What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any beard x-perts???

i should be as i never really shave....i just wack it w a #1 clipper weekly-ish

well im gonna grow it out for a year or so....but it's gotta look good.....and prolly the best beard ive seen is on bering sea gold on ian foster:

ian-foster-bio-300x300.jpg

any tips on pulling that off.....maybe a lil shorter around the mouth tho

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
well i do have a phd in beardology but this is a little below me.. i would suggest that where you want it shorter shave that more in the beginning and then let it all grow..

S

SeaMaiden

Do it like Epic Beard Man, and then you, too, will be epic. Or have an epic beard. Man.

Adze

mountain_goat

Like most things here, it's all genetics! You either have them or you don't. That, and patience, cus it takes time to grow.....

Ruosk

Yeah, not anyone can grow an epic beard. But to give it a try, just let it grow, eat well (this is important - with righ diet your hair, beard and nails grow much faster) and finally trim your beard. I've noticed in my years of growing facial hair that it doesn't grow equally at all parts but needs to be clipped here and there to allow slower growing parts to catch up. Congratulations for deciding to become an owner of pure awesome manliness that is a proper beard.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
try to keep it organic...
DO NOT FOLIAR FEED A.N. to your beard!!!
also if you do get mites don't try azamax.
proper trim for beard appeal.
hopefully you dont have one of those hard mode 180 flowering beard strains?
if for some reason you need more canopy coverage try FIM.

seriously though prenatal vitamins will make your hair grow well!
i do locks of love every three years and manage 17" each time. right after the big chop i do prenatals for a month or two to kick start the new crop.

G

greenmatter

your fixation with hair seems kinda .... :crazy:

good luck with the new crop

stay safe

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gotta let it grow untrimmed for quite a bit in the beginning, if you want to get the proportions you like best. Shaping a beard when the whiskers are miniscule frequently results in a less than ideal shape...let 'er go until the whiskers are about 1/2" in length, then start shaping.

Everybody wants to have the "ideal beard," with all the hairs in all the right places. Very few guys have this perfect layout of whiskers. Embrace your whisker pattern....most others won't be expecting your face to have a perfect beard and they will easily appreciate the interesting and unique way your beard looks. Once you live with your particular whisker pattern for a while, I guarantee it will.....gotta say it, "grow on you!"

Here is a website that gives some helpful pointers on beards, trimming, and tons of photos for the many beard shapes that are possible.

http://www.beards.org/

I think it was on this site that I got one of the most important pieces of advice on beard trimming...how to trim the neck line. If you mess up this part, your beard will not look good, and I have seen SO FUCKING MANY dudes fuck this part up. Most guys trim the neck line way too high.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
At 32 I still can't grow a bloody beard, a few whiskers on my chin and a couple of patchy bits where sideburns would be, oh and the beginnings of a patchy neckbeard....
If I could grow a beard I would grow me a Chopper or a Lemmy.
At best I look like Snot from family guy.

hayday

Veteran
^Or love it...
I couldn't grow a beard until I was 50.
The summer of 2010 was so fucking hot I couldn't shave anymore without a ton of pain.
I haven't looked back since.I suck at trimming my beard but it's mine.Wifey diggs it,dog don't care.

unspoken

You pretty much just have to let it go then trim it with scissors into the shape you want ime. You know the awkward stage when growing the hair on your head long? There's not really any way around the awkward stage my man. Just man up and power through. Hemp oil and conditioner are your friend.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
I guess it depends on the woman a lot too. You'd be surprised how many enjoy a NICE beard.

You got that right.

My beard is not an epic beard (a short Van Dyke actually), but the missus won't even let me shave it.

pokearound

Unspoken speaks the truth. Just let it grow and regularly trim with scissors.
I've worn a beard for almost 20 years now and it never looks "perfect". I snip at it almost daily with the scissors I leave at the sink.

A word to anyone just starting a beard, You must let it go for at least 6 weeks to realize it's full potential, it's full filling in. Just my experience.