthought n mephisto together. amount waz less on afterthought yet potency fer the win! peeps were surprized on the forum. thoze of us knowing afterthought knowz gr8 genetics. female seedz another good breeder. like dinafem 2, altho afterthought iz my go to fer autoz and tried a few photoz. righteous smoke

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haaaaa! I remember seeing that on the forum. Funny, they chose 2 different strains....so I was happy to know our stuff is po-tent!! I suggested they do a side by side (like a NL auto)...what they had compared to a banana and an apple. Both are fruit!

Agree...DinaFem does a good job. Kannabia is another...some say, nah, but I like their autos!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Aridbud, of After Thought Autos.
Has proven for years to be a standup, honest, patient and kind person to deal with. While I haven't actually ran any of their genetics yet. Circumstances and scheduling have determined other paths.

Now with the Corona Virus, I doubt I can get genetics before I will need to plant seedlings. I look forward to trying some soon.
Peace farmerlion

J

jaded1

I've ran chemdogging,auto triangle,ripley's og,forgotten cookies,fugue state and white chem from Mephisto and found some great plants in all but the white chem.
1 of the most potent plants I've ever smoked was an auto triangle,only took 4/5 puffs on a joint before she had to be put down.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aridbud, of After Thought Autos.
Has proven for years to be a standup, honest, patient and kind person to deal with. While I haven't actually ran any of their genetics yet. Circumstances and scheduling have determined other paths.

Now with the Corona Virus, I doubt I can get genetics before I will need to plant seedlings. I look forward to trying some soon.
Peace farmerlion

Thanks, farmerlion!! We do what we do....ethically, honestly and forthrightly. Started with giving out beans to Vets in our mountain area (2007-2008)....back then it was MasterLow and Lowryder....along with treks to see friends in Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, bringing back their beans. Others, we sought permission to use their strains in our hybrids. Vets had little access to MMJ at that time. The rest is history.

We still give out plants/seeds for Vets.

Appreciate you kudos on our work. Thank you.

Last edited:

bigAl25

Veteran
I have been disappointed with the yield and potency of the following auto brands: Fastbuds, Heavyweight, and Mephisto. I was also disappointed with the yield from autos too. Used them the last 3 grows to shorten total grow time. Have some Mephisto strains still left and a few Nirvana strains. May throw a couple out between the tomatoes this spring, but have switched back to photoperiod fems from Nirvana, Mosca, and OG Raskal. I am so much happier with the yield and look of the frosty buds now. I will get 2 to 3 times the yield verses the smaller autos I tried the last 3 years. It looks like I'll be making butter with the remainder of last years autos, not very potent at all. Afterthought may be where it's at in autos, have not grown their strains though, but I like the guy.

raCURE

I thought autos had come a long way with potency and yields? Some being in the 20% THC?

I was really interested in AfterthoughtAutos and aridbud was really cool, seems like a top guy. However, I learned it was mixed M/F beans and was looking for females.

Still between AF or Mephisto though.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought autos had come a long way with potency and yields? Some being in the 20% THC?

I was really interested in AfterthoughtAutos and aridbud was really cool, seems like a top guy. However, I learned it was mixed M/F beans and was looking for females.

Still between AF or Mephisto though.

It takes 17-25 days to "spot" a male. If you do, you replace it with another seed....succession gardening. Pretty simple concept, really.

Regular seeds are genetically modified, hence more potent. By feminizing, you strip essential RNA from the plant. Cannabis purists say plants grown from regular seeds are stronger. We wholeheartedly agree.

Case in point: Remember watermelons that had seeds....fresh, SWEEEET, crisp? All these years of seedless watermelons, I've yet to find one that compared to a seeded watermelon variety. Lived nearby in SO CO (recall Mr. Majestic movie, shooting up watermelons?) Farmers in La Junta, CO, Rocky Ford and Swink, CO all KNOW and swear their hemp crops, watermelon and yes, even cannabis grown with regular seeds are more tasty, potent, et.al.

Last edited:

raCURE

Sounds interesting! Some reading for tonight right there :biggrin:

It takes 17-25 days to "spot" a male. If you do, you replace it with another seed....succession gardening. Pretty simple concept, really.

Regular seeds are genetically modified, hence more potent. By feminizing, you strip essential RNA from the plant. Cannabis purists say plants grown from regular seeds are stronger. We wholeheartedly agree.

Case in point: Remember watermelons that had seeds....fresh, SWEEEET, crisp? All these years of seedless watermelons, I've yet to find one that compared to a seeded watermelon variety. Lived nearby in SO CO (recall Mr. Majestic movie, shooting up watermelons?) Farmers in La Junta, CO, Rocky Ford and Swink, CO all KNOW and swear their hemp crops, watermelon and yes, even cannabis grown with regular seeds are more tasty, potent, et.al.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been disappointed with the yield and potency of the following auto brands: Fastbuds, Heavyweight, and Mephisto. I was also disappointed with the yield from autos too. Used them the last 3 grows to shorten total grow time. Have some Mephisto strains still left and a few Nirvana strains. May throw a couple out between the tomatoes this spring, but have switched back to photoperiod fems from Nirvana, Mosca, and OG Raskal. I am so much happier with the yield and look of the frosty buds now. I will get 2 to 3 times the yield verses the smaller autos I tried the last 3 years. It looks like I'll be making butter with the remainder of last years autos, not very potent at all. Afterthought may be where it's at in autos, have not grown their strains though, but I like the guy.

Haven't tried others, I'm surmising, BigAl? Venture out a bit....(hint!)

It's been a l-o-n-g time since I grew out Nirvana....medium potency from what I remember. Tried Mosca....their earlier stuff (15 yrs ago) was good. Wasn't too impressed with their C99.

Good luck with your fem grows!!!:tiphat:

Vandenberg

Affordable genetics...

Affordable genetics...

The previously posted here Recommendation has been revised:
The Michigan seed chucked entity has issues with order fulfillment to deal with before their ready for a Prime Time gig, so company has been downgraded to save yourself the frustration status. :(

Breeding seeds terminology, a pet word peave:
I just heard that "Breading seeds" is apparently a big fad, but you'd think the oil fryer temperatures would kill the seed, who knew? ;)
They say they bread stuff, I have bred stuff too, I just haven't breaded any recently.
I have breaded a chicken breast or two before but it has been awhile. ;) :)

I will certainly concur:
Afterthought is a very good thought...
The many happy customers with high regards for the genetics in the various threads here at ICMAG, tells me something very positive is going on in people's gardens. Awesomeness.

Vandenberg :)

Last edited: