What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The American Dream -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes - even myself as a youth (17) headed to the USA as a new immigrant from Europe - but my experience was a bit of a mixed bag.

I found the experience of this man originally from Ghana inspiring - after watching this video:

African Immigrant Explains How the American Dream Works

The American Dream is said to be dying, but one immigrant from Ghana rejects this idea. Stephen Osei immigrated to the US in the late 1970’s from Kumasi, Ghana in pursuit of a better life for him and his family. Now an American citizen, he describes his difficult story in his book ‘I Love America’ and outlines how anyone in the United States can succeed if they try. “The fact you are born poor, this doesn’t mean you grow up to be poor.”

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kU3xh_1547607725

*Have you experienced 'The American Dream?' - if so do let us know about it - bad or good.

Latest posts

Latest posts