What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Experience with psoriasis?

Spaventa

Veteran
Oregano oil, few drops in the bath, 1 drop mixed with small amount moisturiser cream on affected areas after. Done that a few months and it’s gone.

soil margin

Veteran
Definitely seems to be something to the coconut as many people are mentioning it. I had horrible psoriasis on my stomach as a child. Eventually my mother tried adding 1tbsp of flax oil and coconut oil to my diet everyday and it went away, never had a problem again.

T

Teddybrae

I 'm not seeking to trivialise your experience or your cure ... but having "psoriasis" on your stomach while a child does not sound like Psoriasis to me. I understand Psoriasis manifests most often in adolescence and is not confined to any single part of the body. I hope you understand my criticism is not personal and is aimed at whomever gave the diagnosis ...

Definitely seems to be something to the coconut as many people are mentioning it. I had horrible psoriasis on my stomach as a child. Eventually my mother tried adding 1tbsp of flax oil and coconut oil to my diet everyday and it went away, never had a problem again.

soil margin

Veteran
I 'm not seeking to trivialise your experience or your cure ... but having "psoriasis" on your stomach while a child does not sound like Psoriasis to me. I understand Psoriasis manifests most often in adolescence and is not confined to any single part of the body. I hope you understand my criticism is not personal and is aimed at whomever gave the diagnosis ...

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/psoriasis/features/child-psoriasis

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319656.php

https://www.healthline.com/health/psoriasis/psoriasis-in-children

https://www.verywellhealth.com/psoriasis-in-kids-and-how-to-help-4171718

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3132900/

https://www.psoriasis.org/parents/about-psoriasis

Glad I could help correct your misunderstanding. No need to thank me.

budsnblunts

Veteran
I suffered from rosea psoriasis for awhile... sucks man... i was prescribed this cream to out on my whole body after a shower. It would peel my skin. Very uncomfortable. .. i think it was a three day treatment but it work fast and hard.

T

Teddybrae

Sounds like Steroid cream. Y'know, I reckon Medicine can be cruel ...
I suffered from rosea psoriasis for awhile... sucks man... i was prescribed this cream to out on my whole body after a shower. It would peel my skin. Very uncomfortable. .. i think it was a three day treatment but it work fast and hard.

budsnblunts

Veteran
I had a look around for it. The creams were Salicylic acid based... yeah it was uncomfortable but only half compared to the psoriasis.. your case sounded a step above ted ..

T

Teddybrae

Thanks for posting this! Seems to me the information in this thread is a good resource for Psoriasis sufferers ...

Has anyone tried Soriatane (Acitretin)? I found out about it on Canadian Pharmacy Online (I always use this site to read the info about meds). This medication is used in the treatment of severe psoriasis and other skin disorders. Of course, I won't use it without asking my doctor. I just want to know whether someone used it or not, and what was the result. Thanks in advance.

watts

ohms
Veteran
Good carbs are healthy to consume daily. It's mainly the gluten carbs that effect a lot of people and yea processed sugar/junk would be wise to avoid.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

My father in law has psoriasis, anyone that doesn't know it basically involves painful shedding of skin and rashes. He has some experience with cannabis in the past, and enjoyed/enjoys it to a degree, but he Is looking for something that will help with his skin.
I know more info would be helpfull here, I'll try to get it soon, but long story short, he had some sort of cannabis drops he had been given to take orally for fun, and tried running it on the skin that was giving him trouble. He said it helped a lot in reducing itchiness and irritation, and wants to try some other products in the same manner, but He would like to find something that won't get him high.
I assume a cbd oil of some kind is what he wants, just figured I'd check if anyone here has experience at relieving psoriasis with any kind of a cream or salve or tincture or anything? We are in California by the way. Thanks in advance.
Salt and cane sugar makes it come out hard for me but otherwise is non existent since I don't eat any salt at all now :)
Also too much bread will get it going. So i don't eat too much bread stuff.

As far as a topical oil I use Dr Sebi's Eva Salve plus I add in Rick Simpson Oil about a gram or 2 and mix it and its the best skin healing soothing pain relieving salve of all time.

Also Vinegar in water 3/10 mix soothes the skin and fixes the PH and kills most , if not all itching.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going to be looking at some of the natural therapies you guys have mentioned. Thanks for sharing!

Old Piney

According to all the research I’ve seen THC applied topically can't get you high. As I understand it because it is oil based it cannot enter the bloodstream to get to the brain. So just use what works on your skin .Also on another side note you can't test positive with a blood or urine test either. I'm thinking a nice 1 to 1 (thc cbd ) flower steeped in coconut oil

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks! That would be good to not get way medicated when using topical. From what I have seen, there is limited absorption of only about 15% cannabinoids applied topically compared to inhaled or ingested.

Do I need to decarboxylate at 200 F for 20 minutes or whatever it is, before mixing with coconut oil and applying to skin? I do have a surplus of flower, could give it a try.

The safe pharmaceuticals are few and far between. Trying to do a combination treatment with the prescription VTAMA topical cream, so it keeps it more under control.

Sitting in the sun, getting direct exposure to the psoriasis is very helpul. Also soaking for 10-20 minutes in an epsom salt bath at least every couple days can help.

I have used this hemp oil salve before, but I think it would do better with THC to reduce inflammation.

Oregano oil would smell really strong not sure if I'm going to try that.

https://enerhealthbotanicals.com/products/spagyric-hemp-oil-salve-1

• Almond Oil is a mild and soothing oil that is beneficial for skin due in part to its emollient properties, which help prevent water loss from the skin. Almond oil is also packed with vitamin E which may help protect the skin from sun damage.
  • Calendula Flower can help speed up the healing process of damaged skin and is soothing for inflamed skin.
  • Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, along with helping to moisturize and soothe skin, helps to ease inflammation and provides a protective barrier for healing skin.
  • Essential Oil of Lavender contributes natural discomfort-relieving properties to our salve. It can help to reduce inflammation and redness from irritation.

Description​

125 mg of Naturally Occurring Full Spectrum Hemp Extract
Our Spagyric Hemp Oil Salve is a potent and highly active hemp extract suspended in an amazing salve of non-GMO Almond Oil, Calendula Flower, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil and Essential Oil of Lavender. This topical treatment helps modulate inflammation, providing relief for cuts, scrapes, abrasions and other skin irritations. It even works wonders for muscle and joint discomfort.
We use our spagyric extraction process to create the most potent and active hemp blends available. Our Spagyric Hemp Oil Salve is made with ethically and organically grown, local Colorado hemp. It is non-psychoactive and like all Enerhealth Botanicals products is made with all-natural ingredients

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oregano oil, few drops in the bath, 1 drop mixed with small amount moisturiser cream on affected areas after. Done that a few months and it’s gone.
How was the smell on that oil? May not be too bad if you spread it out, once it dries. Thanks for sharing.

Old Piney

Eureka for pipe ! With my cbd coconut oil I do that decarboxylation thing I almost fill a mason jar full of flower, add oil to cover it put the lid on and screw the lid on loose and simmer in a pot of water do a few hours. I strain it out and to make it stronger I repeat using that oil and new flower. I think I'm gonna whip up some thc topical as well