What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drip cycles for anyone using the Halo Rings?

brickweeder

...The ball valve/control valve goes directly above and outside of rez so as to have easy access and control of from there , so the EXACT flow and pressure it takes to equally feed each container the exact amount of juice will be dialed with a simple turn of said ball valve.....

Another gold nugget of info...sure beats making adjustments by reprogramming the timing cycle...Thanks DHF.

tilopa

Real close Bro.....See.....you HAVE to have a way to get rid of the excess pressure from the oversize pump , but it acts in your favor by blasting O2 enriched juice straight back down as well as keeping shit stirred up that prevents precipitation and nutrients falling outta suspension , especially in a recirculating setup but I digress......and …..

Totes aren`t very tall to be able to implement said setup , so now we`re back at square 1 , unless you can find something similar for a rez but taller to accommodate the bypass allowing the "waterfall" effect ....and yeah …..The ball valve on the outside of the lid is exactly just a regular pvc ball valve to restrict flow and control pressure to each plantsite….. white fitting with red twist handle thingy on top....simple.....babyshit…..and.....

Most larger pumps have 3/4" hose pipe fittings like sump pumps , so whatever you come up with , here`s how you do it.....from the pump , run straight pipe up to as far above the solution level as possible but still under the lid , and put a "tee" in …..then add a short straight piece sideways depending on size of the rez , and put a 90 degree elbow on pointed straight back down for the waterfall effect , or even a 45 if larger size rez , and then install a small straight piece from the top of the tee inside the rez , to come out to right above the rez and install the ball valve to restrict flow that controls pressure to each plantsite , …..

From there , hook to the manifold of your choice for the grow area and you`re off to the races....that is once you dial down the flow it takes for each plant to receive EXACTLY the same juice EVERY timed feed sequence , or even totally recirculating that I really don`t suggest from yrs of experience in what not to do , but far be it from me to tell someone howta run their setup so......Good luck and take care.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: …...
Thanks, I get it now. Just one more question, if you are using a large rez, like a 55 gallon pickle barrel which I would prefer, if you don't have the bottom of your plant containers above the water line in your rez then you cannot use gravity to return the water from you plant container to the rez. How do you get the plant water back up into the rez when using a tall rez?

DunHav`nFun

Thanks, I get it now. Just one more question, if you are using a large rez, like a 55 gallon pickle barrel which I would prefer, if you don't have the bottom of your plant containers above the water line in your rez then you cannot use gravity to return the water from you plant container to the rez. How do you get the plant water back up into the rez when using a tall rez?
Ok.....1 of the reasons I stray away from recirculating setups is that very animal to deal with.....See.....I ran Krusty buckets/SWC and had concrete slabs cut out in basements for sunken rez`s for a solid decade , and once I got away from it I`d never go back to it when DTW coco gives comparable hydro returns and did for me for almost another decade with a simple timer and 1/4" driptubing hooked to basket stakes.....simple.....babyshit…..now.....

The only way I ever saw recirculating done with dialed results without sunken rez`s or raised containers was by an old growbro from the UK , and he ran all his return from containers to a "sump rez" at the base of the taller rez , then pumped all return back up to the larger rezwith a sump pump that employs a "float switch" that kicks the pump on at the pre-determined level once all the containers drain and fills sump rez up......sorry I can`t be of more help than that , just not many options as you`re obviously aware of so.....

Good luck and take care.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …...

Latest posts

Latest posts