What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your Estimate - How long will the US Gov. Shutdown Last ?

St. Phatty

fuck this shutdown though. it's messing with the flow of mail over here or something. i have two packages that i've been waiting for all week to show up and they still haven't come.

I think the mail is a little slower everywhere.

I noticed that Netflix increased their estimate of how long delivery takes, by about a day - even after Christmas.

I don't think it's related to the shutdown, unless postal workers are engaged in some kind of "sympathy strike work slowdown" or something.

The Trump denial of airplanes for Pelosi's trip is FUNNY.

Give them gloves and let them duke it OUT !

They might be taking the country down with them - but at least it's entertaining. (I'd rather have boring & productive, but you take what you can get. :tiphat: )

Cannavore

Veteran
seems oddly coincidental then... all my fedex stuff came on time... 2 packages from usps in 1 week are either delayed or just gone... lol. i've never lost a package before from usps.

St. Phatty

seems oddly coincidental then... all my fedex stuff came on time... 2 packages from usps in 1 week are either delayed or just gone... lol. i've never lost a package before from usps.

People are stressed.

Maybe you can help them ? I know that sounds naive.

There might be an interesting personal story behind the change in mail.

And possibly a heart-breaking story.

I hated to see how my mail-lady in Sonoma County was crushed by credit card debt.

I would have loved to be in a position to give her a clean-up loan at 6% or something, so she could get rid of all that 25% APR debt.

When I was younger I had a mail order computer business where I had to do UPS COD. I was amazed at how reliable that was - there were no drop-outs. For that to happen, UPS, the customer, and USPS ALL had to come through.

X

xavier7995

Im so damn happy trump acted like a bitch about the plane. So far the dems seem to winning in in the court of public opinion on the shutdown, pelosi's cancellation of the SOTU was dumb and petty and could have blown that. Trumps gotta appease that base though and stick it to chuck and nancy so he cant pick up support from the middle.

Edit: lol, pulling out of davos....yeah thats a great plan to not be at the table. Definitely gonna stick it to the libs with that one.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Is it wrong that I want it to last forever?

I guess I feel cynical, like anything could happen.

They could wheel a camera in there and there's the back of Nancy's head between Trump's legs.

Or Vice Versa. Nancy with a big Orange Bush between HER thighs.

It will look like she's scrubbing or flossing her inside thighs with a big Brush or something.

And there will be Trump, with a big smile on his face. And yeast bubbles on his chin.

Now, I don't think Melania is into the group thing. And Trump is not insane.

So if his head is between Pelosi's thighs, it's a sign that he's been served with divorce papers.

But OK back in the land of reality.

I think it 1 of 2 things will happen -

A. It will be over in 3 weeks, by Close of Business, Friday the first full week in February.

I say that because the group of 10 senators finally came forward and pointed out that the partial shutdown had shut down Fed. wildfire prevention efforts. If they are sane, they will find a way to address that, without tying it to the wall debate, because neither side is budging on the wall debate, and they know they don't want egg on their face at the end of the year, wildfire-wise.

B. Trump & Republicans moves the wildfire agencies over to the US military side of budgeting, i.e. the part that hasn't been cut off.

And the rest stays shut down.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...eases?id=896AE0E5-2F42-411B-8EA0-AC0DF39FF452

Not trying to promote Feinstein-ness, just the only link I could find at the moment. I think the Republicans will totally agree with the Democrats about getting the Federal wildfire agencies rolling again.

But they have the option of doing a little Org Chart magic, and BINGO ! They can keep locking horns with each other.

vta

Veteran
Few more days...then El Trumpo can start slashing jobs. :woohoo:

picture.php

St. Phatty

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colorados-forests-at-risk-for-wildfires-due-to-government-shutdown/

Colorado fire managers speak out about the effect of the shutdown.

Timing is Everything.

"The partial government shutdown is putting Colorado's 24 million acres of forests at risk this summer, says the state's forester.

Mike Lester said winter months are critical for wildfire managers. They use the break from the flames for pile burning, for example, which clears debris that commonly fuels large wildfires during the summer.

"That is specifically done when there's snow on the ground," Lester told CBS Denver.

In the high country, that's right now. But state and local agencies say there's only so much they can do without the U.S. Forest Service, which manages about 65 percent of the forests in Colorado.

"We don't have enough staff resources to get the job done that we need to get done."

https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/fires/article224656700.html

Good Shutdown Calendar at this web page -

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/20/trump-tweet-shutdown-1116078

St. Phatty

Indefinitely I hope, we don't need Congress for 90% of the bullshit they do.

Roads, Wildfires, Floods.

haven't seen Congress work on any of those things.

PULL THEIR PRIVATE HEALTH CARE

Let them have the same health care as the General Public

paid for out of their own pocket.

Then see what happens.

It's an experiment.

https://wildfiretoday.com/2019/01/2...down-make-it-difficult-to-suppress-wildfires/

"Will the government shutdown make it difficult to suppress wildfires?"

https://wildfiretoday.com/2019/01/21/california-firefighter-interviewed-on-npr-about-shutdown/

6 minute interview with Calif. firefighter about shutdown

Cannavore

Veteran
Few more days...then El Trumpo can start slashing jobs. :woohoo:

View Image

i wonder if Q knows Obama slashed public jobs heavily during his two terms and grew the private sector immensely.

Also no Q meme is complete without a fake quote attributed to bernie sanders!

Badfishy1

Of course not a single leftist nut jockey talking about gubbament reopening... too busy gloating about Stone. A bunch of spineless ambulance chasers cashing in on somebodies misfortune. Loud as fuck tripping over each other about who is more outraged about how Drumpf is bad Bc you know missed paychecks... moral fagging at its finest

St. Phatty

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-...-spending-bill-as-early-as-friday-11548439078

Sounds Like they 1/2 way agreed about something.

https://apnews.com/30769167ab7a4ef9adf880d020b775dd

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Submitting to mounting pressure and growing disruption, President Donald Trump agreed to a deal Friday to reopen the government for three weeks, backing down from his demand that Congress give him money for his border wall before federal agencies get back to work.

Standing alone in the Rose Garden, Trump said he would sign legislation funding shuttered agencies until Feb. 15 and try again to persuade lawmakers to finance his long-sought wall. The deal he reached with congressional leaders contains no new money for the wall.

Trump’s retreat came in the 35th day of the partial shutdown as intensifying delays at the nation’s airports and a missed payday for hundreds of thousands of federal workers brought new urgency to efforts to resolve the standoff.

The shutdown was ending as Democratic leaders had insisted it must — reopen the government first, then talk border security. “The president thought he could crack Democrats and he didn’t and I hope it’s a lesson for him,” said the Senate Democratic leader, Chuck Schumer. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said of her members: “Our unity is our power. And that is what maybe the president underestimated.”

Pelosi & Schumer are busy crowing about their "success".

They're putting lip-stick on a Train Wreck.

No offense to the Cannabis strain.

Gry

Certainly little difference between media and news.
In this environment it's generated.
If I am not mistaken, Roger anticipated this months ago.

Latest posts

Latest posts