What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

People who moved from lucas ratio to jacks hydro, questions for you!!

gmanwho

Veteran
So bags arrived.old jacks was 15-0-0, the new bag of jacks cal nit is 15.5 - 0 - 0 ....... which is close enough for me , but then i noticed the new bags are tinted blue, an the old where white.

anyone know any more on this? they change the recipe??, or did i miss something??

bsafe

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Thx for the replies..... pls excuse the hijack.

Got my stuff from Hydro-Gardens, in Colorado Springs.

50# CalNit... not Jacks .... Yara...... 4oz per 100 gallons
25# Chem grow 4-18-38.............. 4oz per 100 gallons
15# Magnesium Sulfate................. 2oz per 100 gallons ???

Do I have it down now?

Total came to $104 plus postage. Postage is pretty expensive, probably should have stopped in and picked it up. Of course I won't need CalNit for a long while, but it was way cheaper in the big bags. LOL

All I have to do now is remember how to run the scales.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Thx for the replies..... pls excuse the hijack.

Got my stuff from Hydro-Gardens, in Colorado Springs.

50# CalNit... not Jacks .... Yara...... 4oz per 100 gallons
25# Chem grow 4-18-38.............. 4oz per 100 gallons
15# Magnesium Sulfate................. 2oz per 100 gallons ???

Do I have it down now?

Total came to $104 plus postage. Postage is pretty expensive, probably should have stopped in and picked it up. Of course I won't need CalNit for a long while, but it was way cheaper in the big bags. LOL

All I have to do now is remember how to run the scales.

you bought the tomato formula. this is the right one for cannabis.

https://hydro-gardens.com/product/hydroponic-special-formula-25lbs-bag-5-11-26/

from chem gro but i still like the jack's hydroponic special a little better because it already has the extra mag sul in it.

dimling

Hello guys. Loving the 3-2-1 jacks cal.nit. epsom formula.
But, I got a problem...
My re-shipper in the us(Im up north in Scandinavia) has wised up to that my JR peters shipments don't contain Health and Beauty products:p
This means I now need to find someone who will ship JR peters products worldwide. should not be to hard, but alas... my google searches yielded naught.
So I turn to you, the beautiful people who turned me on to Jacks in the first place. Do you have any clue?
Thanks.

gmanwho

Veteran
Hello guys. Loving the 3-2-1 jacks cal.nit. epsom formula.
But, I got a problem...
My re-shipper in the us(Im up north in Scandinavia) has wised up to that my JR peters shipments don't contain Health and Beauty products:p
This means I now need to find someone who will ship JR peters products worldwide. should not be to hard, but alas... my google searches yielded naught.
So I turn to you, the beautiful people who turned me on to Jacks in the first place. Do you have any clue?
Thanks.

try mbferts.com

Last edited:

gmanwho

Veteran
how about finding someone on amazon.

i just checked........... customhydronutrients.com ships internationally it says on their website,

i would advise on getting the agsil 16h too. best silicate additive, big bang for for the money. i add a tablespoon to 25 gallons. be prepared to have more ph down on hand when using it. you can use the agsil as a ph up too. which i started doing sometime ago, i no longer have to purchase ph up. tough to over due the potassium silicate, target is said to be around 50ppm. a little goes far when using as ph up.

they also have peters STEM, the soluble trace element mix that looks promising.

i have used them before with no issues. good luck & bsafe

gmanwho

Veteran
soo i found another product from jr peters called most " mix of soluble traces"

cut an paste of the minerals located in the mix

Guaranteed Analysis

Sulfur (S) (Combined)
13%
Magnesium (Mg) 0.4%
0.4% water soluble magnesium (Mg)
Boron (B) 1.35%
Copper (Cu) 2.3%
2.3% water soluble copper (Cu)
Iron (Fe) 7.5%
7.5% water soluble iron (Fe)
Manganese (Mn) 8%
8% water soluble manganese (Mn)
Molybdenum (Mo) 0.04%
Zinc (Zn) 4.5%
4.5% water soluble zinc (Zn)

now i run de lights an c02 an no mater what, most are happy an a few are not. ya i could monocrop, but thats not likely.

so my point is , i hope by adding some extra trace it can prevent me from raising the ppms levels of the jacks. i see some tip burn an slow their growth, an a few others wanting more.

gonna continue over in my other thread. " land of a thousand colas"

bsafe

gmanwho

Veteran
I use a product called cytoplus from bioag for trace minerals, kelp, & humic acids. its pretty cheap even at full retail cause you really don't need much at a time. especially in coco :)

i actually saw that this morning when i was ordering my recharge 5lb container.

what ratio do you use it at an how often?

bsafe

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Do yall aerate your jacks in the reservoirs? I never used air stones but jacks says its recommended...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
When I used airstones it made it get cloudy, so I took um out and remixed some. Works perfectly fine without airstones. I got at a few youtube growers who were repoin it and they said same thing so I dont recommend aerating this stuff. My first run is almost done with jacks, I like how its lookin...

Lyfespan

When I used airstones it made it get cloudy, so I took um out and remixed some. Works perfectly fine without airstones. I got at a few youtube growers who were repoin it and they said same thing so I dont recommend aerating this stuff. My first run is almost done with jacks, I like how its lookin...

i stopped using the air stones years ago, too much ph drifting

how did you like the jacks? did you run in only for veg or in flower too? did you use and pk boosters if used in flower?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
i stopped using the air stones years ago, too much ph drifting

how did you like the jacks? did you run in only for veg or in flower too? did you use and pk boosters if used in flower?

Im using it in veg and flower, I like it, bout to harvest my first round with it, I run it mixed full strength for 35 gallons of water but mix it in 40 gallons, havent used any boosters jus the 321 formula, might add the bloom formula next round and see wut it do. Im using it on the current grow side by side in bio, but its also first grow with new lights so hard to judge difference..

shambler

I see people talking about jacks hydro/calnit ratios. But no talk about mag. Is it still commended to epsom salt? thanks

HGCC

I think the epsom is case by case and not always necessary, but yeah, its still part of the base formula. I tend to not be that precise with it and just toss a pinch in if the plants look like they need it.

Latest posts

Latest posts