What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why to use worm Castings

kava

I also think that worm castings are great. You dont want to grow in straight castings because as it was said they hold too much water and get very thick and dont drain. The best thing you can do is to mix it for your soil. Using it straight to grow in will only get you root rot. The casting tea is easy to make as others have said 1 cup castings in a nylon sock with a small bubler in it and a bubler in the bottom of a 5 gal bucket. Let it set in the bucket for about 8 hours and then you can remove it if wanted 1 tbs of unsulfered molassasfor feeding the micro herd. after 24 hours you can use it and dont let it sit too long after 24 hours from when it finishes making your mico herd will run out of food and start to die off. It can be used for foliar feeding (vinyards are using it to bring up the brix in grapes) (brix is a measure of the sugars in the grape juice). I dont know if this helps but I figured I would put my 2cents in :tiphat:

SOM

WHERE IS THE SECTION WHERE MEMBERS POST HOW TO BUILD ITEMS FROM MATERIALS

USE TO HAVE RAMA IN IT WAS THE SOMETHING RAMA WHICH HAD POST ON HOW TO

SOM

PLEASE PROVIDE THE THREAD TO REACH THE DIY SECTION WHICH HAD CONTRIBUTIONS FROM MEMBERS ON HOW TO BUILD CLONERS HID'S ALL SORT OF GOOD THINGS

Gelado`

Veteran
I'll never grow anything without them again! Solved my root aphid issues and my growth has been phenomenal. Best grow yet!

touchhole

Worm castings is the single best flavor enhancer IMO!
Nothing I have used works better and it's full of trace elements.I use only Pro-Mix and Worm Castings and perlite in my soil mixes.All other organics are watered in.
Castings RULE!!!!
Wiggle Worm all the way........................

Wiggle worm is full of clay and sand. Put some in water wee what happens

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Still making my own worm castings....time to split the worm bins again...they are thriving

picture.php

from Wikipedia - Vermicompost (vermi-compost, vermiculture) is the product of the composting process using various species of worms, usually red wigglers, white worms, and other earthworms, to create a mixture of decomposing vegetable or food waste, bedding materials, and vermicast.

Vermicompost contains water-soluble nutrients and is an excellent, nutrient-rich organic fertilizer and soil conditioner. It is used in farming and small scale sustainable, organic farming

picture.php