What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KIS Organics discount code?

DTOM420

Anyone know if KIS Organics gives an ICMag discount or if there's any discount codes for them? I want to order some 50lb bags of some stuff and could sure use a lil discount if there's a code floating around.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Anyone know if KIS Organics gives an ICMag discount or if there's any discount codes for them? I want to order some 50lb bags of some stuff and could sure use a lil discount if there's a code floating around.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Ever find a discount? Their shipping charges are absurd. Two 1.5 Liter bags $60....Shipping $81 fuck a bunch of that shit!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ever find a discount? Their shipping charges are absurd. Two 1.5 Liter bags $60....Shipping $81 fuck a bunch of that shit!

Do you know anyone who controls shipping cost? Or you can buy stuff with shipping built into the price.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you know anyone who controls shipping cost? Or you can buy stuff with shipping built into the price.

Yeah. Shipping dirt is expensive.

That's why I built my own and bought Tad's nutrient pack to supplement it. Got it cooking right now. :woohoo:

KIS

Trace,

I hear you, shipping is tough. You must be located far away from us in WA State. I've tried negotiating with UPS for better rates, which helps, but the soil weighs around 40 lbs since we use pumice instead of perlite and other heavy ingredients like basalt, glacial rock dust, and fish compost.

We are a really small company of only 12 people, running a 7 acre farm. I wish we could command the shipping rates of a company like Amazon.

I am exploring options to have mixing facilities in other states, but it's a long process of registering with the state, sourcing local materials, and then creating a soil mix that will match or exceed what we currently offer. The biggest issue I've had is finding a quality compost or earthworm castings that's affordable and I would want to grow in.

We are doing our best, but I realize for people far away, that's not much of a solution. You might see if Buildasoil is closer or check out our Nutrient Pack, which allows you mix our same recipe using local inputs (peat, compost, aeration).

Or, post some ingredients on here of what you can source locally and tag me and I'm happy to chime in with input on a recipe.

Hope that helps!

Badfishy1

Trace,

I hear you, shipping is tough. You must be located far away from us in WA State. I've tried negotiating with UPS for better rates, which helps, but the soil weighs around 40 lbs since we use pumice instead of perlite and other heavy ingredients like basalt, glacial rock dust, and fish compost.

We are a really small company of only 12 people, running a 7 acre farm. I wish we could command the shipping rates of a company like Amazon.

I am exploring options to have mixing facilities in other states, but it's a long process of registering with the state, sourcing local materials, and then creating a soil mix that will match or exceed what we currently offer. The biggest issue I've had is finding a quality compost or earthworm castings that's affordable and I would want to grow in.

We are doing our best, but I realize for people far away, that's not much of a solution. You might see if Buildasoil is closer or check out our Nutrient Pack, which allows you mix our same recipe using local inputs (peat, compost, aeration).

Or, post some ingredients on here of what you can source locally and tag me and I'm happy to chime in with input on a recipe.

Hope that helps!

High road for sure. Nice work there sir.

h.h.

Veteran
Excellent castings @ Rocky Mountain in CS.
I'll give you the back 5 to operate in.
Tim can park his bus and oversee it all.

Trace,

Hope that helps!

KIS

Excellent castings @ Rocky Mountain in CS.
I'll give you the back 5 to operate in.
Tim can park his bus and oversee it all.

I like that idea....hit me up through email or DM, I'd be curious to learn more. Thanks.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Trace,

Hope that helps!

High road indeed.
Good job kis. Your character is as good or better than your company. And I love your company and your podcast has gave many hours of enjoyment.

KIS

High road indeed.
Good job kis. Your character is as good or better than your company. And I love your company and your podcast has gave many hours of enjoyment.

Thanks! Much appreciated! I've got some really exciting podcasts lined up for 2019. :)

KIS

Can I ask what nl you used in your nl deepchunk cross?

Thanks

I think you have the wrong person. Grew a NL x Haze back in the day from a 20 year old seed Coot cracked, but didn't keep the genetics. I'm guessing you meant to quote someone else. :)

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High road indeed.
Agreed.

Excited about the new podcasts Tad! :woohoo: Keep up the great work.

h.h.

Veteran
I like that idea....hit me up through email or DM, I'd be curious to learn more. Thanks.
You could possibly partner with Rocky Mountain and produce castings on site. It would be cheaper and give them good promotion.

Greenthumber

Trace,

Hope that helps!

That’s the route I’m taking! Being In Michigan I have a build a soil near me so I will take advantage of that and order some of your mineral mix.. 2 quick questions when you have a moment.
What is a good rule of thumb for amount of organic mineral/substance to re amend come that time?
Also after adding your mineral mix what is a good timeframe to let it cook for before using?

Also I’d like to add what you’re doing educating the misinformed or uninformed couldn’t be appreciated more! Your podcasts are truly amazing and a wealth of information I’ve listened to quite a few of them some more than a few times to let it soak in! Awesome job and thank all of your friends as well. The books I’ve recently ordered I’m sure I will soon find out will be nothing but great as well. Thanks again tad!

KIS

That’s the route I’m taking! Being In Michigan I have a build a soil near me so I will take advantage of that and order some of your mineral mix.. 2 quick questions when you have a moment.
What is a good rule of thumb for amount of organic mineral/substance to re amend come that time?
Also after adding your mineral mix what is a good timeframe to let it cook for before using?

Also I’d like to add what you’re doing educating the misinformed or uninformed couldn’t be appreciated more! Your podcasts are truly amazing and a wealth of information I’ve listened to quite a few of them some more than a few times to let it soak in! Awesome job and thank all of your friends as well. The books I’ve recently ordered I’m sure I will soon find out will be nothing but great as well. Thanks again tad!

Are we talking mineral mix or Nutrient Pack? The mineral mix is mostly some calcium sources and rock dusts, not NPK, therefore won't cause the soil to heat up. However, you probably need less of that than you think, as there may be sufficient levels in your soil. This is where a soil test is useful.

For the Nutrient Pack, I would suggest a soil test as well, but barring that information, we typically recommend adding 1-2 regular per yard of soil and then 1 cubic ft of high quality compost or EWC. After the first cycle you may want to add a bit more aeration amendments and also cut some of the Ca sources, depending how the the cultivars you're growing are uptaking the Ca. I've found it tends to build up over time with many of the most common cultivars, also raising pH. We can make some of those adjustments for you as well with the Nutrient Pack we send you if you share your test results with us.

Latest posts

Latest posts