What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mycorrhizal Fungi

osoloco69

I have seen people use their spent cubensis cakes in their soil mixture as a myco suppliment. I have personally found the copelandia variety to be less intrusive and also very good beneficiary to the cannabis. Also you will get a few poppers late in flower just for fun ;)

senseless

im going to the hydro store soon. what type of mycorhizzi innoculant can i buy for my recirculating bio bucket sytem?

SativaBelieva

Rhizosys

Rhizosys

Funny... I've started a thread under Organic Soil... and just posted some info on Rhyzosys...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=28977

SativaBelieva said:
My friend sannie has helped develop this product for the MJ business... lucky me, I got to try it... and have been a happy user for more than one year... the mycorriza root fungi extends the reach of your plants' roots... and the bacteria help free up nutrients from the soil... I believe these beneficial additives bring me an edge in growing...

Sauce

I believe all the major beneficials like Florashield, SubCulture, Hydroguard, etc all contain mycorhizzi.

Actually not sure on that. Found this in the Hydroguard sticky:

Texas Kid said:
The product composition consists of: Bacillus subtilis, Paenibacillus polymxa, Bacillus circulans, and Bacillus amyloliquefaciens. The guaranteed analysis is:CFU/Gram 1.7E x10 6 .

Last edited:
K

kokua

Sauce said:
I believe all the major beneficials like Florashield, SubCulture, Hydroguard, etc all contain mycorhizzi.

Actually not sure on that. Found this in the Hydroguard sticky:

wishfull thinking...but not the case. None of those beneficials contain mycorrhizae. If you want mycorr, buy mycorr. If you want baccillus, buy baccillus. If you dont' know what you want, ASK SOMEONE WHO KNOWS!!

B

baccas125

The fungus is among us. Good stuff it really does help try it you will like it!!

K

kokua

Verite said:
Most people dont know that EN/EA also contains beneficial nematodes in them [ which arent listed by that name on the ingredients.] I think one part has the inactivated eggs in it [clear] and the other part an egg activator [dark]. When you add the parts together that activates the nematodes into action and they will cruise thru moist soil looking for any critters that give off co2 [ soil gnats, thrips, etc.]

I kinda freaked out when I found them as I added a double dose mix of the en/ea to some small pots and then overwatered them a few days later over a black tub and saw all these little microscopic worms come out in the run off.

Bene nematodes will remain in moist soil but will die quickly in dry soil and when exposed to a ph shock difference of more than a point or two.

do you mind me asking where you got your information from? Nematodes are considered 'microscopic' for a reason. I doubt the little worms you saw were infact nematodes. That would be a great selling point for EN/EA (if it were true) People are willing to spend $30 bucks on just the nematodes alone. So, if it is true, why would EN/EA not want the consumer to know?

mi·cro·scop·ic - Too small to be seen by the unaided eye but large enough to be studied under a microscope.

One million nematodes fit in a 2x3 sponge...

nematodes.jpg

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Im pretty sure nematode eggs are a hella lot smaller when they are in the sponge. Activate them however and Im sure you might be able to see something. If you read the labels on the both the bottles they dont say much of anything of whats in them.

Heres a pretty good picture of the size of the critters I saw. These are nematodes on what looks like a termite larvae. Small sure but not so small you cant see them contrasted to a black plate.

Nematodes.jpg

Heres the site from the pic where they describe the nematodes also as microscopic. Thanks for the websters definition though.
http://www.biconet.com/biocontrol/nemas.html

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Plant Success is the Mychorr I use and it works pretty well but its all granulated. EA/EN is the only liquid mychorr available at my grow shop.

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
:wave: hey everyone

I am about to do an aeroponics grow and I have have good results with Earth Juice products in the past.

would beneficial fungi help or hinder?

and am I mistaken in thinking chem ferts and organic do not mix? I have gotten several chem ferts for free, but have never used them. :1help:

G

Has the fungi fad finally passed?

If you want mycorr, buy mycorr. If you want baccillus, buy baccillus. If you dont' know what you want, ASK SOMEONE WHO KNOWS!!

I have a coco hydroton mix... what do I want to inoculate with?

Last edited:
K

kokua

yes that is EXACTLY what you want. I am not sure about the dosing as I dont have my plant success in front of me. There are accurate directions on the label though. A teaspoon sounds about right...

SoulRebel

Pirahana from AN has several different types of endo and ecto mycorrhizae ... make sure to use RO water, or you'll kill all your newfound friends(mycorrhizal).

... S R... :joint:

Last edited:

leentu

Hello all,
Ive been using a product line made by tangenterprises.com.They make a line of biological amendments that Ive had great success with. Theyre bio-peat is great for making a tea.It seems to promote complex branching. The soil life product produces conditions that increase uptake of nutes.And the bio-vam mychrorizea is amazing stuff too.

Latest posts

Latest posts