What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenleaf Megacrop

kunkgrow

I dont understand how can this one part be stable as a stock solution.
Calcium and Magnesium won't go together in concentrated form without precipitation.
Unless they're not using mag sulphate.

JJ Lowe

I just received a big bag the other day and have been messing around with stock solutions for dosatron use. We mixed up a 50x mixture in a clear glass gallon jug for evaluation. The mixture settles a bit and will easily mix back up with a simple shake. We plan on mixing a 25gallon stock 50x solution for use with a single dosatron and adding a small pump to mix the solution only while feeding. It would be nice to see a 2 part powder from GL, similar to jacks or vegbloom dos.
I’m looking forward to trying out the 1 part though..

Been pretty busy the past few months, we do not have an official sponsorship with International Cannagraphic yet so we do not post here that often. Been working on a slightly modified formula of MEGA CROP, to improve Magnesium deficiencies (the most common problem people were reporting), and improve slightly a few other things like boosting PK. Should be out early December, and we will run FREE product giveaway here and do an announcement so anyone can get a free pack of the update formula.

About the people mentioning that the mix will be uneven with fine powders and "balls," its really not an issue as people seem to be making it. Its only an issue of getting an uneven mix if you are mixing very small batches at a time (like less than 1-2 gallons). In that case, you can mix up stock solution like 10-20x concentration which will ensure an even mix even for the smallest gardens! :cathug:

ive asked at my local hydro shops and they have never heard of Megacrop!

can i be the vendor to these shops in socal?

i have been using the product now for 4 months and its doing better than the house and garden a&b i was using.

ive got 2 grows here with megacrop nutes..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8341029#post8341029

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352000
yeah, sure thing. Contact us for more details! We have a few programs available
greenleaf@greenleafnutrients.com

couldnt agree more about the "balls" seperating an floating to the top.

Greenleaf, the balls are Calicum nitrate fertilizer? digging the dial in calculator.
Yes, they are Calcium Nitrate. Its all water soluble so just wait a few minutes for it to dissolve in
I dont understand how can this one part be stable as a stock solution.
Calcium and Magnesium won't go together in concentrated form without precipitation.
Unless they're not using mag sulphate.
We have a special formulation technology to make it 1 part and prevent/dissuade calcium binding issues with the magnesium sulfate, that's one of the great things about MEGA CROP, our tech is a few years ahead of everyone else right now.

I just received a big bag the other day and have been messing around with stock solutions for dosatron use. We mixed up a 50x mixture in a clear glass gallon jug for evaluation. The mixture settles a bit and will easily mix back up with a simple shake. We plan on mixing a 25gallon stock 50x solution for use with a single dosatron and adding a small pump to mix the solution only while feeding. It would be nice to see a 2 part powder from GL, similar to jacks or vegbloom dos.
I’m looking forward to trying out the 1 part though..
Looks good! We did 100x concentration on our farm this summer, worked very well with no buildup. It is recommended to run a circulation pump with any concentrate fertilizer formula that has multiple ingredients (such as MEGA CROP) to prevent settling in layers and getting an even injector draw.

We had it setup so our drip system would run 4x per day, and the circulation pump timer would run 4x per day only at the same time the irrigation system was going, so the pump only needs to be on for 5 seconds really to get a good stir and even everything up.

Greenleaf Megacrop, 1 gram per 1 Liter of RO water, ppm:

NH4-N --- 7
NO3-N --- 89.43
Urea --- 0.65
P --- 37.94
K --- 197.49
Ca --- 35.93
Mg --- 18.98
Na --- 8.95
Cl --- 11.81

S --- 7.15
Fe --- 1.98
Mn --- 0.5
B --- 0.53
Cu --- 0.01
Zn --- 1.87
Mo --- 0.09
Al --- 0

ALK 17.19
pH 5.71
EC 1.04

N Dizzle

Been using Mega Crop in a Flo n Gro ebb and flow system with Growstones. Also feeding mother plants in peat based medium. I love it, and so do the plants. It's also fairly ph stable. Might have to adjust ph once per week.

I have used GH 3 part, Botanicare Kind, and Pure Blend Pro, plus others. Mega Crop is right on par with or better than those lines. Way easier to use and much cheaper. Good stuff.

JJ Lowe

Finished up our first full run with mc.
Dtw coco, ~700ppm from the dosatron, another 150ppm of koolbloom week 4-6. Flushed week 7&8.

**disclaimer- we added great white to this run for the first time, some of our success could have been partly due to that, doubtful though as we’ve ran bennies multiple times over the past few years with no real obvious benefits.

Overall, we are very pleased with the MC. Just received bag#2 and gonna try out their bloom booster as well

Pros: cheap!
1 bag lasted a full 5k flower run as well as the veg/mom room for 2 months, hell I even hit my landscaping several times with it.
We ran some of our regular strains we’ve had for years,
They finished up denser with a stronger nose for sure, yields were slightly up as well.
Simple, one part mix(minus the kB)

Cons: it gets a bit gunky as a stock solution after 10-12 days, not too bad though. We just mix stock solutions every 10 days now.
It would be nice to have this in a 2 part option similar to VB dos or the jacks. Again, no real complaints.

Summary- high end, high price nutrients are overrated (IMO) try this shit out, for real.. you won’t be disappointed..

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finished up our first full run with mc.
Dtw coco, ~700ppm from the dosatron, another 150ppm of koolbloom week 4-6. Flushed week 7&8.

**disclaimer- we added great white to this run for the first time, some of our success could have been partly due to that, doubtful though as we’ve ran bennies multiple times over the past few years with no real obvious benefits.

Overall, we are very pleased with the MC. Just received bag#2 and gonna try out their bloom booster as well

Pros: cheap!
1 bag lasted a full 5k flower run as well as the veg/mom room for 2 months, hell I even hit my landscaping several times with it.
We ran some of our regular strains we’ve had for years,
They finished up denser with a stronger nose for sure, yields were slightly up as well.
Simple, one part mix(minus the kB)

Cons: it gets a bit gunky as a stock solution after 10-12 days, not too bad though. We just mix stock solutions every 10 days now.
It would be nice to have this in a 2 part option similar to VB dos or the jacks. Again, no real complaints.

Summary- high end, high price nutrients are overrated (IMO) try this shit out, for real.. you won’t be disappointed..

Im a hydro grower, not pleased with the dark color as it stains aero roots, making i hard to see tiny root hairs

FYI, NPK RAW makes a very nice 2 part dry powder mix

chronosync

Well-stoned member
my stock solution grew green mold on the surface after about four or five days. It was probably enough for at least 20 gallons. I'm not sure, I think I used twenty 1/4 tsp in a quart bottle

maybe I should have shaken it back in and used it anyway but I'm having problems with my plants and I cant take any chances right now.

***edit***
I have determined the problem to be user error not a product flaw. I have been using stock solutions now for awhile and its working out fine. No problems.

Last edited:

JJ Lowe

I use 2 full solo cups in a 5 gallon bucket. We run adjustable dosatrons and adjust the flow as needed. Works great, plants never looked better..

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
my stock solution grew green mold on the surface after about four or five days. It was probably enough for at least 20 gallons. I'm not sure, I think I used twenty 1/4 tsp in a quart bottle

maybe I should have shaken it back in and used it anyway but I'm having problems with my plants and I cant take any chances right now.

Just had this happen to me in just 4 days but it was just normal feed solution and not a concentrate. Mines ended up being brownish (algae/mold?) and I know It didn't come from my room since I also had it happen to a gallon in an air tight jug. I also didn't want to risk it so I ended up dumping it. May I add that the feed solution had a circulation pump to keep the water from getting stagnant AND I use 0ppm RO water.

Question: I would like to add bleach to keep the rez sterile instead of h2o2 since bleach last longer. Will the Chlorine/bleach react with the fulvic(?) acids and create toxins?

Last edited:

Goats

Just had this happen to me in just 4 days but it was just normal feed solution and not a concentrate. Mines ended up being brownish (algae/mold?) and I know It didn't come from my room since I also had it happen to a gallon in an air tight jug. I also didn't want to risk it so I ended up dumping it. May I add that the feed solution had a circulation pump to keep the water from getting stagnant AND I use 0ppm RO water.

Question: I would like to add bleach to keep the rez sterile instead of h2o2 since bleach last longer. Will the Chlorine/bleach react with the fulvic(?) acids and create toxins?

hmm, this is weird. i have no doubt that this is happening to you guys, i just don't know how... my buddy mixes a bucket of MC for a week's worth of feedings and has never had anything grow in the bucket, even without an air stone or anything keeping it aerated outside of when he feeds by hand.

are the containers you're using light-proof? algae?

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
hmm, this is weird. i have no doubt that this is happening to you guys, i just don't know how... my buddy mixes a bucket of MC for a week's worth of feedings and has never had anything grow in the bucket, even without an air stone or anything keeping it aerated outside of when he feeds by hand.

are the containers you're using light-proof? algae?

I'm using a Clear container, jk. Yes I'm using a light proof rez, and my temps are cool.

We have been pretty busy for the past 3-4 months rolling out the new formula updates for 2019. MEGA CROP 2.0 is officially live now as of December 15 2018.

We are doing a promo for forums only this week, to try the new formula of 750g size FREE + shipping cost only. Hope you can all try it and check out some of the updates!

bitmap750.jpg

version 2.0. !

still got 9kgs of the first version !
So, some people were noticing Magnesium issues with the older formula, depending on strain/lighting/medium, beyond what we initially anticipated. So, with the new upgraded MEGA CROP, it has more Magnesium (and chelated Calcium) which should greatly reduce anyones need to add CalMag supplements.

Also, the other issue people had was too much N for flowering, so we boosted the PK, and did not boost the N. So, its the equivalent of having a PK boosted added into the new formula, so it performs better in Bloom/Flower without needing anything else.

So, we are just working to make it the best product that we can think of, and will do annual updates as needed. Although we are pretty happy with the current state, so we won't make any changes if they aren't needed!

So about your old formula, is still the core MEGA CROP good formula, but mainly with added Mag and PK (which wasn't even a problem for most people)

Latest posts

Latest posts