What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Worst. Genetics. Ever.

FJ2000

Hahaha..... F’in around with some OG Kush Auto...
2 plants on the right topped at 5th node, left side left to its own devices...
2 gallon coco with HEAD formula at 75%
Guess the light! 🙄

picture.php

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi dude,

Yellowing plants are not about genetic, but the grower skills .
Not blaming you about anything, but a lot of experienced growers hurt their egos trying autos for first time following same methods as photoperiod growing.
And then " I had no success, autos suck ! " what a nice shortcut .

Your gallery is full of nice picts since a while so it makes think it is a first try .

They are golden rules to follow with autos .

On another hand , the auto scene is so full of myths ... hard to catch the true infos among bullshits .
But it is nice to learn again and always more .

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=326920 Here's an impressive "similar" coco grow.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356769 a guide for max yield that can help on several points .

Dwarfism is due to schocks and not specially the genes too .
Some are really little plants for sure .

In this pict I see lack of N, Mg, and Ca goes with ... Too high temps and dryness maybe.
Is your sodium bulb new or old ? ( or may be I'm wrong , it is not sodium bulb ? )

Where the seeds come from ? Brand . What's your light cycle ? Not the same feeding beetwen @12/12 and @20/4 . Temperature, relative humidity ? Those pots are really 2 gallons ? How many days since sprouting ?

Have patience growing autos and so you will be rewarded .

:tiphat:

FJ2000

They’re yellow cuz they’re photographed under a 600W Hortilux Super HPS with ~800 hours on it. It’s kind of a joke, the pic is total dog sh#t....
If anything they received too much NPK, I backed off full strength to 75% GH 6/9 after a week of flowering when they started showing signs of nutrient burn. (ph started in res at 5.8 and climbed to 6.2 in a few days with aeration, at which point I’d reset the res) They’re auto fed 3 times a day (roots are packed in those pots), those things are swimming in nuts.
Temps max out at 73° and drop to 65° during the 18/6 light cycle (little bit of a gap but nothing crazy)
Humidity has been a little low at 50% during the first month and now 35-45 depending on time of day...
The one plant is double the height and the buds are way underdeveloped relative to the middle plant which it the best one. The plant on the left is a leaf factory....all the same age and conditions..
Don’t wanna bag On the breeder.. I just think it’s funny to have such different plants, the smallest, shittyest (Sp?) plant receiving the least stress
I haven’t posted in a while, last two grows were stuff you guys have seen 100x so didn’t post about them.
This grow just seems like a train wreck and I miss being on here.

After this wraps up I’m gonna do “Show & Tell” and “Pink LemonAid v2” from Annunaki Genetics, friend hooked me up.

asilsweater

Try raising the temps to 77-80. Thatll make them drink more and about the ph,its ok if it rises a lil as long as its within the 5.8-6-3. switchout from ur fert and get some mega crop one part, ull thank me later, u dnt even have to ph with it!!! Ull see results in 2 to 3 days .

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hahaha..... F’in around with some OG Kush Auto...
2 plants on the right topped at 5th node, left side left to its own devices...
2 gallon coco with HEAD formula at 75%
Guess the light! ��

View Image
Everything considered, the plants don't look that bad.

However 2 gallon pots are too small - and this is an excellent time to transplant, which can be stress free, especially in coco, which has no nutrients which would otherwise burn the roots. If the plant has the potential to grow to 6 feet, you should use 6 gallon pots, maybe 5 gallons indoors.

Secondly, I think I can spot a lot of perlite in the coco coir. Coco doesn't need it, you just need to feed less frequently. It also takes up rootspace space and doesn't store nutrients. Coco coir is aerated enough on it's own.

With large, bushy plants, I like to top at the 6th node so you have 2 grow tips, and then trim the 1st, 2nd and 3rd node, so the 4th and 5th grow into 4 branches that try to grow around the top. I then let the 6th node's 2 growing tips grow into 4 growing tips on each side before topping them again, if I want 8 colas with 4 branches growing around them.

This really maximizes yield, gives me large colas instead of small buds, prevents energy and resources being wasted on the inside of the plant, and reduces the height of the plant drastically, because growth is now no longer led by 1 big cola, but shared among 8 colas and 4 branches. It also creates space between the lowest branches and the soil, wich increases airflow and also allows for topping up the soil with at least 2 inches of new soil when flowering starts. (With coco coir you just transplant into a bigger pot.)

At flowering, you add root space because flowering is basically an expansion of the root system, which is why there is so much P in flowering formulas. K is for the thickening stems, which is why branches falling over is a sign of lack of K.

Which is why the best thing you can do, is get some bigger pots, gently take them out and add more coco. At Dinafem, they say the height outdoors can reach 80cm to 180cm, which is between 2 and 6 feet. So you should have at least 6 gallon pots for them outdoors, I'd say 5 gallons indoors.

https://www.dinafem.org/en/og-kush-autoflowering/

Last edited:

FJ2000

When this finishes in a 6 weeks I’m gonna smoke myself straight retarded......Shout out Nirvana!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Perhaps next time, a larger container. Yes, some genetics are worse...or better than others.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
The best genetics in the worst hands often fail. Very poor genetics in capable hands will only perform as well as the genetics abilities.

New growers often think much higher of their abilities than they should. Growers should know what a healthy mature seed looks like. When seeds arrive immediately contact the breeder or seedbank if your Seeds are pale or yellow.

This doesn't always work either. I purchased a
expensive box set from THSeeds. Out of the entire box set I had four germinated seeds. I was told nobody else had problems. I sent pictures of the seeds delivered and never heard from them again.

I eventually culled the four plants due to poor growth. This is the first time I have spoken about this. Not to throw mud on a breeder. Just to authenticate and lend credence for this thread.

I'm very careful about whose genetics I'm growing. I also don't document any plants that are doing poorly. In my opinion I could have made a mistake and would not want the breeder to suffer from my mistake.

I wish you all the best for the upcoming season of outdoor growing.
Peace

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Topping an auto will definitely reduce yield. You'll want to look at LST techniques for autos, so you can control the canopy without slowing the plant growth. :)

Great info everyone and autos are indeed trickier than photos, especially during the first 3 weeks of growth. Any stress will significantly reduce yield, so overfeeding has a much larger impact than on photoperiod plants.

Container size is definitely a huge variable with autos. Up to the limits of the genetics, the larger the pot is the larger the final yield will be. 5 to 7 gallons of soil is wonderful for most autos under 90 days. :) This can help in the reverse if you're breeding, with smaller pots making smaller plants increasing the number of plants you can fit.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
You can top autos if they:

1. Are Superautos

Superautos easily grow 5 to 10 feet tall. Examples are the Superautos from Flashseeds (Muay Thai, Jamaica Berry, Panama Lime, Copacabana, etc.), the Magnum and Kraken from Buddha Seeds,

2. Have a branchy and tall, instead of a columnar and short structure.

Jamaican Berry, untopped and in a small container
https://www.seedsman.com/en/jamaican-berry-superauto-feminised-seeds-3
Muay Thai, untopped, but it would still work.
https://www.seedsman.com/en/muay-thai-superauto-feminised-seeds-3
Panama Lime
https://www.seedsman.com/en/panama-lime-superauto-feminised-seeds-3
Magnum from Buddha Seeds
https://howtogrowmarijuana.com/weed-strains/buddha-magnum-autoflowering-feminised-seeds/

Stdane

I saw some of Dutch Passion Autogrows on a timelapse video and right from the get go the seedling is planted a 30L pot with 50% Pro Mix soil and 50% Coco,the idea is not to restrain it in any way, coz this would affect over all yield, even a transplanting is avoided, no training, topping, mainlining or anything, 200 watt led light and 11 weeks later 125 -150 gram of dry bud. I wonder how it would do with a 600 watt Hps.:) by pressing I agree, the video should pop up!:tiphat:
[youtubeif]bOAgWenmZp0[/youtubeif]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts