What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what is the most euphoric strains you have tried?

Croissant

All to often I hear people judging the high of cannabis by its potency. While i am more curious about the qualities of the high. People will often compare two strains and they will say xx is better its way stronger. Me my favorite qualities of the high are 1. euphoria 2. anti-anxiety 3. depth-complexity 4. clead head lucidity 5. enhanced senses. In this thread though i would like to focus on euphoria and 2 as criteria they seem to be tied together but with an emphasis on 1! It seems you cant have 1 without 2 but can have 2 without 1.\

Q: What is euphoric

A:
well i think these things are in some ways subjective. I am by no means the defenitive authority on euphoria but i know what I find euphoric. Some poeple find mind and body numbing narcotic indica highs very euphoric i really dont understand why myself. I think the heavy feeling that forces them to actually feel it is comforting in replacing whatever it is they might feel or lack feeling otherwise. bubblegum is rather euphoric and somewhat couchlock. I think the center indicas provide can be comforting and grounding. While some sativas can produce effects that can border or be full on psychadelic with no center which can be terrifying for some. but euphoria for me is a trait in of itself that a number of other smaller details can sum up to. I tend to find most euphoric strains really open up chakras in my belly and heart, even my limited experience with a euphoric centerless sativa acheived this. I think synchronizing clarity between your gut and heart is euphoric be it indica, sativa, or hybrid. On that same note if you have a gut wrenching bout of paranoia it may be hard to just let go and acheive that synchronicity, not that it isnt possible. So I find strains that are clear headed and anti anxiety tend to be easier to experience the potential euphoria a strain my provide.

Some strains I found euphoric in no particular order

blueberry- the blueberry muffin pheno
- very complex high not so potent yet a very potent euphoric anti anxiety effect with gentle waves of warm positive energy massaging my core and flowing to the rest of my body in gentle waves. extremely euphoric.

bubbleberry-
- permagrin ear to ear happy weed very giggly, energetic, clear headed, a little white noise not overlypotent very functional great taste. Lowish ceiling and not a very complex high.

yumboldt-
very centered and relaxing stress and worries melt away a bit lazy great depth and complexity to the high very nice citrus taste and smell clear headed. Things seem to slow down. strong anti-anxiety properties. Warm euphoric belly that spreads in waves.

bubblegum-
nice potency and depth not as complex as blueberry or yumboldt. great taste and flavor. a heavy happy high. somehwat couchlock. everyone always likes it but not a favorite for most ime.

white rhino-
nice grounded feeling very relaxing. takes the edge off of things pretty clearheaded. a nice escape while not being narcotic.

afwreck-
less euphric than other mentioned strains. amazing taste and scent fruity funky and complex. nice depth and complexity of high. clear head. Stress relief good body yet energizing. very nice bag appeal. heavy yeilds and fast finish.

bannana- rare clone only
very clear,lucid and uplifting no center at all. smells and tastes like a bannana starburst but less sweet. very potent sativa. But not at all narcotic. You begin to question if you are high at all or just really really high. at which point some people freak out and dont associate it with being high. very little body high but can be felt in joints or in the lack of center. skin feels tingly. very trippy high.

Romulan- special cut in the pnw
Ive tried maybe 5 different romulans but this one was on a different level completely. The most complex high i have come across. amazing depth. feels like embarking on an adventure as the high dawns upon you. very strong and unique smell and flavor like unknown fruit with purfume and spruce beer flavor and smell. the buds were fluffy bluish green with very long and skinny rust collored hairs pointed colas. clearish head, feels like your floating,uplifting, nice warm center with waves of goodnes flowing though the body. very antianxeity. promoted deep thought while being very present. enhances all sensations. very relaxing. philisophical and conemplative awe inspiring. like rolling together 3 or 4 different amazing kinds a bud into a salad joint.

unknown pinneaple weed from arcata
extremely uplifting and anti anxeity, colors seem lighter. very euphoric. energetic and very clear. amazing flavor andsmell of pinneaple spot on. just happy in general. floating on cloud 9. very lucid. moderate potency but the qualities it possesed were very strong in effect.

cali-o
good flavor and smell, nice happy buzz somehwat vibratory. heavyish but not very potent at all. nice conversational weed. somthing seemed lacking. good but not great. but you sure miss it when its gone.

apollo 11-
very clear head light happy light decent body. very unique high. enhancing and uplifting. not very complex or much depth. citrus lemon flavor and scent. not very euphoric at all imo, well at least compare to the other strains on my list. perhaps the most functional strain their is.

mendo purps-
amazing bag apeal taste smell. very purple almost black. veryfluffy. not very potent. purple smell and taste of incesnce, purfume and flowers. very uplifting and anti-anxiety. light body clear head. very special.

g13 x sourdeisel
good potency. clear head. grapefruit sour metallic and cumin smell no cumin flavor. very diiferent high than most. but short lived. good body anti anxiety euphoric center. lucid. but something was missing. lack of depth. very nice bag appeal.

I would say the blueberry, romulan, and unknown pinneaple were my top 3 favorite smokes of all time.
:rasta:

Last edited:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Euphoric Strains

Euphoric Strains

Hi Croissant,

I like euphoric strains too. I always try to stay away from any indica influence.

Strains I have tried are:

Jamaica

This was a commercial weed that was grown outdoors. Very uplifting, and very visual. I have a weed of the same name from Hemcy Seed Company, but I haven't grown it out yet.

Jock Horor

Nirvana's version of Jack Herer, very uplifting. No hint of indica in the high, although it is a three-way cross between Haze, Skunk #1 and Afghan.

Thai

Another commercial weed, from Thailand. The high was a little more confusing, but very up.

I

icon

MY TOP 3

Blueberry
Ive been looking for that blueberry muffin pheno but dont know which blueberry strain/seed co has it. I read nirvana's blue mystic has a blueberry muffin pheno.
Blueberry is definatley one of the most euphoric & satisfying strains ive ever smoked.

Mandala#1
euphoric & anti-anxiety.Everytime i feel a panick attack coming on this is what i smoke , with in 30 seconds i calm down & feel comfortable & relaxed. clear headed & all my senses are enhanced but never feels overwhelming.Light giggles ,happy thoughts & big smiles when smoked in larger quantities.
Potency is a 6-7 but high is a 10 - i love it!

White Widow
gave me a feeling of euphoria & warmth all through out my body almost like a bodygasm.Very relaxing makes you want to take a kitty nap.Definatly an anti-anxiety effect that made everything in life feel all good. Potency 8

duddits

So far for me was dj's original blueberry. Narcotic high without the narcotic, a healing high. smoked some after cleaning myself out and the feeling physically was like what you feel in a jet when you are speeding down the runway about to take off. The high was like clean acid. good stuff

Croissant

idk mr. fiskars i would gt herb from this guy that always had the best and we all knew this was something special that romulan. He just said "this ones really special" i proceeded to buy the rest he was willing to sell but he kept the rest as head stash. we even tried to buy more together but his guy didnt want to let it go either. he sold some purple urkle for cheaper because he wanted the romulan for head. subcools strain the flav claims to use a special romulan from the pnw but is it the same idk for sure. It instantly became anyone who smoked its new best smoke ever everyone i smoked it with at least.

that bannana is a clone only that i know existed 3 years ago by 1 dude in arcata. He was very proud to have it and he was planning to cross it to strawberry blond or cough and call that strawberry bannana. idk if that guy still has it. it is a very rare one the yeild is shit so i was told, also it wasnt popular in socal when i brought it down, people are not used to non indicaish highs and preferred train wreck, although i and others felt bannana was as potent than train wreck even more but was absent of the qualities most associated with being high. hopefully its gettin passed around its a very special one like your in a dream but you really question if your in a dream or not. LOL i smoked a friend out with it and he figured he was really dreaming and had become lucid of his dream and said "Im dreaming!" and raised his arms up to fly!! I was on the floor laughing and he still was not fully convinced he wasnt dreaming for maybe 5 minutes after. But a few others thought that it wasnt very potent then later when the "realization" hit they freaked out one person started hyperventilating and demanded they go to the hospital or they were going to call 911. some other people were kind of in denial of it and kept saying they didnt feel much but i saw them at moments questioning reality then saying to themself "naw naw" i would be what are you talking about and he was like "its aiight, dawg but I thought you were gonna bring danker than that." too many people wanted to seem tough and because its so clear and lucid they just played it off. bannanas high is sureal. Its dream weed.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Croissant, whose Blueberry, Yumbolt, Bubbleberry and Bubblegum are you talking about?

Mandala #1 sounds nice but of course finding them right now seems difficult at best.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
just want to testify here - most euphoric strains ive had were bubblegum and blueberry.

definitely stick out in my mind..

ngakpa

Veteran
definitely also a fan of euphoric strains --- your post explains it pretty well too

most euphoric would probably be

Triple Treat from Afropips --- DP Blueberry x Sweet Tooth #3 green pheno x Malawi Gold

I would also check out Sam Skunkman's Original Haze x Kerala if I was you

for clarity and up --- veeeery clear --- was a pure Highland Thai a friend of a friend grew out

many Himalayan strains are supremely euphoric --- esp. eastwards from Himachal through to Nepal ---- also Kashmiri sativa twists I hear great things about though have never tried (I'm not talking about the ghee patties some dumb fucks even smuggled back to the UK once)

anything with African or South Asian background ought to come close to what you are looking for --- I made a hack cross of Leda Uno x Nigerian Afghan which had a very up high too

in the world of hashish it is jungli handrub from the Himalaya which I found has the most staggeringly euphoric buzz

Last edited:

Croissant

hey virgin you know idk i tried all these in arcata over a five year period. the yumboldt was seeds from sagamartha gotten right when they came out. I smoked the keeper pheno from the second run, idk how many seeds they ran to find it. bubbleberry i am pretty sure was from sagamartha too. I got blueberry a few times and the first time it was slightly different; i got it from traveling kids each time and they were always from oregon or had just come from there. the bubblegum was from clone. Most people seemed to grow from clones so its hard to tell where it first came from especially as a custy.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Croissant said:
the yumboldt was seeds from sagamartha gotten right when they came out.
I don't know much about Yumbolt other than I can infer it's a northern cali strain with some flavor. Interesting you say it's euphoric because I saw a strain called G-Bolt- Pacific G13 x Yumbolt and combined that must be one stress free strain. I kind of thought it was a sativa but maybe not.

Croissant

himalayan strains... interesting any one working seedline with himilayen strains?
also are the buds seeded in the himalayas? are they wild or cultivated?

also mandala1 sounds soo good i cant wait untill they are up and running again mandala that is.

RasJay727

I seriously advised you all to try DinaFem's BlueHash, this is one of the best highs you will ever have, only weed i can smoke morning,day, and night.

Other than that, an early harvested Skunk Special will suprise alot of people, give it a try.
:ying:

ngakpa

Veteran
Croissant said:
himalayan strains... interesting any one working seedline with himilayen strains?
also are the buds seeded in the himalayas? are they wild or cultivated?

also mandala1 sounds soo good i cant wait untill they are up and running again mandala that is.

in the Himalayan region people mostly make charas/hashish from seeded plants --- seeds are eaten for food and used for next years crop

there are a few regions in and around the Eastern Himalaya where seedless ganja is produced --- from Nepal eastwards ganja culture (as opp. charas) is more prevalent

there are both wild and cultivated strains in the region --- strictly speaking they are all Cannabis indica in the Karl Hillig sense

Satori, Nepalese Jam, Nemesis --- a few crosses I can think of which use Himalayan genetics.... I think White Widow also contains some North Indian genes

Last edited:

Romalin

most straight up euphoric smokes for me (for me now, this is personal opinion)

1. chocolope
2. shire
3. og kush

M

medical_shed

Nepjam is definitely a great euphoric high, almost speedy but no paranoia or anxiety. Creative and motivational I found, great stuff very strong.

Blueberry was really nice too a real 50/50 head body high and very long lasting.

Haze hybrids also make for euphoric smoke.

Croissant

nepjam does sound interesting...

its interesting you mention haze hybrids as euphoric... many seem to find them paranioa inducing. I myself have only triedhaze on a few occasions and it was SSH but i didnt think it was that good imo. maybe the pheno or the grower idk it didnt cause much paranioa but not much euphoria in fact i found it rather bleh. So it was probably not a good example of the strain. I think sometimes name of strains get so hyped up and when a good pheno isnt found well its dissapointing all around. i did try nevilles haze once too... i found this rather potent and i felt very hazy vibratory foggy in the head, it did give me bouts of paranioa at times.it had a lot of depth complexity and character. It was good stuff but not my cup-o-tea. it was rather sureal dreamlike the nevilles haze. i guess it was kinda euphoric in a blissed out kind of way.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Johhy Blaze

Love Potion

Jock Horror back when it was called Jack Horror

Tom Hills Haze - a total surprise. I expected a fast moving rush, but instead found an awesome mentally relaxing high

Latest posts

Latest posts