What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

heirloom strawberries

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
just got a new strain ...its called WHITE PINE BERRY...its supposed to taste just like pineapple and grow white berries....supposedly its fading out and a local organic nursery is trying to preserve it...anyone else grown it /heard of it...yeehaw ..will report back when its grown out and I have tried some.....

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
thanks man...yeehaw...I still think pineapple tasting berries would be cool..even with small yield and fruit...maybe why its fading out around here..you shure cant buy em in stores which is why I am growing them...

Resin23

I just looked them up they are beautiful! Post pics when you get them! And you can eat them if you are allergic to strawberries, cool shit. Have you seen the Purple Wonder variety?

Coughie

They need a little shade;
They're normally white, but its either too much sun or left to ripen too long, they'll start to turn pink

I cant remember which, but I'm pretty sure its too much sun..

I plan on picking some up, myself, just havent yet

gardener60

Quinault Strawberry Plants

Quinault Strawberry Plants

I am going to plant two Quinault Strawberry plants tomorrow they are some pretty good everbearing strawberries. I had some planted in 5 gallon buckets outside and now i will put some in a DWC tote to see how they grow hydroponically.

I saw these for sale at a local walmart .... at first they look like underipped strawberries... but they are indeed white genitically...

Theres also pink blueberries

R

Rubber Chicken

Has anyone grown Musk Strawberries?
I have some seeds in the freezer that i will germinate soon.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
...my plants are stuck in stupid..haven't grown an inch actually lost some leaves..awaiting spring is my guess....the clover that came in the pots is however doing great lol..will check out link...yeehaw..back east I had huge square strawberry beds 3 layers up ..set up with wood framing and filled with peat mostly..with irrigation setup

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I saw these strawberries at Home Depot last year.

If you can find the "Oregon 1030" cultivar, you can grow nice raspberries in San Diego.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Id skip the orange rassberries unless you like sweet berries. Im bought them to see what they are like and I wish I had went with a sour Red variety instead.

Upside being a novelty and now that I have built up some stock they have became a nice barter item. It has gotten me a few blackberry plants and a few other goodies..

snake11

I have about ten of these pine berries growing myself. I didnt get them till the end of the summer so no berries last year but I am looking forward to them this summer!!

westtexas

Thank stoned trout.... Started my berries about two weeks ago... Will be posting a grow diary of twelve plants and 24 tomatoes plants if I can get it put together ...peace bro