What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOG from cut- Purple Urkle x Chem DD coco/soil mix with Advanced N. & Aptus

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
Hey fellow canna lovers!

Its been a while since I posted my last thread and Im glad to introduce you to my first grow using coco coir!!!
I mixed it in equal part with my usual soil and a good dose of perlite. Is this allowed in the coco forum? lol :p
Im using square pots and sizes are from 5 to 3 liters pots.

Im working with 400W sylvania Agro-Hps , in 1 x 1 meter.

For tris grow i will use A.N. Big Bud & Mother Earth Bloom as for basic nutes and ive got the small bottles-kit of Aptus.
They are both new lines of products to me, even tho ive been using Sweet Leaf from AN in some previous grows.

The strains! (i was forgetting about this point lol stoner)
The Purple Urkle x Chem DD is a keeper coming from some beans i was VEEERY gently given from a fellow ICmager from Oregon (u know who you are, im thankful man i owl you a big favor) RESPECT
i will post a pic of the mommy, she was born from a seed basically last september.. so almost a year old hehehe

The SSSDH is from Connoisseur Genetics, i found 4 females out of 7 seeds. I took cuts from 3 of them phenos, one is a keeper and will become a mom, the others two are taking part of this SOG and will vanish after this cycle. They are some stretchers for sure, nothing unexpected when talking about either hazes or diesel strains. They are good yielders . Both are in 3 liters pots , we'll see how they produce.
Others products i used: root stimulator from avanced Hydro holland, also ph up and down are from same brand.

I measure ph and Ec digitally.
I usually stay in a PH range from 6.0 to 6.3 depending on the phase they are in.
Dont have an EC rule, but usually dont go much over 1-1,2. Mind i always worked with soil. So this time i will probably end up a lil over that.
Talking about Aptus line... I just did the last 40 days of one of my current bloom rooms that is at 60 days of 12/12 from cut, using P boost K boost Enzymes+ and Topboost, oh and the regulator, which they say is the "key" one.

This is how they look despite the very hot light-on temps, around 35°.. 40 max .
picture.php

They look very good to me and the resin is building up like glass pebbles, nugs rocksolid.
I also used their Startboost for vegging the clones that im actually starting the thread about, that are on day 11 at the moment.

OK here starts the show
Im gonna stop talking and start with the pix.. this one following is the view of the new SOG.. 16 cuts, 14 Urkle Chem DD and 2 SSSDH Connoisseur Genethics which are basically two phenos of it that im tossing .
picture.php

pic taken at Day 8
Everything is Urkle Chem exept a couple in the middle.
The surrounding line is 4 pots per side , 12 larger pots , 6 liters pots non completely filled. (around 5 liters)
The central 4 are in 3 liters square pots completely filled.

Right now they are at 11 days and look surprisingly vigorous, they are using nothing but the nutes contained in the soil and what, something in the startbooster mabe? Im planning to let them use the N available right now , the way im going to have a lighter profile for the full bloom phase.
So since there is some N available from the soil i will later use the Big Bud that has no nitrogen in it...

For the next 3 days im gonna have short internet connection but after that i will be constantly on uploading and keeping youguys updated!
I hope all this talking didnt get you boring and maybe you find it interesting.

Stick up guys! ill see you later!:thank you:

Wam

theJointedOne

Veteran
Very nice, ill tag along for this grow for sure. Sounds like your working with some nice genetics too.

Thanks for sharing.

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
go go go Wamen.....really nice sog my brother!!!

did you already see some difference between the new soil recipe and the old one?

keep it up!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Rudra

Rock On Wamen!!!
Very interested on the hellish temps challenge also!!!
Super Big Up!!!

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
yo wamen project gonna be super interesting..plants lookin good healthy and green, so count me in ..
coco are good and i want try soon, so keep the great job up homie!!!!
ps: aptus ROCK fo su!!!

WAMEN

Veteran
Hey Hey Hey guys!! nice to see ya all!!

thanks to everyone who stopped by, The Boys, Bunkerman, Stra, Killer, Rudra and The Jointed one..

Later today i will take some pics when the light its about to turn on and make the 16 days of bloom update.

As for what TheBoys asked me, im planning to harvest around 30g every 25cm2 so basically 0,96 ounces every 0,82 feet. More or less 1 OZ x SqFoot.

Bunkerman, the coco im using is Canna Coco plus pro.

---- now im gonna show something from my 2nd bloom room, got the chop 2 days ago.

These cuts are always Urkle x Chem DD , same grow shown in the pics in my first post.
I was using Plagron Alga bloom with this one, but i stopped at around 30 days and kept using nothing but the Aptus line (+ AN Big Bud twice and Mother Hearth Bloom once) untill the harvest.
The challenge this time was to have the cleanest buds I ever harvested, i wanted to be totally yellow in the leafs, i wantend them to "eat-themselves" how we usually say.
I lost some leafs due to no fert and frequent but low-quantity waterings . That was also to fight my RH problem in this 2nd bloom room.
This is harvest day at around 60-62. This strain can go easily to 70/75 but with this hot temps and no nutes it was prolly gonna start dying by then si i chopped 'em.
picture.php

picture.php

These are fat and rocksolid guys!!

picture.php

picture.php

continues..

WAMEN

Veteran
.. Before (30/35days)..
picture.php

.. And After (60/62 days, harvest)
picture.php

hehehe not bad

Lets take a closer look!
picture.php

picture.php

And a quick pic of what will be the base of the grow of this thread here.

picture.php

I used Regulator, Strart booster for the veg and fisrt 10 days of bloom, now at 16 days i switched to Topbooster with some drops of P Boost and 2ml/L of An Big Bud.

ok thats it for now, I'll be back later with some fresh pics of day 16.

good puffing and good day to all!!

The Boys

you could probably get a lot more with 4 single cola plants per sq ft .iv hit 3 oz per sq ft with just 21inch plants

WAMEN

Veteran
that is an idea The Boys, im gonna keep it mind for sure. My only concern is , would 4 plants in a square feet have enough space for their leafs to allow a proper formation. i would be curious to see a grow like that. Best thing would be looking at Scrogs for sure, but even a sog wuoluld be interesting for me. thanks

Update - day 16 of 12/12

the stretch has been taking place massively. Almost surprisingly. anyways i think its about it, the budsites furmed up nicely and im pretty surprised to notice that that all the plants are forming up resin already. In previous grows they took longer to show up.
picture.php

here is a single urkle x chem DD cut , we'll see how they fill up those spaces
picture.php

Day by day im pruneing several low branches away as i rise the lamp.

:wave:

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
those sssdh are looking killer brotha! and i bet that urkle x chem dd will be some tasty smoke, hopefully she will yield out ok for you as well :) happy growing :joint:

WAMEN

Veteran
Thank you Dimebag, your presence here is much appreciated man :) stop by more often to check!

The girls are goin pretty nicely, they are pushing the buds very fast and well' see some serious progress in just a few days it seems! we'll see!

This urkle Chem gets me pretty baked :joint:
:wave:

WAMEN

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by roll_it_large! u running some interesting things as well man..keep it up!

RulaTone

Veteran
Great Wamen
nice grow show as always!

Whats yuor usual soil? Was your mix roughly 40%soil 40%coco and 20% perlite? I want to give it a try.

For your high temps...even if summer is at its end, i really suggest you this:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/VENTILATORE-...0700027607?pt=Ventilatori&hash=item2a128f9ad7

You can find it at coop 20€
It moves great volumes of air without blowing strong directly on buds, it diffuses evenly and silently! Next you can fix it like a reflector with chains and it stays tight on the wall slightly above the top colas, without stealing too much space.
I had a fan like yours and its not even paragonable.
Its blue for a reason: its the smurfs fan!

Good luck for your grow!!!
See ya