Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > Did Mary Jane make you a better gardener?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Did Mary Jane make you a better gardener? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2017, 07:33 PM #11
Jack T.Ripper

Jack T.Ripper has a spectacular aura aboutJack T.Ripper has a spectacular aura aboutJack T.Ripper has a spectacular aura aboutJack T.Ripper has a spectacular aura about
Should also mention; first seed I ever popped was Cannabis, at 14, under my bed.

I guess it never hurts to be an adolescent and Cannabis be the trigger that makes you want to grow anything in the first place.

Thanks Cannabis! Turns out it was you all along!

-Dwight Schrute
Jack T.Ripper is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2017, 07:42 PM #12
Jack T.Ripper

Jack T.Ripper has a spectacular aura aboutJack T.Ripper has a spectacular aura aboutJack T.Ripper has a spectacular aura aboutJack T.Ripper has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridbud View Post
Cart before the horse. Started gardening (veggies/herbs) with elders at age 8-9, then using those tricks (coffee grounds, compost), using same skill set for cannabis. In tandem over the decades, fruits of my labor!
Sounds like you had some great mentors for your childhood development of passion for growing. Kudos to the generations that kept that passion alive!

-Dwight Schrute
Jack T.Ripper is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2017, 11:53 PM #13
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant future
So many times this summer my whole family just hung out in the garden just smiling at each other eating fresh food right off the plant. Amongst the most gratifying experiences I can think of. Next level fun!
bigtacofarmer is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:37 AM #14
rangergord

rangergord has a spectacular aura aboutrangergord has a spectacular aura aboutrangergord has a spectacular aura about
Grew up weeding the the family garden on the homestead in the seventies. Started my first plants from Mexican sativa seeds at age 18. The experience of growing my own herb led me to vegetable gardening on my own everywhere I went. It was not until the internet took off in the nineties , I started indoor cannabis and was successful my first time around. After earning my phD in marijuana I went on to establish a permaculture homestead, moved into community and market gardening and now I run a backyard fruit tree nursery as well. So Yes!
rangergord is offline Quote

Old 11-23-2017, 06:24 AM #15
WelderDan

WelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant future
I always had a green thumb. Just a knack. We had gardens when I was a kid, so I learned about fertilizer and such. But cannabis taught me much more, like the importance of PH, the need for root space, watering and feeding schedules. But what I feel was the most important thing was how to read the plant. The plant will tell you what it needs, you just need to understand how to read it. When I figured that out, I also found it applies to everything that grows. It will tell you what it needs, you just have to understand what it's telling you.

Cherry Bomb x C99

"To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of Bullshit."

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
WelderDan is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:31 PM #16
Sivas

Sivas will become famous soon enoughSivas will become famous soon enough
Ganja started my interest for plants and growing, still remember the time a bought seeds from my schoolmate for the first time, and my first male plant Now I am lucky enough to have two gardens, my guerilla spots and the garden in the backyard of my house, sadly the times I could plant in the backyard are over :-( Some people just smoke for the fun, dont bother growing, to me growing is living, the plants I smoke and eat keep me healty.
peace.
Sivas is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2018, 04:14 PM #17
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Definitely.

Cannabis helped hundreds of thousands learn "high intensity growing."

Then when we give similar TLC to regular garden plants, they like it.

Also, some animals LOVE Cannabis. It is easy to eat, like ice-plant.

I find some chickens react to Cannabis the way they react to another favorite food, raw hamburger - or live insects.

Just go BERSERK. They don't react to any other plants the same way.

Especially if you are in the middle of something and put a Cannabis plant down in the driveway for a second. The birds come and show who is boss.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2018, 06:06 PM #18
green404
Banned

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, cannabis has a lot of cutting edge technology out there linked to it. I would not spend that amount of time and effort studying tomatoes, lol

Also I have had some great gardening revelations after smoking some herb and spending time in the outdoor garden. Watching plants sway in the breeze, bugs waging war on each other, differences in soil, light, moisture, etc. Just taking the time and reflection to notice small things that I normally don't.
green404 is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2018, 06:07 PM #19
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Hard work and learning about soil chemistry & biology helped me become better gardener.

There's no shortcuts in anything worth having.

So do some researching and get some dirt under your fingernails.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2018, 06:18 PM #20
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
I think growing Cannabis has given me a better appreciation for growing anything, but it is hard for me to say that what I learned growing Cannabis, improved my gardening skills over all...
MrBungle is offline Quote