Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > Anyone good at growing beets and other rootcrops (advise please)

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Anyone good at growing beets and other rootcrops (advise please) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2018, 02:37 AM #1
hunt4genetics

hunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nice
Anyone good at growing beets and other rootcrops (advise please)

I am growing beets as a cool weather crop. I am wonder if anyone is really good at this and have advice for a newbie?

I am attracted to the health benefits and want a constant supply. Those who are growers of beets and other root crops and micro-greens, feel free to post your pics and advice please.

Thanks.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:03 AM #2
DrDee

DrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the rough
deleted

Last edited by DrDee; 12-29-2018 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: duplicate
DrDee is offline Quote

Old 12-29-2018, 03:03 AM #3
DrDee

DrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the rough
deleted

Last edited by DrDee; 12-29-2018 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: duplicate
DrDee is offline Quote

Old 12-29-2018, 03:07 AM #4
hunt4genetics

hunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nice
Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. Bulbs the size of a cantaloupe!!! That's a goal to shoot for. My native soil is overly sandy so I continue to build up with organic matter.

Old 12-29-2018, 03:31 AM #5
DrDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt4genetics View Post
Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. Bulbs the size of a cantaloupe!!! That's a goal to shoot for. My native soil is overly sandy so I continue to build up with organic matter.
The soil there was lake bed from an ancient lake called Lake Agassiz and very rich. Other local crops were corn and sunflowers.

We would dig up a few before harvest and make sugar beet wine. Amazing we didn't poison ourselves. lol

I had an Aussie buddy tell me that hamburgers down under include beet powder and fried eggs...so I tried it. Red beet powder is a vasodilator so you get satiated and an erection. Typical Aussie thinking.
JD
DrDee is offline Quote

Old 12-29-2018, 03:36 AM #6
DrDee

Hey...I don't know what the deal is with my first post. It appeared twice...I edited one and now both disappeared. Oh well...at least you got to read it. Shit happens.
JD