What's new

New to Autoflowering. Any tips?

As far as transplanting an auto goes, I don't transplant. But what I do is use the cardboard roll from a roll of toilet paper. I put that in the center of my 2 gallon pot that I use to grow my plant. All the outer soil is a 50/50 mix of Bio-Bizz & Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. The toilet paper roll in the center has straight Bio-Biz & that is where I plant my seed. It makes the roots grow downward & the plant gets no nutrients until it reaches the bottom of the T.P. roll. Usually takes about 2 weeks. At that point I start watering all the soil instead of just watering inside the T.P. roll (water pH of 6.4). After about 6 weeks I use 1 tablespoon of molasses per gallon of water & pH to 6.4 for every watering & nothing else. I'm averaging 5 - 6 oz. per plant. Way better than the 1 - 2 oz. I use to get but still not as good as the 13 oz. the pro's get.
Right now I have 2 Huge Photo's flowering in a 4' x 8' tent (can't fit any more as they take up the entire tent). I have 1 Wipeout Express Auto in it's 4th week in a 2' x 4' tent & just started 6 more auto's (all different) last night that will get moved into the 4' x 8' tent in about 4 weeks.
The thing I found that makes the biggest difference in yield is controlling your VPD (Vapor Pressure Deficit) when growing indoors. In a room with temps above 90 F you have to add Co2 to get a nice yield or you'll get big buds with no weight & full of air (Been there / done that). Still great smoke, but what you thought was going to be 6 oz. only turns out to be 2 - 3 oz. because the buds are so light & airy. Keeping temps between 75 - 79 F with a RH between 50% - 65% is key to a good grow & harvest.
Personally, I water my photo's everyday with 1 gallon of water or nutes per plant; but I grow photo's in 10 gallon cloth pots & veg 8 weeks before switching to 12/12. My minimum yield is 10 oz. per plant.
On the Auto's I started last night I'll be using LST this time & hope to get more than 2 oz. as I haven't tried it with auto's yet. I will top 1 time also at the 4th node. Auto's are still new to me as I've only been growing them for the past 6 months so I am willing to experiment some to find out what works best.

Edit: In the last line I meant to say more than 6 oz. Mind is going faster then my typing.
2 oz. is what I got my 1st grow with auto's. This is the start of my 4th grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts