Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > What's wrong with my pepper plant?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
What's wrong with my pepper plant? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2018, 09:01 AM #11
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
So I haven't been watering the pepper plant at all and it is continuing to get the yellowing, spots, and crumpled leaves. Now my tomato plants that are beside it which where thriving are now showing similar spotting and leave yellowing which is indicative of a mosaic virus. I've grown tomatoes for years and never have seen this until the diseased pepper plant showed up. I'm new to peppers but not tomatoes, something is definitely up.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2018, 04:07 PM #12
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond repute
It might be a wilt…sorry, but I might pull the pepper plants, it may have come with them. No cure.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2018, 09:08 PM #13
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
The bubbling is calcium deficiency.

Check out thehotpepper.com
Mikell is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:39 PM #14
Bluto

Bluto has a spectacular aura aboutBluto has a spectacular aura aboutBluto has a spectacular aura aboutBluto has a spectacular aura aboutBluto has a spectacular aura about
No miracle grow. I'm from the SW chiles thrive is shitty well draining soil. The less water the hotter. In New Mexico we are fanatical about our chiles. Too much rain late ruins our harvest. We want hot New Mexico Chiles. Peace Dr. Xmas
Bluto is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:44 PM #15
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
what everyone else said, they like it dry

Old 07-09-2018, 10:36 PM #16
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
So an update on the pepper plant... It's still dying and looks like total shit. Cut back watering and leaves are continuing to yellow, get holes, shrivel up and drop off.

Last edited by JustSumTomatoes; 11-24-2018 at 09:45 AM..

Old 07-09-2018, 10:39 PM #17
JustSumTomatoes

Here is the pepper plant beside it. It's being given identical care and is in the same soil.

Last edited by JustSumTomatoes; 11-24-2018 at 09:46 AM..

Old 07-09-2018, 10:45 PM #18
JustSumTomatoes

My tomatoes (which were thriving until the pepper plant showed up) are showing signs of the same disease. I've grown tomatoes for years and never had this issue. The plant that was leaning up against the pepper plant has it the worst and has rotting fruit. The tomato plant beside it is stating to show the same symptoms. Everything I've read on tomatoes says it's a mosaic virus.

Last edited by JustSumTomatoes; 11-24-2018 at 09:48 AM..

Old 07-10-2018, 07:55 AM #19
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond repute
Google fusarium and verticillum wilt, and tomato spotted wilt virus.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 01:47 PM #20
JustSumTomatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterhaff View Post
Google fusarium and verticillum wilt, and tomato spotted wilt virus.
Looks just like the tomato spotted wilt virus. From what I read on it over 1000 species in over 85 families, including many vegetables, peanuts and tobacco can be hosts for it. Sounds and looks like a candidate for sure. Unfortunately there is no cure for it and it is very contagious with it being spread by direct contact or pest/insect vectors. It will eventually kill the infected plants.

Sadly I will have to cull my pepper plant and at least one of the tomatoes. The other tomato plant is holding out a bit and is still producing fruit so I'll give it a chance. Hopefully my healthy pepper plant won't get sick too.

Thanks for the info Betterhaff.