What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MDF CONTACTOR BOARD question?

greenspiritz

Is there any electricians that could advise how to install a (Contactor Board)

It has 2 x CJX2-25 660V 40A contactors installed on the board.

My question is, would this be installed into the main house supply (100amp) or would this be installed via the consumer unit?

Will it require any additional RCBs or WYLEX 100A DP ISOLATOR SWITCHs, to run safely.

How can you install this on to its own dedicated circuit.

I have good understanding or electrics and how dangerous it is, and what precautions need to be taken before starting any work.

I'd just like a professional opinion, hiring an electrician to do this would be impossible for me regarding the circumstances.

Thanks for looking
Green :tiphat:

Attachments

• 57_55a0cfe3-4499-444f-b791-0382bc30a3ed_1024x1024.jpg
    57_55a0cfe3-4499-444f-b791-0382bc30a3ed_1024x1024.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 114

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are running anything over 70 volts ac through the contactor, it absolutely needs to be in a dedicated steel housing.

If any kind of arc flash happens, you want it contained.

greenspiritz

If you are running anything over 70 volts ac through the contactor, it absolutely needs to be in a dedicated steel housing.

If any kind of arc flash happens, you want it contained.

Thanks for the advise GB, but this won't be supplying a growroom, its a difficult situation to explain here, and i'll certainly looking into a housing :tiphat:

greenspiritz

That set up doesn't meet code to run AC voltage. Should something happen, your insurance will screw you. Is that plain enough? :tiphat:

This was used for a setup in another property, that a friend helped empty, so i'm pretty sure it's up for the job?

Here's the specs of the contactors if there's some confusion.

Everything is UK standard at 230v ect. Not 120v

Thanks for chiming in :tiphat:

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    16.5 KB · Views: 117

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
It's wired for a 32amp supply, but the choc-block isn't suitable. The contactors themselves could do more, but not how they have been implemented.

They make these at basement lighting in newark. I can provide greater switching capacity using a plug n play solution. I have some used items right now to. I have worked for internet names you will know, for decades. You can get an electrician.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
This was used for a setup in another property, that a friend helped empty, so i'm pretty sure it's up for the job?

Here's the specs of the contactors if there's some confusion.

Everything is UK standard at 230v ect. Not 120v

Thanks for chiming in :tiphat:
Do whatever you want to do. No skin off my .... I wouldn't! :tiphat:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the advise GB, but this won't be supplying a growroom, its a difficult situation to explain here, and i'll certainly looking into a housing :tiphat:

I don't care what it's for. If it's over 70 volts AC, it needs to be contained.

The outlets don't need to be, just the contactor.

That whole rig looks like a flip flop for something.

I built one similar for a couple of LED lights using a single relay inside a 4" square metal box. Works like a champ and won't kill someone or catch on fire.

Esme

Wouldn't see me using any of these style boards mate

100AMP Consumer units and plug sockets on timer board is what you really need to run direct from the 100AMP supply, Get an electri lad you can trust as this could kill somone.

Never over load the house supply max I would run 90amps that's with flip flop rooms.