What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suggestions for The Best Marijuana Vaporizer

drugtestingguy

I was wondering what is a good vaporizor for weed. I really don't smoke that much, I just do it 3-4 times a week at night and I want something super simple that I can just suck on without having to load it all the time and mess with settings.

Any Suggestions?

clearheaded

arizers are good. utilian is a portable aswell that is convenction many "clones" but just new lables on same product. however some table top vapes may be better for ur use so dont have to worry about batteries. arizer makes a table top aswell think pretty reasonable.

Oregonism

Arizer portables are bulletproof, I have an Argo and have cleaned it once 6 months. Arizers are more session type vapes.

The solo og can be had new for around $100, most use this as around the house portable.

I have been looking at the Ghost Mv1, kinda spendy, but on demand convection, so you dont waste materiel.

Good luck.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
If you're older and get high by yourself or with significant other, Silver Surfer Vaporizer w ground glass attachment.. If you're younger and get high with 3-6 friends, Volcano. SSV aint 'cheap' but Volcano can cost twice as much.

I bought a Volcano (not digital) and used it twice. It's a waste of time to me and not very weed conservative. It'll go to ebay soon.

G

Is the Sublimator considered a great vaporizer anymore? Anything better it?

G

growhigh1233

PLENTY (from the same German company who make the volcano)......................semi portable! exceptionally well made ......and gives the highest strongest vape stone iv ever experienced !

big chamber ...vape always cool..always! ........no motors or pumps involved simply the harder you suck, the thicker and stronger the vape !!

the plenty is strongest way i know to ingest weed !!

JohnnyChicago

I have a Solo since 6-7 years, an Extreme Q since 8 years, but I also own a Volcano and a Mighty and for taste the Solo is by far my favourite.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The Arizer range look good. The Air 2 has my eye. It uses the same principles as the more popular Solo, but with under half the battery life and a smaller profile, it warms more in the hand. Just a few hits isn't going to warm it much though, and that battery is a normal 18650 that's easy to change. The Solo suddenly looks awkward with it's wall wart charger that means finding 90 minutes of mains electricity. While a replaceable 18650 can be charged in any way imaginable. Well.. depending on how stoned you are at the time.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
You have to ask yourself....

Portable or desktop (plug in).

Are you a light tolerance or heavy?

Huge difference in which vape you want based on those questions. I am a big hitter and although the Arizer vapes are wonderful vapes, you'll never get the giant hits you'll get from a Flower Pot or E-Nano.

If you're a light user, VapCaps seems to be very popular.

I love my Solo and my ArGo.

It all depends on what you expect from a vape and your intended usage.

For a plug in vape, there's no better taste than the E-Nano. I am a flavor chaser and that's another huge difference in vapes. Many portables have a pretty hot hit. Some people have pussy throats and can't take hot hits.

Lots to consider.

RB56

Veteran
The Arizer range look good. The Air 2 has my eye. It uses the same principles as the more popular Solo, but with under half the battery life and a smaller profile, it warms more in the hand. Just a few hits isn't going to warm it much though, and that battery is a normal 18650 that's easy to change. The Solo suddenly looks awkward with it's wall wart charger that means finding 90 minutes of mains electricity. While a replaceable 18650 can be charged in any way imaginable. Well.. depending on how stoned you are at the time.
I agree that the Solo II could really use a USB charging port. Solo I isn't worth considering IMO, because the draw was drastically improved between versions. Air I and II use the Solo II improvement, so strictly preference there (if they are still both available), although I think the II has USB charging and the I doesn't. USB charging and 18650 batteries are ideal for portable use.

My experience is that the Solo II battery has considerably more capacity than twice an Air's. Air really needs charging before every session. I use the Solo II for 2 or 3 days before I plug it in.

I like the Solo II for at home use. GF uses the Air pretty exclusively now. If maximum portability is the goal, look at the ArGo. For hits, I put the ArGo slightly below the Solo II or Airs, which are comparable to each other.

Finally, while both the Airs and ArGo let you swap 18650 batteries, the ArGo has a switch you slide that opens the battery compartment - very simple. The Air requires that you unscrew the bottom, replace the battery and thread the bottom back on. Fine threads. I try to do that as seldom as possible to avoid cross threading. Wear on the threads is already evident, despite my care. I don't have it in front of me, but I believe male and female threads are aluminum.

SuperBadGrower

I own a Solo and it is a good vape but I never use it. It takes way too long to finish a small quantity and you need to inhale hard for such a long time to get a big hit. I've tried other stems and mods but nothing satisfies. If I was gonna vape I'd get a S&B Mighty

Hashishh

Depends on what your use for it is. I use a vape for business trips. It's discreet and easy to conceal. I've got the CF Boundless. Works great for dry herb but garbage for extracts. The battery only lasts about 4 bowls so it's more for a quick trip out.

Dry herb? Extracts? Both? In the house? Out of the house? Both? Circle sesh? Private sesh? We just need more details on why you want to use a vape. What's the typical day you see yourself using it?

I've got an old DBV it's about 10 years old and my dad's been using it the last 2 years. Great desktop vape for the price, at least at the time. Not sure what they go for nowadays.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I'm still happy with the sublimator.
Not the cheapest, you have to load every rip and it takes 20min to heat up . But combined with my bong i can take huge vapo bong rips that make me high as fuck every time.

RB56

Veteran
I own a Solo and it is a good vape but I never use it. It takes way too long to finish a small quantity and you need to inhale hard for such a long time to get a big hit. I've tried other stems and mods but nothing satisfies. If I was gonna vape I'd get a S&B Mighty
Applies to the original Solo - good for it's time, but that was a while ago. Solo II is entirely different draw. I'd also suggest that people looking for vaping recommendations focus on those who are actively using the devices, not those who don't vape, but if they did ...

SuperBadGrower

Applies to the original Solo - good for it's time, but that was a while ago. Solo II is entirely different draw. I'd also suggest that people looking for vaping recommendations focus on those who are actively using the devices, not those who don't vape, but if they did ...

Interesting, I did not get that impression about the II's draw when I read about the new model back then, but you and others here have praised it so I will have to check it out some time. For disclosure I do get to use a mighty regularly, but it's not mine and I don't clean it. I think it's the second best thing to smoking, third being a good bong for me. The extreme Q is very nice but I don't like working with the bags too much.