What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Friend is allergic to THC please help

coldcanna

Veteran
I have a friend who suffers from fibromyalgia and is prescribed a cocktail of all the big-pharma nasties. She tried using mmj a couple times and found that she became sick and the pain got worse, I suspect that either the psychoactive effects of THC amplified the pain or she is actually allergic to THC. I want to create some medicine for her with raw material that has not been decarbed and after research I'm looking at QWET or simply juicing the plant. Can anyone chime in on recipes, dosages, general experience with such issues please, I really don't know where to begin here. Thank you !

Also, is CBD available in cold extracts or does that need to be decarbed as well?

coldcanna

Veteran
Yes she has tried edibles, anything that would make us "high" is no good for her. Again I don't know if being stoned makes her focus on the pain or if its a medical allergy, no way of knowing. Just that when she has smoked or used edibles it make her condition feel worse. I was wondering if a tea made with QWET and mint would delivery a nice dose of thca and cbd to maybe ease some of the pain. Fibro is listed as a pschyologically linked disorder and many medicines are used, including; anti depressants, anti seizure, opiods, ect. I know that mmj has been a worthy replacement for these drugs in other settings I just need to try a "cold extract" so to speak as to not activate the thc.

snake11

What symptoms of an allergic reaction does she have?? Allergies typically have a physical reaction such as hives, itching, swelling, ect.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
^Where are you buying oils online?

My wife suffers from fibro. She would be taking the potent cocktail of fuckery the pharma wants to shove down her throat if it wasn't for the good ole weed.

My guess is your friend hasn't smoked very much or maybe just started. I would find some mid grade, which shouldn't be to hard seems like everything is midgrade these days, and have her take just one hit. See how that does and if she's ok, another hit. Needs to build up a tolerance of some kind. Being allergic to THC is rare. Maybe she is though. I think it is worth the go at it because cannabis is the number one best remedy for fibro.

Being that fibro is psychological, it very well could be the herb is magnifying it for her because she isn't used to being high. Best of luck to you both!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
drug interactions can do that...imo, particularly opoids, ssri's, ANTI-DEPRESSANTS.

i second trying CDB oil...

Big-Narstie

There's many outlets but oil from the guys who does the Charlotte's web or elite cannabis dot com do some research I've not ordered any myself so I cant personally suggest any particular but these are definitely respected. U can get all different strains strengths n whistles so do some reading but cbd is also a tool to moderate high thc strains/levels. Something your friend may very well do with!!

Just reading up on some of the reviews on high cbd oils is astonishing to say the least..
Like poor lil Charlotte plus many more 1000's of folk now.