Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > I love the hottest peppers!

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
I love the hottest peppers! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2010, 12:55 AM #21
organicgreen0

organicgreen0 is on a distinguished road
Everyone's peppers are looking great!

I have scoured the internet for detailed nutrient requirements for peppers but have not found much other than high N and P. So i've decided to use similar methods as cannabis.

My soil mix is OBBT proportions because once the seedlings are big enough to transplant they are going into OBBTs.

~50% Happy Frog
~25% Coco coir (rinsed 3 times and treated with Calmg+ and lemon juice in the 3rd rinse)
~12.5% Perlite
~12.5% Vermiculite

For nutes i pre-mixed in (per 5 gallons soil)
1 cup blood meal
1 cup high P bat guano
2 cup biotone starter plus
1 tbs epson salt
2 tbs lime

I have been watering with carbon filtered tap water with the PH taken down with some lemon juice, i have slightly alkaline tap water (8ish). Then about every 4th water ill add some calmg+ and liquid kelp following the label for amounts. The last time i did that they really seemed to have a growth spurt. They also are very sensitive to over watering. I will wait till they are so dry looking that i am scared to wait another day, then wait that extra day to water and they really like it.

Right now I have the seedlings under two 26w 6500K PL-c bulbs. I was planning on putting them under 4 26w 2700k PL-c when i transplant them into the OBBT buckets but i recently read that peppers preferred the blue end of the spectrum. I don't know how true this is so i might experiment a little.

Any thoughts on light requirements?
organicgreen0 is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2010, 12:58 AM #22
guest2012y
Living with the soil

guest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of light
Nice thread! I picked up some run-of-the mill Habanero and Jalapeno starts today.
Good stuff!

Topsoil in the soil mix
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=153542

Provider for cardholders organic medicine and organic medicated edibles..."we're primed and we're ready to go toe to toe with disease"
guest2012y is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2010, 01:25 PM #23
BoomBoom

BoomBoom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Cheeze1 View Post
Nice thread! I picked up some run-of-the mill Habanero and Jalapeno starts today.
Good stuff!
Have you done before or did we inspire you?!
BoomBoom is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2010, 01:35 PM #24
mriko
Green Mujaheed

mriko is a splendid one to beholdmriko is a splendid one to beholdmriko is a splendid one to beholdmriko is a splendid one to beholdmriko is a splendid one to beholdmriko is a splendid one to beholdmriko is a splendid one to beholdmriko is a splendid one to beholdmriko is a splendid one to beholdmriko is a splendid one to beholdmriko is a splendid one to behold
Forget Bhut Jolokia, now the strongest chilli pepper in the world is from...Grantham in UK ! it's called the Infinity and was measured at 1,067,286 (Bhut J is 1,041,427).

Irie !
"To forbid or even seriously to restrict the use of so gracious an herb as hemp would cause widespread suffering and annoyance and to large bands of worshipped ascetics, deep-seated anger. It would rob the people of a solace in discomfort, of a cure in sickness, of a guardian whose gracious protection saves them from the attacks of evil influences, and whose mightly power makes the devotee of the Victorious, overcoming the demons of hunger and thirst, of panic, fear, of the glamour of Maya or matter, and of madness, able in rest to brood on the Eternal, till the Eternal,possessing him body and soul, frees him from the haunting of self and receives him into the Ocean of Being." Indian Hemp Drugs Commission

"Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

"I can, I shall and in the future I will have done" C. Montgomery Burns
mriko is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2010, 07:04 PM #25
guest2012y
Living with the soil

guest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of lightguest2012y is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
Have you done before or did we inspire you?!
Hi,my name is CC1 and I have a problem with hot peppers.

I use them on almost everything,and it is anything I can get. Mostly what's available for the quick fix.
Once in a while at the Farmers Market I'll find a cool variety.

The little red Thai peppers are handy....they work well for me because I can just pluck a few when you need to without cutting a larger pepper.
Not putting a lot of time in the garden this year as far as peppers go....BIZZY doing herb stuff.

Topsoil in the soil mix
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=153542

Provider for cardholders organic medicine and organic medicated edibles..."we're primed and we're ready to go toe to toe with disease"
guest2012y is offline Quote

Old 05-20-2010, 11:58 PM #26
Moonshine*
Rare Dankness

Moonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to beholdMoonshine* is a splendid one to behold
Much praise for growing those super hot types!!!

I dabble in growing a few peppers every year.

No crazy hot ones like the nagas or bhut.

This year in the garden:

Caribbean Red
Cherry Bomb
Kung Pao
Red Cayenne
Sandia
Santa Fe Grande
Gypsy
Purple Beauty
May 2012 - HighTimes "Strongest Strain on Earth" - OG GhostTrain Haze #1
Dec 2012 - HighTimes "Top 10 strains of the year" - OG GhostTrain Haze #1
2nd place - 2012 HighTimes Cannabis Cup - Seed Co Hash. "Tangerine Compound"
3rd place - 2012 HighTimes Cannabis Cup - Seed Co Hybrid. "Rug Burn OG"
1st Place - 2013 Best of the Best Michigan Medical MJ Report competition. (also highest THC test for comp) "Scott's OG"
2nd place - 2013 High Times Medical Cup Los Angeles Sativa. Ghost Train Haze #1 grown by Kyle Kushman
2013 High Times Top 10 Hazes of All time. Ghost Train Haze #1

www.raredankness.com
Moonshine* is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2010, 09:01 AM #27
Herbal extasy